2011 NBA Draft

GamerGuy

Kenneth Faried would have been a much better pick.

Faried is basically no different than Turiaf, though. He wouldn't have been a bad pick by any means, but at least Shumpert gives them a bit more versatility and could develop into a very nice defensive stopper off of the bench.

Plus, it is always great to have an athlete like him when you play a system like D'Antoni runs.

Faried is basically no different than Turiaf, though. He wouldn't have been a bad pick by any means, but at least Shumpert gives them a bit more versatility and could develop into a very nice defensive stopper off of the bench.

Plus, it is always great to have an athlete like him when you play a system like D'Antoni runs.

That is true, although I don't think they would be able to find someone with such rebounding abilities like Faried on the free agency market.

Faried is basically no different than Turiaf, though.

Much better rebounder than Turiaf. Turiaf is a better shot-blocker.

Both limited offensively, but Faried scores a lot more on putbacks and has some post moves, Turiaf has a better mid-range.

I think the question mark on Faried is his size. He may just be another Reggie Evans.

Much better rebounder than Turiaf. Turiaf is a better shot-blocker.

Both limited offensively, but Faried scores a lot more on putbacks and has some post moves, Turiaf has a better mid-range.

I think the question mark on Faried is his size. He may just be another Reggie Evans.

Yeah, so, in conclusion, basically no different. Both bring pretty much the same thing to the table.

Also, sounds like there was a trade. I made a thread about this, but figured I'd post it here as well.

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein

RT @chadfordinsider: Pacers have traded this pick to the Spurs for George Hill, sources say

Spurs also are supposedly getting the 42nd pick in the draft.

Hamilton would have been a much better pick here for the Bucks. Sure he can be a bit of a chucker, but he would give them a much needed offensive player. I think he would've been a better pick than Harris, but I admit to knowing next to nothing about Harris.

Minny better make a trade or they are going to get another top 5 pick next year.

They also have Anthony Randolph which makes this 4 and 5 situation crazy.

Edited by Newman

There goes Donatas. So much for Houston getting him. If Houston wants a big Faried and JuJuan Johnson are probably the best left.

Actually, he is likely to be traded to Houston.

chadfordinsider Chad Ford

Motiejunas will be traded to the Rockets. Unclear on other details.

Definitely thought Faried would be the pick here. Everything I read suggested that tehy absolutely loved him last season before he pulled out of the draft and still completely adored him this season.

Smith isn't a bad pick by any means, though. He won't be anything spectacular, but he should be a solid guard for them.

I heard that the Blazers wanted a starting PG in the draft. Nolan Smith can definitely be the one.

Also, people have speculated that Brad Miller and two picks (23rd and future 1st) will be going to Minny for Donatas and Jonny Flynn.

I heard that the Blazers wanted a starting PG in the draft. Nolan Smith can definitely be the one.

Also, people have speculated that Brad Miller and two picks (23rd and future 1st) will be going to Minny for Donatas and Jonny Flynn.

Yup, that is what I am hearing as well. Just posted it in the thread in the Rockets forum and Woj said that was the trade.

PS: DId they say the Toronto Trailblazers there? :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough