2011 FIFA Women's World Cup

Cobb

US plays today but I'm going to miss it. Hopefully they can get a win or tie so they'll finish first in the group and play the runner-up from Group D instead of finishing second and facing Brazil.

Well, saw the three minutes of extra time but that was it. US lost 2-1. Not exactly sure what happened but I heard Abby Wambach scored which is a good sign. She had been on a pretty bad goal drought. Something along the lines of 1 goal in the last 11 games or so.

With the US finishing second in Group C they will face the winner of Group D which was Brazil.

Game is on Sunday, July 10th at 11:30 ET.

Awful refereeing in this game.

Hope Solo saves a penalty kick, but was given a yellow card for moving off her line too early. Marta of course puts the second try away to tie it at 1.

Now the USA is playing with 10 players after the red card Buehler got to set up the penalty kick for Brazil.

The referee has completely ruined the match.

I just hate how all of Brazil's players can do all the skill moves that the really good male players can do to get by the defenders, but our strikers can only run around and hope for a good pass.

Edited by SRV

I can't believe I just thoroughly enjoyed a game of women's soccer along with my brother and dad, and cheered at the TV when everything happened lol..I need to take a shower