2011 FIFA Women's World Cup

Cobb

Women's soccer is actually much more fun to watch then the men. I've pretty much watched every televised game so far, and I've enjoyed them all. No diving or anything that disgraces the sport.

Penalty kick shootouts are still ridiculous though. No important game should be decided that way.

Edited by DaBearsfan101

Women's soccer is actually much more fun to watch then the men. I've pretty much watched every televised game so far, and I've enjoyed them all. No diving or anything that disgraces the sport.

Penalty kick shootouts are still ridiculous though. No important game should be decided that way.

Nah, the women do that still, every soccer player does it, but I don't really care. That girl Erika from Brazil laid on the ground for 2 minutes, got picked up by a stretcher, and 5 seconds after she was off the field she jumped off the stretcher, ran to the sideline and then ran back into the game about a minute later. I realize she was milking the clock, but the crowd was well aware of her antics and she got booed for it. I am just glad we pulled off that miracle goal. It was mainly that fake injury that allowed so much extra time.

Edited by SRV
  • Like 1

Yea, they got a lot of calls, especially after the ref realized she was going to get killed after the game if the US didn't win. Still doesn't take away from the fact that the refs to this minute have not explained exactly why Brazil was given a second PK. She also gave Solo a yellow card for no reason.

Yea, they got a lot of calls, especially after the ref realized she was going to get killed after the game if the US didn't win. Still doesn't take away from the fact that the refs to this minute have not explained exactly why Brazil was given a second PK. She also gave Solo a yellow card for no reason.

Soccer is a shady sport. Their heiarchy never lets the referees speak.

It was a great game, but it's still a travesty that soccer allows major games to be decided by penalty kicks.

Nah, the women do that still, every soccer player does it, but I don't really care. That girl Erika from Brazil laid on the ground for 2 minutes, got picked up by a stretcher, and 5 seconds after she was off the field she jumped off the stretcher, ran to the sideline and then ran back into the game about a minute later. I realize she was milking the clock, but the crowd was well aware of her antics and she got booed for it. I am just glad we pulled off that miracle goal. It was mainly that fake injury that allowed so much extra time.

Hahahahaha I almost cried from laughing so hard when she jumped off the stretcher and just ran back onto the field. :lol: