Dallas Cowboys 2011-12 Season Thread

fish7718

It will not be ending in 2011 ;)

Cowboys agreed to terms with OT Doug Free on a four-year, $32 million contract.

The deal includes $17 million in guarantees. The Cowboys gambled by refusing to franchise tag Free at $11 million, and it paid off despite the reported "dogfight" with the Bucs. We suspect that was overplayed by Free's agent in an attempt to drive up the price on the Cowboys. Free is tentatively expected to stay on Tony Romo's blindside this season, though it's not set in stone with top-ten pick Tyron Smith waiting in the wings.

Huge signing considering the reports that he was going to go play LT somewhere else. Especially after cutting Colombo we absolutely needed him back. Don't know much we have left in terms of singing Asomugha. I'd love to see us cut Newman and take a run at Jonathan Joeseph.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homo Romo better rape for me this year for fantasy.

I doubt it, 2 new starters on o-line, 1 a back up 1 a rookie, and RB's that can't block worth shit, not to mention an unproven WR starting who has been getting locked down by terrence newman, not looking good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q6xKZMhvZY&feature=player_embedded

That cut by Felix at 2:30 is just deadly, I said it a few years ago when i first saw him and ill say it again, Felix Jones has got 'it' dude can finish top 5 in rushing if he gets the carries and stays healthy, huge if obviously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Tug88kJoY&feature=player_embedded

I counted

1 pass to Miles Austin

2-3 passes to Dez Bryant

2-3 passes to Kevin Ogletree

6-8 passes to Jason Witten :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x534Q6YSw_k&feature=player_embedded

:wub: can't wait to see Sean Lee get his chance :)

Tashard Choice who has been out all camp with an injury is in danger of getting cut, I'd like to deal him I feel when can get a 3rd/4th at least but Choice is too similar to Murray and Jones to have a job and Lonyae Miller has been impressing a lot of people with his abilities to be a short yardage back and his ability to protect the passer which is going to be huge when you got a rookie RT and Montrae Holland at LG.

Edited by fish7718

lol I wasn't being sarcastic, he's a cool dude. I like seeing stuff like that, unlike Rodgers blowing off the cancer patient in the airport.

Ahh lol yeah, you never know with famous people but Romo seems like a real down to earth guy, remember this story?

Forget about Triple-A. Got a flat? Call Tony Romo!

Known for his heroics on the football field, the Dallas Cowboy star played hero to Bill and Sharon White on September 7, when the two found themselves stranded with a flat tire.

The Irving, Texas, couple were trying in vain to mend the tire when Romo – fresh off a flight from Cleveland where he and his team had beaten the Browns earlier in the day – pulled up.

"All of a sudden I hear a voice say, 'Do you need help?'" Sharon, 53, tells PEOPLE.

Without realizing it was Jessica Simpson's beau who had come to their aid, the couple and the football star went at the flat tire together. After fiddling with the air compressor switch on the car jack, the tire inflated.

"At that point, I looked at him and thought, 'Dang, he looks familiar,'" Sharon says. "I go, 'You know what? You look like Tony Romo.' He looked down and just gave me that boyish smile he's got. Then he said, 'That's because I am.'"

"I just screamed as loud as I could," Sharon says. "Then I grabbed him and hugged him."

Her husband Bill, 61, who had missed the Dallas-Cleveland game while on the road, asked Romo what had happened to his bandaged chin. When Romo started explaining, "I stopped him and said, 'Don't tell me! I don't want to know!" says Bill, who had recorded the game at home.

With the situation under control, Romo left the scene. But the starstruck Whites realized they'd forgotten to say thank you.

Now, if she had the chance, "I'd thank [Tony] so much for stopping," Sharon says. "I love him to death, he's a great guy. And I hope I didn't bust his eardrum!"

? tbh this is hilarious to me, Romo is the man, hide and seek? lol. At least he doesn't wear a hairband in public and sponsor uggs.

http://sidelionreport.com/files/2011/05/tombradysuperbowl.jpg

http://scm-l3.technorati.com/11/01/04/23959/tony-romo-crying.jpg

You get very defensive for no reason. No comment was made from me on the article, yet you bring up someone who isn't involved in any way with Romo? That's the norm with you though.

You get very defensive for no reason. No comment was made from me on the article, yet you bring up someone who isn't involved in any way with Romo? That's the norm with you though.

It was a response to the article mostly, and then the truth. You've become particularly 'trolly' for a man who thinks his teams are the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Orlando Scandrick got a 5 year 27 million dollar extension :o, I can't believe it. I guess Rex Ryan loves him or something but this pretty mind blowing to me. Hopefully he has become a much better player than previous years.

How u think the Cowboys defense is gonna be this year fish?

lol Are you going to ask me questions every time you draft something Dallas? We were ?31st? I think last year and the only thing that has really changed is Rob Ryan. Not sure just how much good coaching can change a defense...The year before the Jets were the #1 defense with Rex they were the 18th overall defense. They did add Bart Scott and Revis was just getting amazing too...I don't know, I expect we'll be good sometimes, terrible others, mediocre overall.

Edited by fish7718

Gurode released

Yes yes, thought he would be Saturday but yeah I found out today too. Tough to see him go, his veteran presence will be missed, I guess Jerry really need the money.

Now our line stacks up as

LT: Free - 4 years experience

LG: Costa/Arkin - Rookie

C: Nagy - Rookie

RG: Koiser (lol) - 9 years experience

RT Smith - Rookie

Good luck Tony Romo