Dallas Cowboys 2011-12 Season Thread

fish7718

So even after a rough loss we can still be happy, the offense looked great, the defense looked great. Dez looked great, Romo looked great, Miles looked great, Witten looked great, Felix looked great, Ware looked great. Even my man Mike Jenkins showed up and played 1 hell of a corner on 1 leg and who knows after the Plaxico hit. Woulda shoulda coulda, the good teams win, the bad teams lose. The Dallas Cowboys are a bad team right now. They can be a good team, but they got to play like it. Starts with Garrett and Romo, and you guys are on alert right now. Romo, I know that 4th quarter wasn't you, show us the real you in San Fran. I just want to move on from such a horrible defeat. As a New Yorker, I'm happy for my city to win on 9/11 so ti wasn't completely bad. It was sort of metaphorical the way NY bounced back and refused to be defeated 10 years ago, they did so again last night. I'll just post my pictures and move onto San Fran talk.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/f8bfd5e2.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/63de7159.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/7afc93f7.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/2dd9cb13.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/1ca9bcb5.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/f0b7c017.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/c0d5e516.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/da013bfc.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/aa98be34.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 broken ribs, and a punctured lung? As happy as I am for Romo for that nothing less than heroic performance, yes week 2 vs 9ers I know I know. Is as mad as I am at the trainers for letting him get back on the field! I know it's tough to diagnosis these things right away but a punctured lung can easily become a collapsed lung with a big hit, that's now only career threatening, that's life threatening. Props to Romo though, he no doubt silenced every single one of his haters with that game right there. Hopefully he is ready to go next week vs the Skins. HUGE game, home opener on Monday night, if we don't have Tony or Miles it's going to be one hell of a tough game to win. Hopefully Romo's lung will heal enough the point where the risk of the lung callapsoing goes down to just about 0. If I had to choose between a win vs the Redskins and my quarterback....

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p329/zombie1967/Terrell-Owens-crying.gif

I'm not trying to play Debbie Downer or anything, but I don't get all of the Romo love after one game. The problem with him was never his toughness, but poor play in the clutch, and I don't see how a blown coverage against a poor team changes everyone's opinion about him.

14 of 17 200 yards 1 TD (shoulda been 2) since returning from the injury. So outside of 1 blown coverage he was still 13 of 16 130 yards? 1 TD and led his team back down in the fourth. I honestly don't see how anyone can question that clutch performance, especially considering all the adversity he had to overcome. That includes coming off the game last week, being a dallas cowboy, playing back to back road games, cross the country, being down 10 in the 4, being 15 minutes away from being criticized yet again as 'over hyped'. Oh yeah and throw in two broken ribs and a punctured lung, no big deal. I honestly can't see how this is not seen as a clutch performance.

btw, I'll probably get laughed at this, but whatever. Even on the blown coverage, you still have to make the throw, and he put it right on the money. I guarantee there are times when QB's in the league miss that throw.

Edited by fish7718

All I am saying is I don't think that one nice performance during the second week of the season against the 49er's should shut all of his "haters" up like a lot of the media has been saying. I never really disliked him as a QB, but I just don't see how this performance should change most people's opinions about him, whether they have liked him or not liked him. It was a good performance by him though.

All I am saying is I don't think that one nice performance during the second week of the season against the 49er's should shut all of his "haters" up like a lot of the media has been saying. I never really disliked him as a QB, but I just don't see how this performance should change most people's opinions about him, whether they have liked him or not liked him. It was a good performance by him though.

I don't know, if you can bury a guy as the worst clutch QB ever like they did week 1 after 1 game, then I guess you can call him Peyton Manning week 2.

I can! too many injuries!

Lol I still expect it to be a close game, and wouldn't be surprised at all if you all come out on top. It's our first time seeing this new defense with Rob Ryan, Demarcus Ware is going to eat up Trent Williams. I have no faith in him right now, he got dominated by Jason Pierre Paul when we played the Giants Week 1, and hasn't fared well against elite pass rushers. It's also your home opener, so that's probably going to play a role in this game.

If we're able to pull out the W, I'll be extremely impressed.

Lol I still expect it to be a close game, and wouldn't be surprised at all if you all come out on top. It's our first time seeing this new defense with Rob Ryan, Demarcus Ware is going to eat up Trent Williams. I have no faith in him right now, he got dominated by Jason Pierre Paul when we played the Giants Week 1, and hasn't fared well against elite pass rushers. It's also your home opener, so that's probably going to play a role in this game.

If we're able to pull out the W, I'll be extremely impressed.

Oh I expect us to win too, but there's a solid chance we could lose to Grossman and watch the Redskins go to the 3-0. I can't have that. Rob Ryan's defense is insane. DeMarcus Ware comes from everywhere on the LoS so good luck to everyone on your line trying to block him. Ware has line up as Sam Mike Will and both DE positions. So good luck :lol:

Oh I expect us to win too, but there's a solid chance we could lose to Grossman and watch the Redskins go to the 3-0. I can't have that. Rob Ryan's defense is insane. DeMarcus Ware comes from everywhere on the LoS so good luck to everyone on your line trying to block him. Ware has line up as Sam Mike Will and both DE positions. So good luck :lol:

Lol seriously, he's always been a monster, but Rob has really elevated his game to a new level. I'm basically terrified of seeing him rip apart our offensive line. :(

ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer used that story to look at Tony Romo's performance in clutch situations. Archer found that over his career, Romo has averaged a 101.5 passer rating in the fourth quarters of games with a score differential of seven points or less.

He also writes that since 2006, only Peyton Manning has a higher rating in comparable situations (103.7) than Romo. The only blemish on Romo's stats was the 2010 season (69.7) in which he dipped under 100 for the first time in his five NFL seasons.

Sean Lee is NFC Defensive Player of Month

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0908/cfb.top.10.big.10.players/images/sean-lee.jpg

When training camp began last month, inside linebacker Sean Lee wasn't even a sure thing to start for the Dallas Cowboys. But after three eye-popping games as their starter, the Cowboys announced Wednesday, Lee has been named the NFC's Defensive Player of the Month. Lee is the first Cowboys player to win this award since it was established in 1986.

:o at the 1986

Cowboys 2nd in the NFL vs run, Lee has been a huge reason for that, a god send for this team. Dare I say it, the best draft pick for the Cowboys since the Parcells era. What a beast. Big reason for why we won that Redskins game.

Fish I picked up Sean Lee for fantasy. :) Hopefully he keeps racking up them tackles.

Your add is what actually inspired that post. I meant to make it earlier when I heard he won but totally forgot, then I saw you added him and I was like oh yeah gotta do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Warning: No Filters

So...my confidence which was so high a week ago, is now completely crushed. People keep asking me who I want to blame, asking me is it Romo? The defense? Who's to blame? [expletive] WHO IS TO BLAME. I'm done with this stupid blame game this fanbase loves to play with this team. Singling out pieces of the team and saying "This is the problem" "No this is the problem" [expletive] THAT, the team is the [expletive]ing problem. Stop blaming Romo, Miles, O-line, D-line, defense, corners, etc. It's the whole mother [expletive]ing team and it starts with the god damn head coach and GM that put it together. I tell you if they don't get this [expletive]ing shit straight, which I don't expect them to, we aren't going to win a superbowl in a long time. People need to move the team needs to be changed. Coaching/perrsonel/players/cheerleaders i don't know what the [expletive] it is but it has to change. 3 losses by a total of 11 [expletive]ing points and the teams that beat us all took the lead within the final 2 minutes SMMFH. [expletive]ing awful. 3 Blown leads in the 4th quarter lol. Patriots are a good team but they have no business holding us TO 16 POINTS. Worst defense in the league and we average 400 [expletive]ing yards a game OVER 4 TRIPS DOWN THE FIELD and we can only put up 16 points lol, 16 points. 16 [expletive]ING POINTS JASON GARRETT. 16 [expletive]ING POINTS. HOW THE [expletive] ARE YOU GOING TO GO TO NEW ENGLAND, EXPECT TO WIN, AND PUT UP 16 [expletive]ING MEESLY POINTS.

Props to Rob Ryan for fixing the defense if I have to choose between Garrett or Ryan as head coach next season I think that's a pretty easy decision. If Rob Ryan ends up the head coach of the eagles next season then haha we are so [expletive]ed.

• 1 month later...

What a difference a few weeks make! After Dallas lost to Philly and NY upset to NE everyone was crowning Giants NFC East Champs...WELL IF YOU WANT TO CROWN THEM, CROWN THEIR ASSES.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying I think Dallas has this division won, but we are in 1st and we do have an easier road, which is def cause for optimism...

Dallas Remaining Schedule

Vs Miami Dolphins 3-7 (Thanksgiving)

@ Arizona Cardinals 3-7

Vs New York Giants 6-4

@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-6

Vs Philadelphia Eagles 4-6

@ New York Giants 6-4

New York Remaining Schedule

@ New Orleans Saints 7-3

Vs Green Bay Packers 10-0

@ Dallas Cowboys 6-4

Vs Washington Redskins 3-7

@ New York Jets 5-5 (home game really)

Vs Dallas Cowboys 6-4

If Dallas is the team everyone thought they could be they should have no problem going at least 3-3 in that schedule

Let's say Dallas wins Vs Philly @Arizona and Vs NYG this puts Dallas at 9-7 with a division record of 4-2

This would mean New York (who we having splitting the Dallas games) would have to 2-2 against the Saints Packers Jets and Redskins just to tie division, Dallas would win division with tie breaker of better division record in that scenario so really NY would have to beat Saints or Packers and the Jets and Redskins, no easy task ahead of them. Again this assumes that Dallas goes 3-3 in a schedule where they should by all means going 4-2

Vs Miami

@ Arizona

Vs Philly

Vs NY

should all be wins, got to defend home field in your division, Miami is hot but this is Thanksgiving and we got Arizona off 10 days rest

if we got 4-2 we have a 10-6 record, if the Giants drop a game to us they have to win every other game schedule to win division because we have the advantage in the division record, how big is that week 1 lost vs Washington now? Division games so important in the NFL, should be a fun to the end of the season.

Anyways enough of that 3 GAME WIN STREAK AND FIRST PLACE BITCHES!!!! :D

To anyone who would criticize Dallas's play today just remember @ Washington is always a tough game regardless of who is on either team. Dallas which was hyped last year went in and lost 13-7 there Sunday night week 1 last year. @ Washington is always a game I'm afraid of, even if Rax Grissman is their QB.

I just want to thank Graham Ganoooooooooooo Good, out D was making Rex look like Brady out there, need someone to step in an look like well, a redskin :)

Swept the Redskins division series, oh man that feels GOOD!

Romo on pace for about 4,500 yards and 30+ TD's oh yeah he's played through a cracked rib too this year :)

This post won't stop but just so proud of the boys showing up today, the o-line especially giving Romo the time he needed to make those huge plays to Dez and Witten down field :)

Gotta admit Fish, I'm very impressed with the Cowboys, I was very skeptical about them at the start of the season (as were you IIRC) but Demarco Murray has really helped balance out the offense.

As for the playoffs, it's definitely a possibility, Dallas played arguably the strongest schedule over the first 6 games or so, and now they have an easier road than the Giants. But, they are also a team that has shown that they can blow any game at any point, so this will be a very interesting end to the year.

Ugly win but what that is Bailey 4th game winner inside 2 minutes, Bailey missed the first FG of his career a 23 yarder in SF, hasn't missed since I believe, if he has it was once, dude is money in the clutch.

First place all to ourselves :)