Eminem or Jay-Z?

Legacy

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jay's discog is better, but Em is definitely close - definitely top 5 of all time. But Jay just proved that at 40+ he's still one of the best, if not the best rapper in hip hop STILL! Jay-Z is the GOAT IMO. What he's done over the past 15 years in hip hop is incredible. To stay releveant for that long, to make not only in depth lyrical songs but also songs that can appeal to the masses with so many different themes/story lines is incredible to me.

Easy, ride biggie's coat tails into the game, use his lines to stay relevant and a rap battle with Nas, which he lost (lol), then just skate off of mainstream and hope people dont notice your whack tracks and eventually ride Kanye's coat tails to prove you can still do it.

Hey Jay-Z, MEN LIE, WOMEN LIE, NUMBERS DON'T!

Eminem United States 1999–present 1999 Hip hop 86 million[282]

Jay-Z United States 1996–present 1996 Hip hop 50 million[328]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Staying with the men lie women lie numbers don't

Who won the grammy for best rap album 2 years straight now? How old is Eminem? :lol:

Edited by fish7718

Yeah cause that's exactly what I said. You're the one that said "em can rap fast and jay can't. That's why he's better." I said jay can rap on ANY beat and em can't. That's my argument. And no I did not say because he has more albums I said because he's had more QUALITY albums. Em has had 3 quality albums where as jay has had many quality albums. I'm not sayin em isn't good. He's definitely a great rapper. Jay has just had more quality albums.

Yeah cause that's exactly what I said. You're the one that said "em can rap fast and jay can't. That's why he's better." I said jay can rap on ANY beat and em can't. That's my argument. And no I did not say because he has more albums I said because he's had more QUALITY albums. Em has had 3 quality albums where as jay has had many quality albums. I'm not sayin em isn't good. He's definitely a great rapper. Jay has just had more quality albums.

Lol Quality albums is all a matter of opinion, why we are on that, nothing Jay-Z has made comes close to touch the LP's. BTW saying Jay-Z can rap on any beat and Eminem can't is complete BS argument.

Yeah em did it all by himself right? Super producer Dr Dre had nothing to do with it at all right?

You're right, I forgot Jay-Z produces all of his songs :lol:

Reasonable Doubt and blueprint>Slim Shady LP and eminem show. MM LP is probably the best he'll ever make. Not better than blueprint but equal for sure. You said he rode biggies coat tails? He made one song with biggie while he was alive which biggie BEGGED to be on. Jay didn't need dre or his money or his promoting to get big. Em needed that or else we would've never even heard of him. I never said jay produced his own beats but he also didn't need a super producer. All his producers from reasonable doubt are pretty much irrelevant now.

• Like 2

Lol. It's not even that but I hate when people say he's not a good rapper or that he had to ride biggies coat tails. Yes I will admit he lost to nas. I'm not denying that but he can spit and people still hate on after 15+ years.

When Jay makes anything even a little close to the MM LP come get me. Dr. Dre or not Em's lyrical skills and word play is amazing. Plus his voice doesn't crack like every 5 seconds.

edit: Plus does anyone remember Em murdering Jay on his own track on Jay's breakout album? Aight.

Edited by Karl Malone

Anyone care to defend the shitty Eminem we had between 2003-2010? Because that would really give me a much needed laugh in this [expletive]ing hurricane.

Funny because after the black album came out in 03 Jay-Z released 2 shit albums in 6 years american gangster and kingdom come, till BP3 in 09, so both rappers had their down time. At least Em wasn't putting out bad albums. I'll take Encore over those 2.

Funny because after the black album came out in 03 Jay-Z released 2 shit albums in 6 years american gangster and kingdom come, till BP3 in 09, so both rappers had their down time. At least Em wasn't putting out bad albums. I'll take Encore over those 2.

Hahahahahahaha you really just said that American Gangster wasn't a good album but Encore was?!?!?

Thanks, I knew one of the fishys would come through.

Lol. Oh wow. Encore was horrendous. American Gangster had some good ass songs on that album. I'll take Kingdom Come all day everyday and twice on sunday over Encore. Absolute garbage.

Anyone care to defend the shitty Eminem we had between 2003-2010? Because that would really give me a much needed laugh in this [expletive]ing hurricane.

Shitt Eminem?

Encore? Ill give you that one. Even that had some great songs on it (Toy soldiers, Mosh, One shot 2 shot, Never enough). Then what else. Relapse? He over did the accents, but lyrically that album was outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylAFY_m11l8

Relapse was sick imo. Then you have Recovery. Think we all know Em went hard on that one. In any case saying Em was shitty between 2003-2010 isnt justifiable by any means. :whistling:

Em also touched on so many different subjects while Jay, well, continues to talk about his money and power (and his illumi you know what agenda).

And I hope no one in here thinks Jay > Em lyrically because thats just laughable. :lol:

Edited by kingfish

• Owner

And I hope no one in here thinks Jay > Em lyrically because thats just laughable. :lol:

That's actually what does it for me. The gap between Em vs. Jay when it comes to who the better lyricist is...is far, far greater than the gap between the two concerning who the better rapper is. While people will argue who the better rapper is, there's no argument against Eminem being better lyrically.

Easy, ride biggie's coat tails into the game, use his lines to stay relevant and a rap battle with Nas, which he lost (lol), then just skate off of mainstream and hope people dont notice your whack tracks and eventually ride Kanye's coat tails to prove you can still do it.

Jay-Z is 10x what Nas ever was. Nas had like one hot album. And Jay-z's diss track to Nas one of the most underrated tracks ever. Illmatic and Ether were sick no doubt but Jay-Z is way more relevant in hip hop...no one cares about nas do they? lmfao. ya'll [expletive]as are crazy i'm telling ya. does nas even rap anymore?

and you talk about diss tracks, jay-z ruined multiple [expletive]as careers. for example, his DOA track about auto tune...you barely hear anyone with the auto tune sound any more - and he dissed t-pain, that [expletive]as not getting on anyone's tracks anymore is he? i dont hear all about t-pain anymore...

you obviously know nothing. jay-z's lyricism is probably above your head

Edited by JYD

That's actually what does it for me. The gap between Em vs. Jay when it comes to who the better lyricist is...is far, far greater than the gap between the two concerning who the better rapper is. While people will argue who the better rapper is, there's no argument against Eminem being better lyrically.

why is there no argument? i don't get it. you people are crazy. jay-z is definitely just as good lyrically as eminem is

Jay-Z is 10x what Nas ever was. Nas had like one hot album. And Jay-z's diss track to Nas one of the most underrated tracks ever. Illmatic and Ether were sick no doubt but Jay-Z is way more relevant in hip hop...no one cares about nas do they? lmfao. ya'll [expletive]as are crazy i'm telling ya. does nas even rap anymore?

and you talk about diss tracks, jay-z ruined multiple [expletive]as careers. for example, his DOA track about auto tune...you barely hear anyone with the auto tune sound any more - and he dissed t-pain, that [expletive]as not getting on anyone's tracks anymore is he? i dont hear all about t-pain anymore...

you obviously know nothing. jay-z's lyricism is probably above your head

Then his partner Kanye West autotunes on watch the throne. lmfao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ula5VyZA4Ns

and wasn't Tpain signed onto YM? WIth your boy Drake hmmmmm....