Jerry Sandusky scandal

Dr. Feelgood

Everyone involved should be fired. Anyone who even sniffed around it. McQueerby is still on staff? How does that work? He walked in on a rape, left, and didn't say anything to anyone until the next day. THAT is the most egregious part, to me, outside of the actual rape.

Penn State students acting like complete [expletive]ing assholes, rioting because Paterno was fired? Seems like a movement for movement's sake. Children were raped and molested, the guy knew about it, and still let the dude around the team for years. He didn't ensure the authorities found out. You can say he did his duty, etc etc.. but children were raped and he didn't pursue it to the fullest that he could have. Should he go to jail? Maybe, maybe not. But he absolutely could not stay on as head football coach. The game this Saturday would have been even more of a joke.

PSU has gone from a highly respected university to a laughing stock overnight. I'm tired of hearing about it already.

• Like 4

Everyone involved should be fired. Anyone who even sniffed around it. McQueerby is still on staff? How does that work? He walked in on a rape, left, and didn't say anything to anyone until the next day. THAT is the most egregious part, to me, outside of the actual rape.

Penn State students acting like complete [expletive]ing assholes, rioting because Paterno was fired? Seems like a movement for movement's sake. Children were raped and molested, the guy knew about it, and still let the dude around the team for years. He didn't ensure the authorities found out. You can say he did his duty, etc etc.. but children were raped and he didn't pursue it to the fullest that he could have. Should he go to jail? Maybe, maybe not. But he absolutely could not stay on as head football coach. The game this Saturday would have been even more of a joke.

PSU has gone from a highly respected university to a laughing stock overnight. I'm tired of hearing about it already.

This.

Also did anyone see this chart? Ridiculous that there were so many that knew about this and did nothing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/Gerald_Sandusky_Sexual_Abuse_Findings_of_Grand_Jury.png

Edited by Dash

Could not take my eyes off CNN last night, despite needing to go to sleep. That was absolutely unreal. I feel bad for all of the reasonable people associated with Penn State, because right now that entire institution is an embarrassment to humanity.

Speaking of embarrassments, the Board of Trustees press conference was an embarrassment to journalism. Those "reporters" crying about Paterno not getting a proper send-off should have all present and future press credentials revoked.

This whole thing is quite sad and I could go on for a while about it.

This is ALL espn talks about. Ok its a serious issue, but honestly who cares? This is why the NBA needs to come back. Football is once a week, theres nothing else during the week.

oh look another stupid post by kingfish. if the nba was on right now, espn would have given it no coverage all week regardless :lol:

• Like 2

This is ALL espn talks about. Ok its a serious issue, but honestly who cares? This is why the NBA needs to come back. Football is once a week, theres nothing else during the week.

This is the biggest scandal to hit college football, of course this will be all they're talking about..

IllWill basically said it all, but I'm really interested in seeing what's next to be revealed involving this scandal. I'll go as far as saying Paterno is just as culpable as Sandusky in this case. He could have ignored the problem and simply made Sandusky a pariah around the program, but he did neither, which I think set the tone for everyone else. I have a feeling people wanted to come forward, but feared the idea of tarnishing Paterno's legacy.

This is the biggest scandal to hit college football, of course this will be all they're talking about..

IllWill basically said it all, but I'm really interested in seeing what's next to be revealed involving this scandal. I'll go as far as saying Paterno is just as culpable as Sandusky in this case. He could have ignored the problem and simply made Sandusky a pariah around the program, but he did neither, which I think set the tone for everyone else. I have a feeling people wanted to come forward, but feared the idea of tarnishing Paterno's legacy.

Well, it's hard to argue that Paterno, or anybody, is as culpable as the guy who actually carried out the assaults.

But you are right. The Penn State "culture" is definitely a major reason nobody went forward, namely Mike McQueary or the janitor. McQueary's career would have likely been over before it started if he brought this scandal out to the public. Not making an excuse for him, but rather giving a reason.

Well, it's hard to argue that Paterno, or anybody, is as culpable as the guy who actually carried out the assaults.

But you are right. The Penn State "culture" is definitely a major reason nobody went forward, namely Mike McQueary or the janitor. McQueary's career would have likely been over before it started if he brought this scandal out to the public. Not making an excuse for him, but rather giving a reason.

Yeah, and the way the university has handled his decade long retirement is evidence of how much power he had over the program.

Who cares that an assistaint coach of a well respected university was committing sex crimes against young boys and members of the universty basically covered it up?

Are you really this stupid, or is it just an act?

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 4

I read the grand jury statements, the things that were done to the victims.. unreal how someone can do that.. that too multiple multiple times for over a decades. I agree Paterno had to be fired, because even if he stayed on, this would follow him around throughout the end of the season and would simply be a distraction. Regarding the assistant coach, what I read was that the night he witnessed the events, he told his father, and then reported it to Joe Paterno the next morning. Who then told the AD..we'll see what comes out of this in the upcoming days/weeks.

But really, god bless the victims, such a sad disturbing story to hear about.

• 7 months later...