What type of stats do you expect from Ariza?

Zero

He is in a new city with a much larger role. He's going to have the ball a lot more and is going to be playing in a up temp system tagged with Aaron Brooks who plays great in an up tempo system. Trevor being one of those players who gets out on the break and plays the passing lanes well, I expect most of his points from the break. What type of stats do you predict from the former champion?

PPG:

RPG:

ASPG:

SPG:

PPG: 20

RPG: 4.5

ASPG: 6

SPG: 2

and these are all stats he BETTER have, I would like better. :)

As much as I would love to see those stats it's not happening. He has trouble creating his own shot and isn't on the level where he can create shots for others. Give him a few years.

As much as I would love to see those stats it's not happening. He has trouble creating his own shot and isn't on the level where he can create shots for others. Give him a few years.

Nah man he will, I have a feeling with him and hopefully Tmac on the court together they will do a great job working together and getting us wins.

Morey and Adelman DID say Ariza will be our number 1 option instead of Brooks.

PPG: 15.7

RPG: 6.5

ASPG: 3.7

SPG: 2.1

Pretty crazy how our number 1 option will be roughly getting 16 ppg. I can see Brooks getting more though.

Morey and Adelman DID say Ariza will be our number 1 option instead of Brooks.

PPG: 15.7

RPG: 6.5

ASPG: 3.7

SPG: 2.1

Pretty crazy how our number 1 option will be roughly getting 16 ppg. I can see Brooks getting more though.

Yeah same here especially now with Atrest gone to LA he will have more chances now to fire away.

Around 14-15 points, 4-5 boards, 3-4 assists, 2 steals per game sounds good.

I wonder how well he'll do without players like Kobe and Pau creating open shots for him. He can't create his own shot, or dribble for his life.

That is where the Princeton Offense kicks in. T-Mac and Yao never allowed Rick to implement his offense fully but now that they are out of the way.

The Princeton offense is constant motion and passing, here are some of the basics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9WZoTYdsQE

I really think a long, athletic forward like Ariza can shine here, not as a star but a solid player. Don't forget Ariza just recently turned 24, he still has plenty of time to improve.

Lol woah. You guys expect this from a guy that averaged 11 with almost all his points coming off easy buckets from double teams on other guys. Hel average 10 ppg at most imo. Hes gonna have to create his own shot from now on, and hes never been able to do that. Hel get 2 steals per game most likely, but hel also let most SF's torch him for high scoring numbers.

If TMac is healthy, I expect Brooks, TMac, and Battier. No way they bench Battier. He's a premier defender and has a much much better shot than Ariza. I think Ariza will do good but I personally wouldn't start him over Battier.

I think they would start him over Battier because the main reason he came to Houston because basically he wanted to become a key player in the offense. He's not coming here to sit on the bench.

If I was Battier, I would expect to start. Hopefully for Battier's sake, he gets traded because he should not be coming off the bench at all. I mean, the Rockets traded Rudy Gay for Battier and Gay is slowly but surely becoming a star in the league. Battier will lock down any PG/SG/SF in the league better than anyone in the NBA.

Battier needs to be traded if they want Ariza to play a significant role.

If I was Battier, I would expect to start. Hopefully for Battier's sake, he gets traded because he should not be coming off the bench at all. I mean, the Rockets traded Rudy Gay for Battier and Gay is slowly but surely becoming a star in the league. Battier will lock down any PG/SG/SF in the league better than anyone in the NBA.

Good post, and I agree in the sense that I think they need to trade Battier. The Rocket's aren't competing this year, or until they get Yao. They might manage a playoff birth, but this team can't any go deeper than Artest's _____, which isn't that deep.

Trade him for a young center, and they'll be set for a decent future.

I wouldn't trade Battier just because of the situation we're in right now. He brings too much to the team and Morey still wants to compete.

I would start Ariza for the reason Clutch just posted and you have remember Shane isn't the same player he used to be, just make him the sixth man again.

Battier shouldn't have to be the 6th man. He should be starting in my opinion. I realize he's getting up there in age but he's still a premier lock down defender and probably the best in the league. He deserves to be on a team in which he can start. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Portland starting because we could surely use him and give him the playing time he deserves.

I'm a Rockets fan, don't get me wrong and I love Battier, I just think they need to trade him if they plan on giving Ariza most of the minutes at the SG/SF spots.

Battier shouldn't have to be the 6th man. He should be starting in my opinion. I realize he's getting up there in age but he's still a premier lock down defender and probably the best in the league. He deserves to be on a team in which he can start. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Portland starting because we could surely use him and give him the playing time he deserves.

I'm a Rockets fan, don't get me wrong and I love Battier, I just think they need to trade him if they plan on giving Ariza most of the minutes at the SG/SF spots.

No he doesn't, trust me Battier is one of my favorite players. Since the surgery Battier has lost a lot of offensive ability and lost a step defensively, he's a nice starter but the sixth man role fits him better. He brings too much to this team though (locker room, defensively), things you can't put a price on.

Its tough to trade a guy like Battier unless you have overpay, which Pritchard won't do.

We're not going to trade him just for the sake of making some move. Maybe if we get a good offer but so far nothing.

Even if he has lost a step defensivly, he's still one of the best defenders in the entire NBA hands down. He could start on about 85% of the teams in the league and still be effective. He doesn't really need to be an offensive player, just take his baseline shots when open but in my opinion, he needs to start.

He can't even hit those baseline shots constantly anymore, some games he'll take 2 or 3 shots and come out with 0-4 points. His lack of offense is starting to catch up with him, which is why Ariza should be the one starting.

Battier starting next to Ariza will be great together (a lot like Artest - Battier last year) but once Tracy comes back, Shane needs to take the back seat. He will still be getting 20 - 25 minutes a game so I really don't see the problem here.