Chris Paul Requests Trade to Knicks

magicbalala245

So much for the lockout creating parity....

Anyways, I'll stick by my original comment, CP3 isn't going to the Knicks. It doesn't seem feasible at this point despite Paul's desire to play in New York. No assets to trade for him, and no, expecting Shumpert to breakout when he's playing behind Billups is just irrational.

Best bet is CP3 going to one of the LA teams... and don't rule out Boston just yet.. Remember, KG said he had no intentions of going to Boston back in '07, Ainge can convince Chris.

I agree with this. Don't trade him to the Knicks at all. There is no way the Knicks will be able to sign Chris Paul during free agency. Jeez, just thinking about this is making me hate players nowadays. Pansies if you ask me. Instead of becoming a follower, be a leader.

You guys are crazy. If CP3 wants to go to the Knicks in the off season, he will go to the Knicks. If that means taking 40 million less, he'll make like 20 million of it back off the court in New York.

You guys are crazy. If CP3 wants to go to the Knicks in the off season, he will go to the Knicks. If that means taking 40 million less, he'll make like 20 million of it back off the court in New York.

It's funny how everyone is assuming he doesn't get endorsement deals now despite being a top 5 player in this league. News flash, just because you're not playing for the Knicks, doesn't mean you aren't getting endorsement deals elsewhere. You think LeBron went to Miami because of a bigger market? No, he created a big market in Cleveland, got all of the endorsements he ever wanted there, and essentially controlled the franchise.

I don't know Dell Demps motives, if he plays hardball with Paul and forces him to play out the season and honor his contract, that's fine. He would be sending a message, and forcing Paul to lose out on $40 million.

However, given what happened to Melo last year, it's logical to assume that the Hornets will want something valuable in return for their star player. Notice how I bolded valuable, NOT Landry Fields, NOT Toney Douglas, and NOT a 2018 first round pick.

The new CBA has forced teams to think twice before signing and trading players, it's not as easy as it once was. At the end of the day, this is a business, spiting Chris Paul rather than looking at the best interest in the team is absolutely stupid.

• Like 1

Lol they would be put on him at one point.

I am actually okay with that... Heat have had worse centers on Dwight before and have been able to kind of dictate what he does. Sure Dwight is gonna get points, rebounds and blocks simply because he is Dwight Howard, but if the Heat do get Sam Dalembert That's just another guy who can really bug what Dwight wants to do. If Joel Anthony and Big Z could bug Dwight last year, having Dalembert and Anthony should considerably a bit more. And yes Bosh may Be put on Howard at some points during the game, but it will not be significant minutes, so I would be okay with that.

It has nothing to do with what contracts they were on. Do you really think Kobe Bryant, at any stage of his career, would've left LA to pair up with LeBron James? I sure don't. He would want to beat LeBron head-to-head, because of how competitive he is and LeBron being his biggest rival.

It is just the type of mindset between the "old school" and the "new school" players.

I'm not even saying that there is anything wrong with the mindset of the current era superstars.

Do I like it? Not really.

Do I have a problem with it? Not really.

They are free to do whatever they want once they become a free agent. The only thing I don't like is them dictating terms while they are still under contract. If Paul wants to pair up with Melo and Amar'e in New York, go right ahead. Just play out your contract first and then sign with them as a free agent. If the team chooses to trade you before your contract is up, great. Just don't try and force your way to another team while you are still under contract with another team.

I honestly can't say if he would or wouldn't. Kobe was very fustrated with the Lakers in the mid 2000's despite being on a team that was a dynasty. I gotta imagine if dude went 7 years without reaching WCF he would have done something. My point is not on the contracts is more of they had early success in NBA they had no reason to go ring chasing, Dirk did and didn't props to him for getting it done on his own terms but I think that's a very unique case that will never happen again....

Now that I look it over the Knicks can deal Toney Douglas/delcine his option and package Balkman in the deal and/or amnesty cut him, and shumpert can be easily flipped and with the cap at 58 the Knicks would have 18 mill for next years off season, meaning they could come close to give Chris Paul a max deal if that isn't a max deal already, so Chris Paul to the Knicks is very very possible. Obviously I'd like it not to come to that though...just trade him to us New Orleans :)

Neither has Kyrie Irving lol don't see what point you made if any...

Smh, you're comparing the number 1 overall pick to guy who was considered by many to be a reach but ok.

I know you guys are excited about the different possibilities, but be a little bit rational.

Smh, you're comparing the number 1 overall pick to guy who was considered by many to be a reach but ok.

I know you guys are excited about the different possibilities, but be a little bit rational.

What the [expletive] is irrational about the ability to move Iman Shumpert? Are you joking? Thabeet was one of the worst contracts in basketball as a guy who showed he can't play a lick of NBA ball, and he was moved. But moving Iman Shumpert is irrational?

So many logics.

Lol the fact you think a mid 1st round rookie would be difficult to trade is beyond stupid...please stop trying to troll because theres no way you actually believe what you are saying...