Chris Paul Requests Trade to Knicks

magicbalala245

Interesting comment by Chad Ford, ESPN: The Knicks want Chris Paul but don't really have the assets to get him. If Shumpert explodes early, they might be able to fashion a package of him, Landry Fields and Chauncey Billups' expiring contract that may intrigue the Hornets.

I'd part with that in a second! #WhateverItTakes

• Owner

Bad news for the Heat, by the way. The Knicks will still have trouble defensively, but any offensive team of THAT caliber can knock them off. If the Suns, Kings and Mavericks were able to find their way into the WCF with less superstar power, you know the Knicks can.

Bad news for the Heat, by the way. The Knicks will still have trouble defensively, but any offensive team of THAT caliber can knock them off. If the Suns, Kings and Mavericks were able to find their way into the WCF with less superstar power, you know the Knicks can.

Knicks are a long way from acquiring Paul IMO though. They have no trade package that would intrigue the Hornets unless Shumpert proves something. That would mean a 3rd team would be necessary to acquire him, which is always messy and a headache.

Also, the Knicks would definitely have trouble signing CP3 in Free Agency, especially under this new CBA.

What's with players these days trying to take the coward way out? It gets annoying and makes the league become less balanced....I lost a lot of respect for Anthony when he did this to the Nuggets...and now I'm losing a ton of respect for Chris Paul. It's bullshit.

• Like 1

If Chris Paul is going to be wearing a Knicks jersey, he might have to wait till free agency. There is no way the NBA will take whatever scraps the Knicks are offering and then take massive heat from the media and fans. There will be SOME team out there that is willing to take the chance at Paul without an extension.

He makes me sick. I remember when they took the Spurs to 7, and looked to have a bright future ahead. Now he's gonna leave them high and dry, just like the rest, to join two other guys just like him. Pathetic. He could've stayed committed to New Orleans, gotten more free agents to come, West would've stayed, etc...Now he'll leave em for whatever cheap deal the Knicks give them.

Thankfully Kevin Durant has been a player we can look to for someone who wants a challenge and isn't looking for the easy way out.

And so much for the NBA changing, the players are still in total control of their destination. Inmates running the asylum.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

The Hornets should just not move him, let his contact expire and the Knicks won't have the room to sign him in the offseason. That simple. CP3 is one of my favorite players, but I'm losing a lot of respect for him, D-Will and Dwight for how they're abusing the system like this. Its one thing for guy to come together during free agency because a team prepared to have enough room for them, but its another to basically force the team who drafted you to trade you to a certain team.

• Like 1

What's with players these days trying to take the coward way out? It gets annoying and makes the league become less balanced....I lost a lot of respect for Anthony when he did this to the Nuggets...and now I'm losing a ton of respect for Chris Paul. It's bullshit.

This. A hundred times this.

• Like 1

So much for the lockout creating parity....

Anyways, I'll stick by my original comment, CP3 isn't going to the Knicks. It doesn't seem feasible at this point despite Paul's desire to play in New York. No assets to trade for him, and no, expecting Shumpert to breakout when he's playing behind Billups is just irrational.

Best bet is CP3 going to one of the LA teams... and don't rule out Boston just yet.. Remember, KG said he had no intentions of going to Boston back in '07, Ainge can convince Chris.

• Like 1

• Owner

The Hornets should just not move him, let his contact expire and the Knicks won't have the room to sign him in the offseason. That simple. CP3 is one of my favorite players, but I'm losing a lot of respect for him, D-Will and Dwight for how they're abusing the system like this. Its one thing for guy to come together during free agency because a team prepared to have enough room for them, but its another to basically force the team who drafted you to trade you to a certain team.

Dude, come on...let's not go that route again. LeBron made Cleveland think he was going to re-sign. He then made it an event on national TV, which turned the organization into one big joke.

Many people have made room for CP3 and Deron, as well as Dwight. There is no difference. LeBron basically forced the Cavaliers into trading him (sign and trade) to Miami, because if Cleveland didn't, they wouldn't have gotten a single thing in return.

And what exactly did they get in return? Milan Macvan, and a few future picks that won't amount to much at all.

At least the Magic could get Bynum and Odom out of the deal.

LBJ played out his deal and became a free agent, he exercised his right to go to whatever team he pleased. This is different. These guys are telling their teams I ONLY want to go here. Its completely different.

I agree with this. Don't trade him to the Knicks at all. There is no way the Knicks will be able to sign Chris Paul during free agency. Jeez, just thinking about this is making me hate players nowadays. Pansies if you ask me. Instead of becoming a follower, be a leader.

I agree with this. Don't trade him to the Knicks at all. There is no way the Knicks will be able to sign Chris Paul during free agency. Jeez, just thinking about this is making me hate players nowadays. Pansies if you ask me. Instead of becoming a follower, be a leader.

I might be wrong but won't the Knicks have enough cap space with Billups' expiring? Paul would have to take less than what the team that owns his rights can offer but it is New York, could always make it up with endorsements.