Tyson Chandler to Knicks?

TheHutch

Wow. This is crazy. My phone has been blowing up the past hour w/ friends telling me about this.

But, seriously, I'd be disappointed losing Amare. But, a Paul/MELO/Tyson trio is a lot more intriguing then Melo/STAT/Tyson right now...

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Just spoke to Andy Miller, agent for Chauncey Billups, who describes his client as "irate" over possibility of Knicks using amnesty on him.

I see this for sure, and I feel bad about it. I'd feel horrible for Amar'e, too, if anything comes of this Paul talk. Two great guys who played hard for us and really want to be around.

Agent Miller on Billups: "He has no intention of being open-minded about any possible situation where a team would claim him off waivers.."

More agent Andy Miller on Knicks exposing Billups to amnesty waiver wire: "....unless it's a team he chooses himself. Buyer beware."

Sounds like Billups is going to be a real problem child if this goes down.

Billups doesn't fit anyway, he never did, let's be honest. We are better off with technically "downgrading on paper" at PG and getting Chandler then we are with not getting Chandler, and going into this season with Billups...

Just spoke to Andy Miller, agent for Chauncey Billups, who describes his client as "irate" over possibility of Knicks using amnesty on him.

I see this for sure, and I feel bad about it. I'd feel horrible for Amar'e, too, if anything comes of this Paul talk. Two great guys who played hard for us and really want to be around.

Chauncey should go to Boston if they trade rondo for a center or miami...

^^ I believe so. An agreement can be made, not sure it can be official though until something happens/works out with Billups/Turiaf

@alanhahn Alan Hahn

Multiple sources tell Newsday that Tyson Chandler will be a Knick. Billups and Turiaf involved to clear cap space. #Knicks #fb

I really do not want Tyson Chandler lol especially at the money this demands, does anyone remember Tyson Chandler in Charlotte? Please spare me, let's keep the CP3/STAT/Melo dream alive, unless you trading Chandler, Landry and Douglas for CP3 I'm down with that lol.

I really do not want Tyson Chandler lol especially at the money this demands, does anyone remember Tyson Chandler in Charlotte? Please spare me, let's keep the CP3/STAT/Melo dream alive, unless you trading Chandler, Landry and Douglas for CP3 I'm down with that lol.

I know it's hard to cope for as a knicks fan but what about a trio of chandler/melo/paul? that is really more balanced imo

Chandler is a better immediate fit for us. Provides us with a defensive upgrade that we so desperately need. Trade the farm for Paul and we have three competent players on the entire roster and still nobody to play on the defensive end of the court, trotting out Ronny Turiaf as our best defensive player.

Chandler is a better immediate fit for us. Provides us with a defensive upgrade that we so desperately need. Trade the farm for Paul and we have three competent players on the entire roster and still nobody to play on the defensive end of the court, trotting out Ronny Turiaf as our best defensive player.

it's pretty much impossible to get chris paul now. we'd have to part with amare or maybe even carmelo

I understand that, I was addressing Fish's post that we should hold out hope for Paul.

Oh ok. i thought you were saying we still had the assets to trade for Paul when you said "trade the farm"

I love the signing, this is exactly what they needed.

However, there's still a downside to this. The PG position is the most important position in Dantoni's offense, you can't leave it up to the erratic play of Toney Douglas can you?

Knicks had a lot of problems, particularly in the playoffs when it came to rebounding and contesting shots in the paint. Those days are over if/when they get Chandler.

However, there's still a downside to this. The PG position is the most important position in Dantoni's offense, you can't leave it up to the erratic play of Toney Douglas can you?

I agree, but I felt like this had already taken a shift with the acquisition of Melo last year.. he did a whole lot of ball handling after coming over. I still think they need to upgrade the PG position, maybe by signing Tinsley out of the D League or trying for Sessions (after they sign Chandler, they still have their MLE.. right?)

I wouldn't be upset with running Douglas and Shumpert out there if we used our MLE on Grant Hill, either.

Yeah Douglas is definitely NOT the answer as a true PG. Good bench player, nice defender, streaky, like his energy, but definitely not a starter on a contending team.

Don't see how Jamaal Tinsley upgrades the team tbf. There's a reason he was in the D-League.

At this point, we must use our MLE on a PG...

I agree, but I felt like this had already taken a shift with the acquisition of Melo last year.. he did a whole lot of ball handling after coming over. I still think they need to upgrade the PG position, maybe by signing Tinsley out of the D League or trying for Sessions (after they sign Chandler, they still have their MLE.. right?)

I wouldn't be upset with running Douglas and Shumpert out there if we used our MLE on Grant Hill, either.

See the thing I'm wondering is, how will the offense work? Last year you had willing/good passers to initiate the pick and roll with Amare, which was absolutely devastating for defenses last season. Now you can't assume Melo those responsibilities because he's not a good passer, nor is he a willing one (especially off the p&r).

If you're a Knicks fan right now, there's absolutely no reason to feel upset. All of this talk is just minor concerns, I fully believe with Chandler, New York is legitimate contender despite their weak bench and potentially poor PG play. Now the question of how far this Knicks squad goes is up for debate, because depth is a major issue, but there's no denying the talent they possess.