Pacers Make 2 Year, $10M Offer to Jamal Crawford

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Sources w/knowledge of deal say Pacers have two-year offer out to Jamal Crawford worth $10M with out to return to free agency next summer

If the Pacers get Crawford, I really like their team heading into this season.

C: Hibbert

PF: West

SF: Granger

SG: George

PG: Collison

with Crawford playing the super sixth man role.

They aren't on the level of a Bulls, Heat, Celtics or Knicks, but I do see them right up there with the Hawks and Magic in that "2nd tier" group of Eastern Conference teams.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Hansbrough is great, too^. He can be a 15/10 guy in this league with the playing time. He's only averaged about 20 MPG in his career.

I would be shocked if Crawford passed this up. Double the money the Knicks are offering.

Not only that, but the Pacers are pushing to get OJ Mayo.

Don't forget about Hansbrough and George Hill, and my boy BRANDON RUSH (if he would get some playing time).

If they sign Crawford, I'd be shocked if they went after Mayo as well.

Where would he fit in with Collison, Hill, George and Crawford all in the mix at the 1/2? Add Brandon Rush to that mix, assuming he isn't involved in the deal and it gets even more crowded.

I guess you could slide George over to the 3, but even then, it is still awfuly crowded in that backcourt.

I think that Mayo was their backup plan in case they weren't able to sign Crawford. I think they got word that they have a good chance of signing Crawford, which is why they used their amnesty cut on Posey to create more space and minutes.

One last point, wasn't the deal supposed to be centered around McRoberts anyways? With him signing with the Lakers, it doesn't seem very likely that the deal would happen and this offer reflects taht even more.

I think it was more of an either or situation and they never planned on getting both.

Now that he's seemingly turned down Indiana's offer, Would like to see Crawford come to NY. That'd be awesome if we didn't have to give up Douglas in the process.

He would be a huge upgrade in the backcourt. You just don't know what you'll get out of Douglas, Fields, or Shumpert. Hell...even Bibby at this point.

Hah hah, a losing team. We had a better record than the Knicks. And will STILL have a better record than the Knicks despite our best player retiring. That much I know.

Seems like he got a lot of that with the Knicks over the years.

I was kidding, of course. And yes, I did get a lot of that haha which is why I loved a chance to use it on someone else lmao :lol: :lol:

Crawford probably will end up in Portland, though.