Hornets agree to send Chris Paul to Clippers

Dash

• Owner

None of this is valuable in a rebuild. Ebanks and Caracter are deep bench players, the picks were late, Dragic is a backup PG, and the other three are old guys making a bunch of money (Martin and Scola for extended years). The package they got, in the situation they're in, is wayyyyyyy better than that.

They didn't know they were getting that package from the Clips, though.

I can't believe you and others seriously believe Stern hit the trade offer with a veto because he believed he could do better. This isn't what people were saying the day it happened. SMH.

All he had to do was come out and say it. Instead, he says it's for basketball reasons.

Hell, I'm done talking about this mess. What a disappointment. I don't expect any of the other 29 teams' fans to show any kind of support to begin with...maybe Houston, but that's about it.

Guess this truly is the difference between teams that mix youth and vets, and productive players, to win...and teams that think you should tank and have a borderline all-star to build around, assuming that will take you somewhere (we can name more than 50% of the league it doesn't work for). Oh well.

If "basketball reasons" was legitimate, you can argue with the TONS of reporters and analysts, and the many players, that didn't think so.

One of the main reasons why I felt very strongly on getting CP3 here is because he's a WINNER. There are great players and also all-stars but what sets apart an all-star from a superstar is his track record. EJ was a GREAT player for us, and losing him was HUGE. But if that is the price we have to pay to bring a WINNING (SHEEN) mentality, then we MUST make the trade.

Essentially the Los Angeles Clippers now have Tiger Blood. And you want to know what I mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZLVjPfFboIM#t=104s

Because the superstar has a target and there are no conditions. The man wants a ring... not more wins, not to make the playoffs, not to be better than our "big brothers", not to win our division or conference... he wants a CHAMPIONSHIP.

As soon as Chauncey, Caron and Mo get that message alongside to the young guns, then the true pressure to perform to your potential becomes apparent.

He mentions in the video of the Clippers' history... and there really isn't much.

P.S.

Good job w/ the new LACP3 banner, RD!