Hornets agree to send Chris Paul to Clippers

Dash

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

ESPN sources: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle. Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and Minnesota pick to Hornets

Wow, Clippers caved.

The Clippers got raped but they got what they wanted.

I disagree. They now have an incredible future, BG and CP3, and then Caron Butler (if healthy, very good) and DeAndre Jordan, who I think will be terrific very soon... Who they get to support these guys, will be interesting. They are only a few solid role players away IMO.

They can't cut Billups. He can retire or play out the season as a Clipper.

Also can not trade him before July 1

Absolutely terrible for Clippers... could have just signed CP3 outright this off-season, now you give the Hornets quite possibly the best young core of assets in the NBA (after this season, Gordon and 2 top 5 picks probably)? Terrible, just terrible.

Without Gordon, the Clippers are not a championship team moving forward. CP3 and Griffin is nice, but I feel like it might not be enough to keep CP3 around long term.

Edited by Check my Stats

Very disappointed that the Clippers caved and gave both Gordon and the Minny pick. It really should have been one or the other, but oh well.

Then again, this is the kind of price that should be paid for a bonafide superstar, not a bunch of role players like New York gave to Denver (not that they were bad players, they were just solid, no future stars) or a bunch of established vets who would keep you as a perennial treadmill team like the Lakers offer had. When a team is looking to rebuild and move their superstar, top 10 player and arguably the best point guard in the game, this is exactly the kind of price that teams should have to pay.

I absolutely love the deal for the Hornets, though. Gordon is a budding star and quite possibly a top 5 shooting guard in the league already. In a few years, I can easily see Gordon as one of the top 2 or 3 shooting guards in the NBA. I absolutely love his game and he is going to blow up in New Orleans.

Add to Gordon the possibility of two top 5 picks in the draft and the potential of Aminu as a jack of all trades small forward (he will never be a star, but he can be a nice glue guy if he puts it together) and the Hornets' future is looking very bright.

Coming out of this season with a core of Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis/Andre Drummond and Harrison Barnes/Michael Kidd-Gilchrist/Quincy Miller is absolutely amazing. Even if they "only" get two top 10 picks, they are still going to come away with a fantastic core to build around as I haven't even mentioned guys like Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb and Jared Sullinger.

Now they just need to get that team out of New Orleans and they can really blow up.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

They gave up a lot, but look what it does to the franchise as a whole. Now they aren't playing second fiddle to the Lakers in terms of talent, probably won't have as much fan support, but still. They actually have a good team even after the trade. Its a good deal for them to be contenders now rather than years down the road.

wheres dan gilbert and all them protesting the fact that chris paul is going to a big market?

Cmon son Clip ain't big market :lol:

One of the worst franchises year in and year out!! Lakers are that team in LA!!