New York at Memphis

Real Deal

• 3 weeks later...

Knicks are getting whipped right now on both sides of the ball. This is disgusting basketball from the Knicks, great ball from the Grizzlies.

we are without our best player. lol.

but really, is it possible to trade for nash? what would it take?!

we are without our best player. lol.

but really, is it possible to trade for nash? what would it take?!

Iman Shumpert, a first round draft pick and Mike D'Antoni's mustache.

http://9.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pringles.jpg

Cannot believe Shump went 5-20....who does this kid think he is?

He's definitely not afraid to put it up, but really, he's the third option on our team.. Melo and Amar'e only played 20 minutes each.

Which leads me to this.. anyone else think Amar'e looks like he lost about 75% of his explosiveness this year? I know that he needs a creator to feed him, but he just looks like he has no quickness or moves to the basket this season at all.

The lack of a PG is the undoing of this team. The defense has been fine, but without a PG to force an issue on offense.. we've got nothing. Trade anyone but Iman, Melo, Amar'e, or Chandler for a quality PG and the team improves dramatically. Fields/Douglas/Jordan and a 1st.. what would that get us? Sundiata Gaines?

• Like 1

He's definitely not afraid to put it up, but really, he's the third option on our team.. Melo and Amar'e only played 20 minutes each.

Which leads me to this.. anyone else think Amar'e looks like he lost about 75% of his explosiveness this year? I know that he needs a creator to feed him, but he just looks like he has no quickness or moves to the basket this season at all.

The lack of a PG is the undoing of this team. The defense has been fine, but without a PG to force an issue on offense.. we've got nothing. Trade anyone but Iman, Melo, Amar'e, or Chandler for a quality PG and the team improves dramatically. Fields/Douglas/Jordan and a 1st.. what would that get us? Sundiata Gaines?

Yeah it's rough and you hit it on the head. This isn't the same Amar'e. No Billups, Felton, Nash. Idc what any of the 'experts' say. Amar'e is in a serious funk...I'm starting to wonder what is up with him. It's like you said, no explosiveness. He can't create his own shot at all. I thought maybe it's being back at the PF position?

I'm starting to believe that we have one superstar on this team, two complimentary players, and a promising rookie. :(

I rememeber the first preseason game against the Nets the announcers saying that Amare gained 20-30 pounds of muscle in the offseason...from the start, I knew he'd have lost a step this season. Mix in the fact that he's now playing at PF and it's definitely been a struggle for him to get to the rim.

This was terrible, just terrible. We don't play as a team, we aren't passing nicely or finding the open man. Our possessions are so boring. Landry just doesn't play well with these guys, Iman is nothing but an explosive jock. A'mare is obviously slower, and Melo can't carry the team on his back. Toney can't run this offense, and I've never missed having a PG like Felton/Chauncey more, although we didn't have them for an extended period of time. I just don't have confidence with this team like I did before the season started.