LA Lakers at New York

Real Deal

@ Guru: Now that's closer to a great game. Even though I placed some bets on the Lakers (and lost), tonight's game was much greater than last night's one (LAL @ BOS). And here's an interesting stat:

Jeremy Lin's last 4 games:

• Sat. vs NJ: 25 pts. 7 assists
  • Mon vs Utah: 28 pts, 8 assists
  • Wed @ WSH: 23 pts, 10 assists
  • Fri vs LAL: 36 pts, 7 assists

Most in first four starts since NBA/ABA merger.

Lakers were definitely tired from last night. No doubt fatigue was an issue. But Lin was incredible man. Seriously. The guy still dropped 38/7 on like 55% shooting. That's ridiculous. Plus, the Knicks missed, I believe, 12 free throws.

Another thing is how bad the Knicks are when Lin ISN'T on the floor. Look like a good team with him, HORRIBLE without him. He seriously might be the M-V-P-. :glasses:

I have yet to watch this guy play, but good for him. Nice to see an Asian dude from Harvard get an entire city excited about their mediocre team, never thought I would see that happen. I hope he keeps it up when Melo comes back, but knowing Melo, he wants the glory and it will make Lin just an average guy.

I have yet to watch this guy play, but good for him. Nice to see an Asian dude from Harvard get an entire city excited about their mediocre team, never thought I would see that happen. I hope he keeps it up when Melo comes back, but knowing Melo, he wants the glory and it will make Lin just an average guy.

Hi Hater!

Typical heat fan garbage lol

Edited by flsh7718

How was that hating in any way? lol

We both know Melo and Amare together would essentially take away most of Lin's shots.

well the fact that you even comment when you haven't seen the guy play in general is laughable.

• Owner

Blake made two of his 11 or 12 attempts. Ron didn't do anything. Bynum was 1-8 against Chandler, who just pushed him out of position whenever he felt like it (didn't even have to double him). Fisher was insignificant. Barnes didn't play enough, should have played 48 minutes if you consider just how bad Ron, Blake and Fisher were (no point in moving Kobe up to the three and going small).

Kobe started out 1-11, came back and ended the game 10-18, but there was no way the Lakers were going to win this game because for one, we don't have a legitimate PG to help create for others. Two, our shooters are trash, doesn't matter if they are defended or wide-open (guys like Ron are worse wide-open). Three, our two big men have no idea how to play together, and usually, when one does well, the other is average or terrible.

Not to mention the Lakers are horrible on the road...have been losing road games all year long, and for no reason other than most of the players must be mentally weak and ready to be traded before March 15th.

Blake made two of his 11 or 12 attempts. Ron didn't do anything. Bynum was 1-8 against Chandler, who just pushed him out of position whenever he felt like it (didn't even have to double him). Fisher was insignificant. Barnes didn't play enough, should have played 48 minutes if you consider just how bad Ron, Blake and Fisher were (no point in moving Kobe up to the three and going small).

Kobe started out 1-11, came back and ended the game 10-18, but there was no way the Lakers were going to win this game because for one, we don't have a legitimate PG to help create for others. Two, our shooters are trash, doesn't matter if they are defended or wide-open (guys like Ron are worse wide-open). Three, our two big men have no idea how to play together, and usually, when one does well, the other is average or terrible.

Not to mention the Lakers are horrible on the road...have been losing road games all year long, and for no reason other than most of the players must be mentally weak and ready to be traded before March 15th.

You forgot two other things, to be fair. Knicks played well. And the Lakers were tired.

Are they not mediocre? They don't suck, but they aren't an amazing team either.

They are but if I were talking about John Wall doing I wouldn't say something like "He is lifting his city and his trash team" just no reason for the adjective there..

We may not be able to beat top teams in a 7 game series, may be a fringe playoff team, but this team is fun to watch...I just hope Melo and Amar'e don't end that fun...

I think Amar'e's style fits with Lin's, Melo on the other hand.. lots of ball stoppage isn't good for the flow we've seen.

You forgot two other things, to be fair. Knicks played well. And the Lakers were tired.

It's not much of an excuse. Lakers continue to be a team with a low amount of productive players.

JLin with 38 pts showed that he can shoot. And it had to be on us....