New York at Miami

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

If we lose this, I don't want to watch ESPN for a few days.

Hahaha.

Should be a good game. I usually play basketball on Thursday nights in a league, gonna skip it cuz I want to watch this so much Lol.

When LeBron James discovered Jeremy Lin:

James said he remembers first hearing about Lin on SportsCenter after a game against UConn when Lin was at Harvard. Bu the first time he saw him play was in the 2010 Vegas Summer League. James had tuned in to watch No. 1 overall pick John Wall play, but Lin, who was playing for the Mavericks’ summer league outfit against Wall at the time, got James’ attention.

“Yeah, I watch summer league games,” James said. “It was his first big game. It was a good game. I was like, he’s a good player, no one predicted what he’d do now.”

Full Story

• Owner

The Knicks don't stand a chance, at least in a playoff series, against the Heat.

1) They are the worst team in the NBA at turning the ball over. That means they are toast against a Heat team that is one of the best at capitalizing on those turnovers and turning them into unstoppable fast breaks.

2) NY is also one of the worst fouling teams in the NBA (because they have a tough time defending, aside from Chandler and Shump), ranked 29th. Again, perfect for Miami, who loves sending all of their players to the line.

3) Finally, the Knicks are one of the worst at defending the three-point line (28th). The Heat are shooting lights out from there, #1 in the NBA.

Miami would LOVE to play the Knicks in the playoffs.

-------------

Tonight could be a different story, since it's just one game (and a regular season game, at that), but I wouldn't be shocked to see a blowout.

The Knicks don't stand a chance, at least in a playoff series, against the Heat.

1) They are the worst team in the NBA at turning the ball over. That means they are toast against a Heat team that is one of the best at capitalizing on those turnovers and turning them into unstoppable fast breaks.

2) NY is also one of the worst fouling teams in the NBA (because they have a tough time defending, aside from Chandler and Shump), ranked 29th. Again, perfect for Miami, who loves sending all of their players to the line.

3) Finally, the Knicks are one of the worst at defending the three-point line (28th). The Heat are shooting lights out from there, #1 in the NBA.

-------------

Tonight could be a different story, since it's just one game (and a regular season game, at that), but I wouldn't be shocked to see a blowout.

Id put aside most of those stats considering this is a somewhat new Knicks team, they have not had their whole roster all season so those stats are a little bit skewed. Ill give the Knicks a chance against them for a few reasons.

1) Lebron is gonna have to work very hard on the defensive end. Melo is as good a scorer as anyone in the league, if I was Lebron id be begging to guard Lin too.

2) Chandler gives the Knicks an advantage inside, they have someone that can protect the basket and rebound. He was a big reason why Dallas won last year against Miami.

3) The Knicks have a more formidable lineup. Solid point guard, great wing scorer, great post player, and defensive center who is athletic and can finish alley oops. While Miami has two perimeter players who have identical play styles, and Bosh who doesnt play physical.

The real question is how much better then Chalmers and Cole is Lin. If Lin has a good game the Knicks probably win.

Can't wait. I'm leaving my house around 5:45 to get to the arena on time. I can't wait, the atmosphere is gonna be insane. There's for sure gonna be at least 3 fights in the crowd tonight.

Lol...that's cuz it's gonna be like 40% knick fans at least

I actually don't mind there be Knicks fans there, it gets the Heat fans pissed off and then they scream louder. If it works how I think it does, its mostly a Hispanic crowd who love to start shit with people.

See, I feel it's the opposite. I think that tonight could easily be a blowout, but come April, it will be a completely different story and the team will (hopefully) have built some chemistry and be clicking on all cylinders, including adjustments on all the points you made.

See, I feel it's the opposite. I think that tonight could easily be a blowout, but come April, it will be a completely different story and the team will (hopefully) have built some chemistry and be clicking on all cylinders, including adjustments on all the points you made.

yeah i feel similar...i don't think we'd take em in a series in april, but i think the games will all be close. I think tonight will be interesting though, but could be a blowout. The heat have that ability to just flat out blow a good team out

-------------

they're doing that now

Edited by Hayes1

I already dislike Chalmers attitude, I feel like he's cocky for no reason. JR will trash talk or get in his head when he enters...

LOL, he's been playing some great D on Lin so far. He can be as cocky as he wants if he keeps playing like this.