New Jersey at Dallas

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Nice win for NJ. Thought they played well. Lopez is a really damn good scorer.

The Nets are coming along. Man, if they were able to get Dwight, they have some better pieces than I originally thought. I like the way MarShon Brooks is coming along, as well as Morrow, Humphries, and now Gerald Green has so much upside also.

On a side note, I can't wait until Farmar comes back.... watching Gaines makes me want to pull my hair out

Gaines isn't bad in spurts...but Farmar is definitely the better player on a consistent basis. Every now and then I watch Gaines and I'm like wow, this guy is good as hell...then other times, like you said, it's a wreck lol

Williams was absolutely awful in this game. Terrible job of him not only scoring (why does he jack up so many terrible 3's?), but running the offense. He did an especially terrible job of getting Lopez the ball down the stretch. Him and Morrow or Brooks (can't remember which one it was) swing the ball around the horn way too often instead of re-posting Lopez after the double. With how great Lopez was playing every single possession should've been ran through him, but they did a really poor job of getting him the ball in a position where he could do anything.

They also really need Farmar back. Gaines is just brutal at anything to do with the offensive end of the court.

The Mavs really were something else this game, though. Aside from Haywood and Marion (defensively at least) every single player was just pathetic out there tonight. Easily one of the worst games I've seen them play this season. That was painful to watch.

Kudos to the Nets for holding onto that lead down the stretch. They made an awful lot of mistakes, but they buckled down defensively and didn't allow the Mavs to get any good looks on the final two possessions and that won them the game despite their poor offensive execution late.

Gaines isn't bad in spurts...but Farmar is definitely the better player on a consistent basis. Every now and then I watch Gaines and I'm like wow, this guy is good as hell...then other times, like you said, it's a wreck lol

Excellent defender, shitty point guard.

Excellent defender, shitty point guard.

Basically. Sometimes he can hit some jumpers and run the floor though. As far as actually distributing, definitely does not seem to be his game...