Miami at New York

Real Deal

• 3 months later...

lol, lebron can't guard melo 1n1.

Its a shame one on one means everything in the NBA right? http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Lucky to be ahead after that shit quarter we just put together. Its beyond me how we don't run the Wade/Bosh pick and roll more. It either gets us a look for Bosh from 15 feet out, a drive for Wade or spot up opportunities for the shooters.

Its a shame one on one means everything in the NBA right? http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Lucky to be ahead after that shit quarter we just put together. Its beyond me how we don't run the Wade/Bosh pick and roll more. It either gets us a look for Bosh from 15 feet out, a drive for Wade or spot up opportunities for the shooters.

I didn't say 1 on 1 means everything in the NBA, but isn't Lebron one of the candidates to win the DPOY?

Other than that i agree with you. Miami's offense looks really ugly from time to time.

I didn't say 1 on 1 means everything in the NBA, but isn't Lebron one of the candidates to win the DPOY?

Other than that i agree with you. Miami's offense looks really ugly from time to time.

He's not even guarding Melo full time but that's another thing. He's a candidate because he's guarded the 1-4 positions effectively all season. I don't think anyone besides maybe Iguodala can say the same.

He's not even guarding Melo full time but that's another thing. He's a candidate because he's guarded the 1-4 positions effectively all season. I don't think anyone besides maybe Iguodala can say the same.

Shawn Marion says hello

• Owner

He's another candidate. Sorry I didn't provide you with a full [expletive]in list of possible winners.

Well, you didn't think anyone but Iggy was on the list (with LJ), so he kind of gave you another guy.

Deng is on the list as well, by the way.

He's another candidate. Sorry I didn't provide you with a full [expletive]in list of possible winners.

"I don't think anyone besides maybe Iguodala can say the same."

Shouldn't have made a comment like this if you didn't want a reply. Don't get so angry brah

No matter the outcome, I blame Spo.

Oh man thanks for coming in and contributing to the game discussion.

Great road win. Still had some lack of focus moments there in the 2nd and third quarters but overall a real solid game. Bosh was a beast on the glass today.

And LeBron's defense on Melo down the stretch was great. He'd been killing us all game and I think he went something like 1 for 5 while LBJ was on him in the 4th.

Wade had a ton of dumb TO's but he turned it on big time late. Glad he didn't get rattled by the great defense Shumpert was playing.

Bench was ok, not bad but not great either. Jones and Miller were alright, Battier was good but just caught Melo one of the games.

Melo was amazing today right until about the 6 minute mark in the 4th but I'm glad he ended up going cold lol. He's been outstanding lately.

Oh man thanks for coming in and contributing to the game discussion.

Great road win. Still had some lack of focus moments there in the 2nd and third quarters but overall a real solid game. Bosh was a beast on the glass today.

And LeBron's defense on Melo down the stretch was great. He'd been killing us all game and I think he went something like 1 for 5 while LBJ was on him in the 4th.

Wade had a ton of dumb TO's but he turned it on big time late. Glad he didn't get rattled by the great defense Shumpert was playing.

Bench was ok, not bad but not great either. Jones and Miller were alright, Battier was good but just caught Melo one of the games.

Melo was amazing today right until about the 6 minute mark in the 4th but I'm glad he ended up going cold lol. He's been outstanding lately.

He went cold. Exactly. None of that had to do with LeBron's defense. Melo missed the same shots in the final quarter that he had been hitting all game. I think the big contributor to that was the fact he had to guard LeBron, which took a lot out of him. Hard to do it all, since Carmelo gets so little support from the rest of this team.

Baron Davis single-handily cost us a chance to steal a win in the final 10 minutes. He was [expletive]ing horrible. Turning it over, playing absolutely no defense, and his reluctance to shoot means the opponent doesn't even have to guard him.

Knicks stand no chance to even win a game in a playoff series versus Miami with this current lineup though. It will be a sweep. Why? Because the Heat have way too many scoring options, and the Knicks have way too few. Carmelo had, what, 42 today, and that's still not enough. I much rather have the Knicks play Chicago, have Shumpert play Rose, and even if they kill us on the boards, oh well, we'll do our best. Not like we outrebound Miami, either.

Edited by JYD

• Owner

It's not difficult to defend a guy who has to start chucking up threes to crawl back and cut into the deficit. Melo should have stuck to what he was doing all game long, driving right past LeBron and getting what he wanted anywhere on the floor.

I figured this would be a massive blowout, though, so the Knicks surprised the hell out of me (well, credit to Melo for going 40+ points). Can't expect too much from New York yet.

Oh man you are welcome. Was just making your post for you in case the Heat would have lost, so you really should be thanking me.

I've maintained since 09 that he sucks so idk why it shocks people. We win in spite of him most of the time if you ask me.

It's not difficult to defend a guy who has to start chucking up threes to crawl back and cut into the deficit. Melo should have stuck to what he was doing all game long, driving right past LeBron and getting what he wanted anywhere on the floor.

I figured this would be a massive blowout, though, so the Knicks surprised the hell out of me (well, credit to Melo for going 40+ points). Can't expect too much from New York yet.

Most of the 3 pt attempts came as the game started to get out of hand, though. And the 3 pt attempts were good shots. No one made that comment when Melo hit the two against Chicago last Sunday, lol.

Knicks aren't on the level of the Heat, so to beat them would be a bonus. I expect a good game vs. Boston Tuesday, should be fun. And I expect the Knicks to take care of business down the stretch and end up in either the 7th or 8th spot (most likely, and preferably, the 8th spot!)

• Owner

Most of the 3 pt attempts came as the game started to get out of hand, though. And the 3 pt attempts were good shots. No one made that comment when Melo hit the two against Chicago last Sunday, lol.

Knicks aren't on the level of the Heat, so to beat them would be a bonus. I expect a good game vs. Boston Tuesday, should be fun. And I expect the Knicks to take care of business down the stretch and end up in either the 7th or 8th spot (most likely, and preferably, the 8th spot!)

To be honest, I think the Knicks would rather play the Heat. Chicago would just stick Deng on Melo, and the Bulls' frontcourt would give Amare fits...and I doubt Jeremy Lin would be able to hold Rose to anything under 60 points a game (kidding, but still).

Seems like Melo would have a better series against LeBron, and Lin wouldn't be asked to defend an elite (and scoring) PG.

Also, Miami sucks rebounding the ball, and the Chandler/Amare duo would have a blast rebounding against the Heat, instead of trying to pull boards down from the second-best rebounding team in the league (CHI).

To be honest, I think the Knicks would rather play the Heat. Chicago would just stick Deng on Melo, and the Bulls' frontcourt would give Amare fits...and I doubt Jeremy Lin would be able to hold Rose to anything under 60 points a game (kidding, but still).

Seems like Melo would have a better series against LeBron, and Lin wouldn't be asked to defend an elite (and scoring) PG.

Also, Miami sucks rebounding the ball, and the Chandler/Amare duo would have a blast rebounding against the Heat, instead of trying to pull boards down from the second-best rebounding team in the league (CHI).

I disagree. Melo's already torched Chicago this year, and he played pretty well at Chicago, too. Deng didn't defend Melo too well then, and LeBron is a better defensive player than Deng, anyway. Plus, they also have Battier who's a damn good perimeter defender to spell LeBron and keep him fresh for the end of the game.

And the Heat have way too many scoring options. Shumpert guards Rose in a series, and I feel somewhat confident. If he guards Wade, Fields/Melo on LeBron, and Amar'e on Bosh? I like my chances with just the one major scoring threat.

Also, I don't think Lin will be back for the playoffs. I really don't think they'll bring him back if he doesn't play the remainder of the regular season (and from what I hear, he's done for the reg. season)...

We'd probably roll out Lin-Shump-Melo-Amar'e-Tyson for the most part, with Shump on Rose and Lin hidden off on Rip (which could end up just as bad, haha)

Yeah...Lin would never guard Rose in a playoff series. A mix of JR and Shump on Rose wouldn't be bad. Rose is obviously a terrific player so he's going to score still, but I don't think he'd absolutely kill us.

And Jeffries did not play well today. I think he's still feeling effects from that knee injury. He was brutal on the boards. :mellow: