Miami at New York

Real Deal

Melo is a beast, I think any concerns about him that I had have been put to rest.

Yup, he looks healthy and focused. Him + D'Antoni + Amar'e + Lin was always the problem, I still really wish to see how they all work with just D'Antoni taken out.

Melo is a beast, I think any concerns about him that I had have been put to rest. Now just need Amar'e back and we can stand a chance at least. Hopefully he back Wednesday.

Yup, he looks healthy and focused. Him + D'Antoni + Amar'e + Lin was always the problem, I still really wish to see how they all work with just D'Antoni taken out.

Yeah. But what about him playing the 4 instead of the 5? JVG on the broadcast has been talking about that, it's a good point. I think it's helped him a bit. He sometimes gets lost in transition and has easier matchups on defense sometimes, too.

Also, more room to operate without Stoudemire.

Yeah. But what about him playing the 4 instead of the 5? JVG on the broadcast has been talking about that, it's a good point. I think it's helped him a bit. He sometimes gets lost in transition and has easier matchups on defense sometimes, too.

Also, more room to operate without Stoudemire.

His job to make it work. Amar'e is a max player, they'll have to co-exist.

You can also play Amar'e off the bench and have him come in at C when Melo is in and PF when Melo is out, I know you're gonna need Chandler Melo and Amar'e in the game in the end, but if PF is that important to Melo there are ways to work with it...

• Owner

LeBron is a better help defender, but Deng is a better on-ball perimeter defensive player, and that will be more important when defending Melo. As you saw today, Melo was blowing past James whenever he wanted, and nobody was back for the Heat to contest anything at the rim.

I would put money on the Knicks losing to Chicago in five, but they could take the Heat to at least six games (can't say they would beat either team, though).

I would put money on the Knicks losing to Chicago in five, but they could take the Heat to at least six games (can't say they would beat either team, though).

I don't see them beating either in a series, but I think they can take Chicago to six if they played great, and I think they will get swept by Miami. No bias, just my honest opinion.

The Deng-LeBron argument has other factors though. Deng may be the better on-ball perimeter defender, but LeBron has Battier to come in and give Melo some tough D while LeBron rests by playing someone else, or rests on the bench. Also, Melo having to guard Deng or whoever at the other end of the floor is a lot easier than having the responsibility to play LeBron...Playing 48 minutes of playoff defense on LeBron and trying to score on LeBron at the end of games is far more difficult IMO than having Deng defend you the majority of the game and having to defend Deng the majority of the game.

As for Amar'e coming back, Fish I like your idea of Amar'e off the bench, the bench could use some more scoring besides Novak's streaky (as of late) shooting, and JR Smith (extremely streaky shooting). But, at the end of the game, you're going to have Melo, Amar'e, and Chandler on the floor then. If they aren't used to having any cohesion on the court during the first 40 minutes, I don't see why in the last, say, 8 minutes of the game, they will be able to effectively score.

I think the Knicks can beat Chicago, possibly in 6. I love what Tyson Chandler brings to the Knicks defensively with his ability to change shots and against a less than 100% Derrick Rose that's gonna be huge. Being able to guard Rose with Shumpert is going to be big too.

I think the Knicks have more options to outscore the Bulls than Chicago does NY. I think Amare can have a solid series against Boozer, Melo will outplay Deng obviously. They aren't gonna have to worry about Lin guarding anyone because he won't be playing. The Knicks also have role players who can score in bunches. JR can go off for 30 in a playoff game. Novak hits the big momentum shots and I think he'll at least play Korver to a draw in that series.

I just don't think Chicago can beat this version of the Knicks without a healthy Rose.

Edited by Flash

I think the Knicks can beat Chicago, possibly in 6. I love what Tyson Chandler brings to the Knicks defensively with his ability to change shots and against a less than 100% Derrick Rose that's gonna be huge. Being able to guard Rose with Shumpert is going to be big too.

I think the Knicks have more options to outscore the Bulls than Chicago does NY. I think Amare can have a solid series against Boozer, Melo will outplay Deng obviously. They aren't gonna have to worry about Lin guarding anyone because he won't be playing. The Knicks also have role players who can score in bunches. JR can go off for 30 in a playoff game. Novak hits the big momentum shots and I think he'll at least play Korver to a draw in that series.

I just don't think Chicago can beat this version of the Knicks without a healthy Rose.

Well said for the most part, but I think you're forgetting that Amar'e could be very rusty going into the series, and also the fact that Chicago has the home court.

Knicks have been very good at home this entire season (especially under Woodson and a more gritty, defensive approach). But on the road this season, it's mostly been a disaster. I think the Knicks could steal one in Chi-Town, but Bulls are likely to get one back at the Garden, which gives the advantage back to the Bulls and I don't see the Knicks winning multiple road games in a series.

Edited by JYD

If the Knicks win game 1. Then the pressure falls squarely on Chicago, more so than if NY won game 2 because right off the bat in the series you see that the Knicks can beat the Bulls. I don't see them losing in the Garden to Chicago. Derrick Rose is really hurt, the Bulls might not be making it seem that way but I don't think he's even at 75% right now and these multiple injuries aren't going to magically heal in a couple weeks.

If the Knicks win game 1. Then the pressure falls squarely on Chicago, more so than if NY won game 2 because right off the bat in the series you see that the Knicks can beat the Bulls. I don't see them losing in the Garden to Chicago. Derrick Rose is really hurt, the Bulls might not be making it seem that way but I don't think he's even at 75% right now and these multiple injuries aren't going to magically heal in a couple weeks.

Bulls are still a really good team without Rose. Obviously, Rose, one of the best plyers in the league, makes them way better, but don't sleep on them without him. It's so hard to predict because if he's at 100% by then we'll see what happens. If he's playing, but playing hurt, like you think he is, than I agree with you, it could be one helluva series and the Knicks really stand a good chance.