The Heat with, and without, Dwyane Wade

Real Deal

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Wade's role should be lessened during the season only to preserve him from injury but in no way can they win the ring without him in the play-offs.

Absolutely not. We got to the Finals last year in the first year of the experiment. We're a better team with him on the floor but LeBron needs to take over the main duties and let Wade play off the ball more similar to how he did on the 08 Olympic team.

I think its just a coincidence that we win with Wade not playing. He hit 2 game winners this year already, so that should be taken into account.

Lebron gets the same stats with Wade playing and with him not playing, he just seems more heroic lately because he had a huge 3rd quarter against the Spurs and yesterday he was on fire...I still trust Wade more in late game situations.

I don't think really any team is better without a Wade, but honestly LeBron is so good that him being there almost doesn't matter, it just means LeBron has to play to the best of his ability, rather than coast.

I think the team might have more clear roles with wade not there.. Bosh knows his role as a 2nd option, where he should be, everyone knows LeBron is THE man, every night, not just some nights.

But you don't trade a Dwyane Wade, after all he has done... this isn't a sim league... it is like LA dealing Kobe (to an obvious lesser extent).. Wade should retire there unless he leaves via FA/requests a deal. I don't think they are better without Wade, but I honestly am not sure if they are worse either, LeBron is just that good, and Bosh is good enough that he can fill that void as the 2nd option. The Heat are a more traditional team with Wade gone, with a 1st option in LeBron, 2nd in Bosh and then solid role players... with Wade you have this 1A, 1B then a 3rd option type of situation.

Lebron is basically in the same situation as he was in Cleveland. The Heat will win a ton of games in the regular season, and he'll fill up the stat sheet. Wade's importance comes in the postseason, where Lebron tends to take a leave of absence. To win a championship the Heat need a healthy big three, it's as simple as that.

Lebron is basically in the same situation as he was in Cleveland. The Heat will win a ton of games in the regular season, and he'll fill up the stat sheet. Wade's importance comes in the postseason, where Lebron tends to take a leave of absence. To win a championship the Heat need a healthy big three, it's as simple as that.

Yes, he takes a leave of absense by averaging 28 ppg, 8.4 rpg, and 7 APG.

Smh..

The Heat look like a much more fluid basketball team without Dwyane Wade. This is because in reality Wade is just a shittier version of LeBron James. If the Heat could trade Wade for Dwight Howard or for a package of players such as something like Marc Gasol, Tony Allen, OJ Mayo for Wade, then both of these deals would improve the Heat. He is not getting any younger and I don' t think they necessarily need him on the Heat. If the oppurtunity for an All NBA low post scorer in his 20's is on the table the Heat should take it.

However I doubt any of these teams would trade a dominant bigman for a 30 year old Wade. The Heat can improve with Wade and it mostly has to do with LeBrons mindset. Wade needs to realize he is the sidekick, and focus on defense/secondary scoring/playmaking while allowing LeBron to play his game without getting anyone butthurt. This heat team looks fantastic without Wade in the lineup, but there is no reason adding a top 5 NBA player will make them worse. His athletisicm/playmaking/defense will fit in with the rest of the team when he gets healthy and Spoelstra needs to make this a priority.

:lol: Except Bosh is better alone than every single player in any season LeBron was with Cleveland. LeBron would have no problem making it to the finals if Wade was on this team, and probably winning multiple titles. No doubt about it. This team (even without Wade), isn't remotely comparable to the trash he played with in Cleveland. Yeah LeBron was bad in the finals last year, but every playoffs prior he has been an absolute beast. When LeBron struggled (if you can even call it that) in Cleveland, no one was there to pick him up, whereas Kobe can win a title shooting 6-22.

*Waits for all the stats about how good the role players in Cleveland were*

Edited by Check my Stats

The Heat aren't better without Wade. Besides the first 2 games Wade has played hurt the entire season. When his feet/ankles are injured, it great affects his ability to get to the rim and finish strong, and thus his efficiency plummets. His efficiency is what usually negates the lack of spacing with he and LeBron out there, but if he isn't scoring at an efficient clip, it makes the spacing issue a lot more glaring and affects the entire team's offense. Therefor, with the version of Wade we've seen the majority of the season, he is a detriment offensively, and with Battier on the floor there isn't any noticable drop in defense either.

However, when he's healthy the Heat have IMO the 2 best players in the NBA. Their talents overlap, but they are so well-rounded that it doesn't matter too much. They are extremely efficient, very good passers, very good rebounders, and when they are locked in they are devestating on the defensive end. Also, with those two on the floor together, they have a transition game that beats teams into submission,

Unless the Magic would want to do a straight Wade for Howard swap, I wouldn't think of trading Wade. And even if that deal is out there, I highly doubt the Heat would take it...Wade's the reason they have their only championship, and is the only reason LeBron and Bosh are there.

This team looks retarded without Wade but I really think they just play lazy against bad teams. Its what I've come to realize with this team. They play down to the level of teams because well, unless its Boston, Dallas, Chicago, LA, OKC or NY they just don't give a shit.

This team looks retarded without Wade but I really think they just play lazy against bad teams. Its what I've come to realize with this team. They play down to the level of teams because well, unless its Boston, Dallas, Chicago, LA, OKC or NY they just don't give a shit.

I see that too, and it costs them against Milwaukee and almost against Detroit, which they can't afford since Chicago is still a few games ahead in the standings. With Wade, they still play lazy against bad teams, but when you add such a significant talent upgrade, they still end up overwhelming those teams regardless. Without Wade, it puts a lot of pressure on LeBronto randomly turn it on in the 3rd or 4th to put the game away, and if he's simply having an off-night, it usually results in a loss.

I notice that too...they play well enough to just about get by against bad teams, and its really annoying to watch. I don't know what exactly they do differently, but they just turn the ball over every other possession and they play horrible. Safe to say, if not for Bosh being an absolute monster the last few games, we would be losing every game without Wade. Lebron is playing well, but he is clearly holding back.

Edited by SRV