Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Tony romo

• 2 weeks later...

Reports coming out saying that Vladimir Guerrero has called it quits.

Wut? Where did you hear this? He asked for his release because they weren't going to call him up to the majors, but I've heard he has no plans to retire.

Wut? Where did you hear this? He asked for his release because they weren't going to call him up to the majors, but I've heard he has no plans to retire.

This is correct.

In other news, it sounds like Brandon Morrow will be going on the DL after leaving last night's game after just 9 pitches with an oblique problem. Not goot news at all as he really has been the only pitcher that I am confident in every time he takes the mound. Other than that Texas game where he last just two thirds of an inning, he has been phenomenal this year.

Don't remember how I came across Vlad's name but I did and I searched his name and ran across a tweet from Mile Wilner, who is apparently a Blue Jays Broadcaster, saying this:

It appears as though the rumours are true. Apparently Vladimir Guerrero has decided to give up the comeback. ‪#Bluejays‬#Jays

He tweeted that 9:12 AM, and there were numerous other tweets saying he was retiring.

Don't remember how I came across Vlad's name but I did and I searched his name and ran across a tweet from Mile Wilner, who is apparently a Blue Jays Broadcaster, saying this:

It appears as though the rumours are true. Apparently Vladimir Guerrero has decided to give up the comeback. ‪#Bluejays‬#Jays

He tweeted that 9:12 AM, and there were numerous other tweets saying he was retiring.

Seems like completely irresponsible journalism from Wilner, which is sad. That's the Twitter era for you, everyone trying to break the story first without gathering the information <_<

Wilner is a tool. Don't listen to anything he says.

What happened was there was basically an agreement in Vlad's contract of a "deadline" (for lack of a better word) of him being called up to the majors by June 10th. That date was pushed back to June 11th because he missed a game. The Jays didn't call him to the big club by that date and he told them he wasn't going to go back to Vegas (Jays AAA team) so either they had to call him up or release him. Obviously, the Jays decided to release him.

Drabek is going to go see Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion on his arm. It sounds like an MRI revealed a tear and he is going to see Dr. Andrews to confirm that. If it is indeed torn, it means Drabek will need to undergo Tommy John surgery, which would be the second time in his career.

Lmao.

Hutchison leaves the game after 9 pitches with what looks to be an elbow problem.

Morrow, Drabek and Hutchison all leave due to injury within the last 4 games. Morrow and Hutch both didn't make it out of the 1st inning.

Like I said, I'm doen with this season. It [expletive]ing sucks to be a Toronto sports fan.

Hutch's MRI revealed no tear so he isn't going to need surgery.

He was placed on the DL and will not be throwing for 2 weeks, though.

Scratch that, he may need Tommy John after all after getting a second opinion.

He doesn't have a tear, but the severity of the sprain means that surgery may still be necessary. If he decides not to have surgery he runs the risk of worsening the injury during rehab and if that happens he would have no choice but to have TJS. The talk is it may be better for him to just have it now than roll the dice with it.

Awesome.

PS: Drabek underwent his TJS earlier today and there were no complications.

Jays signed Encarnacion to a 3 year, $27M extension.

The deal also has a $10M option for a 4th year.

Assuming he continues his production from the 2nd half of last year and the 1st half of this year, this contract is a steal. Even if he regresses a bit, I still like it.