Happy 7th Year Anniversary, OTR!

• Owner

Seven years is a very, very long time. :o

I first installed the board back in 2005, when I was 21 years old. Incredible.

A lot of the veterans were pretty young...some were 13-14 years old, to be exact, haha.

Should I go for 20 more years, or...?

I'm really glad I have a strong core for our community...even if we're much less active than we were back in the day. I'd rather talk basketball with you guys, than dive into a board of thousands of active members, barely getting a word in and having almost everything I type ignored.

I may have created the site, but you guys decided to build it along the way. Thanks everyone.

http://lakernation.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/81.gif

EDIT: Just added...

Since it's our anniversary...go edit your team reps to get the new icons.

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members

:)

(would have been nice to be able to keep the data, no idea why it always does that to us, haha)

I'll edit some of your profiles myself, but won't be able to get to all of you.

• Owner

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members

(would have been nice to be able to keep the data, no idea why it always does that to us, haha)

• Like 1

Well I have been here since the start. I must say that we might have lost a few here and there, but damn if we haven't grown up together. I was 13 when this site was started, now a junior in college and still check the site daily. I may not post as much as I would like too, but I read just about everything.

Brandon, thanks for all that you do. I know a lot of guys used to try and take advantage of you, say you were terrible, etc... but at the end of the day I can't think of one message board that has been solely ran by one person, never sold out, and has kept as many members around as you have.

I say we get a reunion (in person) this summer. I would be down to hosting it here in GA...

Happy anniversary!

Major props to you, Brandon. I respect the hell out of how you built this site and how dedicated you are. I've been a member on so many forums who showed a ton of promise, but at the slightest hint of trouble the owners bailed (or sold the site, like when the original BBW was sold to Sportstwo for quite a chunk of change...that sucked). You've stayed one of, if not THE most dedicated basketball site owner I've ever seen. Crazy respect.

I came to this site in the middle of high school, somewhere in 2007. I always enjoyed coming here, and ended up being on the writing team for a minute, but I was a member of too many sites and had school and whatnot. Came back maybe 2 years ago and haven't left. It's a very tight, mature community, and the basketball discussion is always top-notch. Nice to see us still going strong.

Pretty awesome milestone.

I only ever really became active after the hack so I don't have nearly as much of a history as many of the other posters do here, so it is probably a bigger deal to the guys who have been here since the beginning than me, but it is still cool regardless.

There really aren't that many smaller forums like this one who end up lasting 3 years, let alone 5 and definitely not 7. Just within the last few years how many smaller forums like this have popped up and are either on life support or gone? I can think of around 6 or 7.

I'm liking the new team reps!

Only 3 away from a decade! Crazy how much time has past. I got on this site because of the whole S2 and JBB bullshit and I couldn't have imagined myself having nearly 10 thousand posts right now. Was a youngin and now I'm in college. :huh:

Time really does fly. Thanks Brandon for all you've done. Activity isn't the best right now, but I feel OTR is gonna get back to it's glory days soon. We might all be getting older and have more stuff in our lives now which takes away from posting, but I will know one thing that we have that no one else can match : quality.

On S2, RealGm, and all those other sites, they might get a ton of posts. But I would much rather go to a forum with 50 quality members that can actually be put up with to talk about sports and an owner that's real, not a sellout and a hard-worker rather with than a site with hundreds of idiots.

Edited by Legacy

Dope! Sick present for a 7th anniversary! New team reps looks great:

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_images/clean/team_reps/lac.png

Edited by Šhãłïq

• Owner

I love you guys! :wub:

;)

I know we've been inactive, and everyone will start pointing fingers at themselves (for being at work, or school, etc)...but all of that stuff is actually more important than a message board, and I've never been angry at anyone for posting less. I completely understand. I went through a ton with my eye issues, and when I was gone for a few months, everyone stepped their game up and kept the site going.

The activity is down for many reasons that we've talked about before, but it's honestly my job to take initiative and turn up the heat a bit, so that's what you'll see from me. I'll try and participate more, get the ball rolling on a few contests and such (like the Sig of the Month), things like that...even the little things count.