Eric Gordon vs James Harden

kaustubh

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A) Tough question. Gordon has been the lead scorer before, but Harden hasn't. Harden is already the 3rd wheel on the Thunder so we haven't really seen how he'd do as a primary scorer. He has great potential, though. Greater than Gordon mostly because Eric is an undersized SG. I'd go with Harden. Harden will probably be the better scorer when his prime is reached because of his frame and skill to go with it.

B) Gordon. There's been just too many times where i've seen Gordon perform well defensively and offensively especially in the closing minutes. The biggest problem is at times he'll lose ball control or overdribble. As a 3rd/4th option, he can really focus on defense and still come up offensively when needed. So he can be pretty versatile.

a) I've got to go with Eric Gordon on this one. Like what Lemon said, Gordon has been the lead scorer before and was able to do it. Harden has never been more then a third wheel and I just don't see him being able to be a #1 scoring option. To be honest I wouldn't really want to build a team around either of them.

b) I'm going with Gordon on this one again. If you've got Gordon as your third scoring option, you're going to be able to rack up points.

Personally, I'd take Harden in both. His fundamentals are great, better size, and he reminds me of Ginobli in the way he plays.

I agree with kaustubh because you can not teach size and Gordon at such a small allotted time in the NBA is already showing signs of deteriorating play while Harden is indefinably on the up and up.

Thats true, I never thought of that. I'm still going to stick with my decision of Gordon though.

Their both good options, so no worries on your personal preference as this is all imaginary. One thing that has not been mentioned in this thread is who are the players supporting these players; that is a big factor as it seems your imagined team is far different than kaustubh's.

Edited by Art Hues

Their both good options, so no worries on your personal preference as this is all imaginary. One thing that has not been mentioned in this thread is who are the players supporting these players; that is a big factor as it seems your imagined team is far different than kaustubh's.

Here's the team I'm thinking.

PG - Lowry, Rubio

PG/SG - Beaubois

SG - Harden, Matthews

SG/SF - Brewer

SF - LeBron, Batum

SF/PF - Moute

PF - Love, Ibaka

PF/C - Jason Thompson

C - Howard, Greg Monroe.

Here's the team I'm thinking.

PG - Lowry, Rubio

PG/SG - Beaubois

SG - Harden, Matthews

SG/SF - Brewer

SF - LeBron, Batum

SF/PF - Moute

PF - Love, Ibaka

PF/C - Jason Thompson

C - Howard, Greg Monroe.

Someone needs to get a mock going I'm itching to put together a team...

Really depends, Gordon with injury issues or Gordon without, Gordon without is a top 5 and possibly the third best SG in the lg behind Wade and Kobe, so really Harden doesn't even compare. However another great SG got taken down by knee injuries and James Harden is a stud. He's proven on the Thunder that he is a top 3 option right now and really is my front runner for 6th man of the year. So If I'm given the choice between 80 games from Harden and 50-60 from Gordon, give me Harden all day.

Really depends, Gordon with injury issues or Gordon without, Gordon without is a top 5 and possibly the third best SG in the lg behind Wade and Kobe, so really Harden doesn't even compare. However another great SG got taken down by knee injuries and James Harden is a stud. He's proven on the Thunder that he is a top 3 option right now and really is my front runner for 6th man of the year. So If I'm given the choice between 80 games from Harden and 50-60 from Gordon, give me Harden all day.

Though to counter Gordon's Injury problems you could duo him with a proven veteran superstar, i.e. Kobe, or group of superstars like the Celtics and Gordon becomes your golden boy.

+ x + x + x + x + x

A.R.T.URO'S . FANTASY TEAM . http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dribble.gif

PG - Brandon Jennings . Nate Robisnon

PG/SG - Andrew Goudelock

SG - James Harden . Delonte West

SG/SF - Gerald Wallace

SF - Stephen Jackson . Ron A.R.T.est

SF/PF - Al Farouq Aminu

PF - Yi Jianlian

PF/C - Anderson Verajoe

C - Andrea Bargnani, Ben Wallace

Edited by Art Hues

PG - Jason Kidd, Nate Robisnon

PG/SG - Joe Johnson

SG - Harden, J.R. Smith

SG/SF - Gerald Wallace

SF - LeBron James, Ron A.R.T.est

SF/PF - Stephen Jackson

PF - S.T.A.T, Griffin

PF/C - Andre Bargnani

C - Bynum, Anderson Verajoe

Sorry, but your team is 100% impractical. Total salary would exceed 100 even. Let's keep a cap which is practical. 80 million, 85 at the most. My team is just 77 million.

Sorry, but your team is 100% impractical. Total salary would exceed 100 even. Let's keep a cap which is practical. 80 million, 85 at the most. My team is just 77 million.

OK bet; give me like three days i'll edit this the post above with update.

Edited by Art Hues

I made mine in a day :glasses: Speed up :P

Fine then. 80 mill it is. And let's be a bit practical i.e. No D-Rose and CP3 in same team, even if financially do-able.

I don't prefer D.Rose or C.P.3 to be honest with you; they are both too emotionally irrational at times. I like to take my time and meticulously ship away, o I mean chip away critics with set shot's; J.Kidd does stuff like that I'm pretty sure you have heard of him. ;)

So like I said in the post above give me three days to come up with a team and we will continue tthis interesting exchange of ideals.

Edited by Art Hues