E-cigarettes

YarnIdge

Anybody here use e-cigarette? Just started using one a month ago. Helps cut down on smoking quite a bit. The fact that there's no tobacco is sweet, and getting to choose all sorts of vapor flavours is great. Like portable shisha/hookah without the tobacco :)

I'm using a starter right now similar to this one, but looking to upgrade. Anyone got suggestions?

http://www.litecigusa.net/electronic_cigarette_starter_kit_p/egoblkkit.htm

When i went to a Heat game last month, some girl was sitting next to me smoking an E-cigarette. I spent the whole game wondering wtf she was doing because there was always smoke flying by my face but it didn't smell lol.

We don't get Newports over here, but I can say the same thing about menthols. Tried it once and didn't really like it hehe. Are Newports the same as other menthol cigarettes?

I feel like Newports have a smoother pull than other menthol brands. But if you don't like menthol you won't like Newports lol

I feel like Newports have a smoother pull than other menthol brands. But if you don't like menthol you won't like Newports lol

I wouldn't say they are smoother. In fact, I'd say they are more harsh, it's just they are less minty than brands like Marlboro or Camel. There is NO cigarette quite like a Newport. Oh, and as far as thinking dudes who smoke Reds must be hillbillies...that's my usual cig of choice lol.

As far as E-cigs, I tried them once. It was a pretty expensive one that came with liquid cartridges and they tasted just like hoo-ka (sp?). In other words, they tasted very good and hit a little harsh, but there's no tobacco. And it's just vapor, so you can smoke it in the middle of work or class and people a few seats down wouldn't even smell it.

However, there is something about regular cigs that I just love. When I smoke E-cigs or hoo-ka, it feels more like a novelty than something I'd smoke throughout the day to get my true fix.

I wouldn't say they are smoother. In fact, I'd say they are more harsh, it's just they are less minty than brands like Marlboro or Camel. There is NO cigarette quite like a Newport. Oh, and as far as thinking dudes who smoke Reds must be hillbillies...that's my usual cig of choice lol.

As far as E-cigs, I tried them once. It was a pretty expensive one that came with liquid cartridges and they tasted just like hoo-ka (sp?). In other words, they tasted very good and hit a little harsh, but there's no tobacco. And it's just vapor, so you can smoke it in the middle of work or class and people a few seats down wouldn't even smell it.

However, there is something about regular cigs that I just love. When I smoke E-cigs or hoo-ka, it feels more like a novelty than something I'd smoke throughout the day to get my true fix.

Haha reds are my usual too, we don't have hillbillies so there's no stereotype. At first the e-cig felt like a bit of a novelty too. The convenience of it took me in though. Like you said you can smoke indoors, comes in flavours, and the main for me was not getting the tobacco smell lingering on me. Also cool that you can get vapours with different levels of nicotine, so it can be just like having a cig. But you're right it's still not the same as a cig.

Btw for me it's cheaper to buy the supplies for it than paying for a pack, got such crazy tax on cigarettes it's insane.

I have an E-Cigarette, I use mine whenever it's possible, but I only like to use it when I'm sober. I don't have a problem with smoking cigs when I'm sober, but when I'm high, I'll usually have like 2 or 3 Newports so that I can go to another level of high. When I'm drunk I have more than that lol

Edited by Mentch

Posted 20 hrs ago -- "Are smokeless cigarettes safer? E-cig explodes in smoker's mouth":

Electronic cigarettes and cigars are billed as a safer way to get a nicotine high, but a Florida man learned just how dangerous they can be this week. One of the devices exploded in his mouth, ripping out part of his tongue and several teeth while badly burning his face.

"He is very, very lucky," Fire Chief Joseph Miller of the North Bay Fire Control District told The Times. The man, identified as Tom Holloway, 57, was taken to a local hospital for treatment Wednesday, then transported to an Alabama hospital that specializes in burns. He has since been released. "It could have been a lot worse," Miller added.

Emergency responders said the device that Holloway was holding in his mouth acted like "a bottle rocket." Holloway was in his home office at the time, and some carpet and chair cushions also burned.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/electronic-cigarette-explodes-mans-mouth.html