Josh Hamilton "I Don't Owe The Rangers Anything"

EastCoastNiner

This guy is going down the drain. He won't be returning to Texas.

"The Rangers have done a lot for me, but I've got a question for ya'll: Have I done a lot for the Rangers?" Hamilton said. "I think I've given them everything I've had, and I don't think anybody can say I haven't. When it comes down to it, what people don't understand, is this is a business.

"I love Texas, I love my fans, I love the fans of the Rangers, I love the organization, I love my teammates, I love everything about it. But I'm not going to sit here and say I owe the Rangers, because I don't feel like I owe the Rangers."

http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/34975703

He obviously doesn't understand his duties as a professional athlete. He's been great on the field, but off the field he's a terrible role model. Yet he thinks he's done his job perfectly....

The Rangers have given him chance after chance, and they deserve praise from Hamilton. Instead, they get the exact opposite.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

He obviously doesn't understand his duties as a professional athlete. He's been great on the field, but off the field he's a terrible role model. Yet he thinks he's done his job perfectly....

The Rangers have given him chance after chance, and they deserve praise from Hamilton. Instead, they get the exact opposite.

You could also say he's been an inspiration off the field for people who are drug addicts. But OK.

Is he a FA? I mean if he feels like he has a better opportunity somewhere else then he has the right to explore his options. It'll be tough to leave an organization who stood by him through such tough times though.

Not smart to say, but he's right. The Reds gave him his chance to get back into the game, not the Rangers.

Not only that, I think he appreciates the opportunities given to him, but you must remember that he did turn things around with his own will. He had a terrible addiction and he was the one who to go and live through that, not the Rangers organization. Much more credit needs to be given to Hamilton for turning it around and producing the kind of numbers he has the past few seasons. The Rangers and Reds deserve credit for believing in him, when seemingly not many did, but he was the one who went out and did it, and he doesn't "OWE" them anything.

Someone who was addicted to drugs, cleaned himself up, and became one of the best baseball players in the game today.

What a shitty role model, I'd never want my future children to aspire to be like him.

Someone who was addicted to drugs, cleaned himself up, and became one of the best baseball players in the game today.

What a shitty role model, I'd never want my future children to aspire to be like him.

Clearly a certain NBA player influenced that post.

Well, let's be fair here, Tru Trojan's post made sense. Hamilton made some major mistakes but turned his entire life around.

Oh no I was referring to Cleveland's Finest lol.

Bro we gotta get on the same page this is the second time you misread my post today!

Clearly a certain NBA player influenced that post.

And the trolling continues.

And he's redeemed himself, but how long ago was it that he got back to drinking? Only a few weeks ago. Point is, after something like that, it's too soon to say something like that.

He's a recovering alcoholic dude. That's something that'll follow him for life and he had a relapse one night. He should be commended for how he's hard he's fought all the adversity that the disease brings his way and the success he's had doing so.

Its like if Wade left Miami to be honest. If he saw a better opportunity out there in his mind then yeah it'll suck but it is what it is. Its his life he's gotta do what he sees best for him.

And its not trolling if its true lol.

Edited by Flash

He's a recovering alcoholic dude. That's something that'll follow him for life and he had a relapse one night. He should be commended for how he's hard he's fought all the adversity that the disease brings his way and the success he's had doing so.

Its like if Wade left Miami to be honest. If he saw a better opportunity out there in his mind then yeah it'll suck but it is what it is. Its his life he's gotta do what he sees best for him.

And its not trolling if its true lol.

The point is, it's not something you say a few weeks after you have a relapse that goes national, and your team stands beside you.

And it is trolling if you include things that have nothing to do with the topic.

I'd never see Josh Hamliton as a role model myself, but I respect his talent and his ability to finally sober up. I just can't look past the years of alcohol and drug abuse, I'm in the minority I know.

Still this said Hamilton does the Rangers 14,000,000 worth of production this year.

Maybe a little more cause MVP's shouldn't bat .100 in the World Series.

Edited by fish7718