General Baseball Thread

Phightins

the big questions for the Jays coming into the season for me are can the new additions to the bullpen for the Jays be enough to win us some more games, and can Jose Bautista hit homers like he was doing before the allstar break last year again. One thing that I think some people have forgotten, is he went pretty much ice-cold after that point.

Playoffs officially expanded. Boo.

For this season only, the lower seeded team will begin at home in the division series. Instead of the normal 2-2-1 format, it will be 2-3. This really sucks, a lot. Thank goodness it is for 2012 only.

Playoffs officially expanded. Boo.

For this season only, the lower seeded team will begin at home in the division series. Instead of the normal 2-2-1 format, it will be 2-3. This really sucks, a lot. Thank goodness it is for 2012 only.

Maybe it sucks for a phillies fan who don't need the extra two spots to make it, but for a fan of a team like the jays, i'm pretty excited.

Maybe it sucks for a phillies fan who don't need the extra two spots to make it, but for a fan of a team like the jays, i'm pretty excited.

He's one of those baseball purist against all change in terms of what he said sucks he was referring to the 2-3 playoff format which is pretty stupid lol favors lower seeds somewhat.

Oh I totally get it from that standpoint. This was designed with teams like the Jays in mind. (And by the way, if this system was in place through the 2000s, the Phillies would have made the playoffs like three additional times).

However, I just hate the idea of a one game playoff series. I mean, I love it from an entertainment standpoint, but I don't think it's particularly fair to the higher seeded wild card team. But it's whatever, obviously this was created to try to duplicate the craziness from the final day of last season. All about TV.

He's one of those baseball purist against all change in terms of what he said sucks he was referring to the 2-3 playoff format which is pretty stupid lol favors lower seeds somewhat.

Not true at all. Definitely a purist in many instances, but I am 100% in favor of expanded replay, and other things. One thing I am a purist about is the split AL/NL schedule for most of the year, which will end next season. That is what I am not happy about.

Also I am not sure how many SABR nerds such as myself would be described as "against all change" haha.

Edited by Phightins
  • Like 1

I kind of like the 1 game playoff idea. The teams throw their best pitchers to win, and if they advance then they cant use their ace while the other team can, and the team that clinches can set up their rotation however they want.

Andrew McCutchen signs extension with Pirates, $51.5M for 6

This is amazing for the Pirates. This is probably the coolest thing that has happened for them in the past 20 years.

423093_10150573409521536_39606211535_9371238_592352196_n.jpg

Our new ballpark is absolutely amazing, but that homerun sculpture is SO DAMN UGLY.....and they made it the center of attention which is the worst part.

Also, the highschool I went to played the first ever game there and got the first win lol

Do you guys like the wall color? It looks like a green screen but I guess it flows with the rest of the park

http://www.stadiumpage.com/marlins20120302/Marlins_20120302_4.jpg

http://www.stadiumpage.com/marlins20120302/Marlins_20120302_54.jpg

Edited by SRV

lol officially the ugliest stadium in MLB, what were they thinking?

Too bad everyone thinks it an amazing stadium. If that stupid ass HR sculpture wasnt there it would look much better. Its also in a really crappy part of Miami, but lets ignore that.