General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Of course ESPN picks a class of clowns each trying to jinx this in their own way, no matter how the game ends, Loshe has been masterful at keeping the ball down in the zone tonight, combine that with the Marlins impatience and honestly wouldn't surprise me...

There is so much bad managing going on these days. Maybe it's a product of all the great pitching, and more close games. Who knows.

Can Joe Maddon be cloned? It would be nice.

I've always been a baseball fan since I was little, but I really grew out of it in High School. I was a good player in little league and for two years on the bigger field in Middle School but had no interest in playing in High School. I've always watched the Yankees on and off throughout the years, but the season is so damn long it's hard for me to maintain interest. Well, I'm back on a baseball binge again...lol.

Yankees need a win tonight! Let's go!

Edited by JYD

Boy Ozzie Guillen is in some serious shit down here with those Castro comments. I'm the first guy who hates communism and think Guillen was wrong but I'm not offended in the least nor am I annoyed by it.

Everyone knows he's an idiot but he's a hell of a manager and the Marlins/Miami community knew what they were getting when they hired him. Politics and sports are 2 things I've learned not to mix with one another and I hope more members of my community do the same.

Top 1st: San Diego

- C. Maybin singled to shallow center

- W. Venable struck out swinging

- C. Headley struck out swinging

- C. Maybin stole second

- Y. Alonso struck out swinging

0 runs, 1 hits, 0 errors

San Diego 0, LA Dodgers 0

Top 2nd: San Diego

- J. Hermida struck out swinging

- O. Hudson struck out swinging

- J. Baker struck out swinging

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 errors

Top 3rd: San Diego

- J. Bartlett struck out looking

- C. Richard struck out swinging

- C. Maybin struck out swinging

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 errors

Harangatang sighting! I don't think I've ever seen that done before, struck out every batter in the San Diego line up in the first 3 innings, gotta be a record. Like a video game...

The Marlins fans are soooo bad. i watched the game tonight and the place looked kind of empty, and its only the second game of the season at home. They said it was a sell out, but clearly the butt hurt Cuban patriots decided they no longer support the team because of Guillen.

Edited by SRV

lol mets honoring jose reyes

He was a big part of the team in 2000's, you can argue Met of the decade, a fan favorite, record holder, and probably the greatest SS in Mets history. Don't get the lol. If you want to lol, lol at the fact we are honoring Chipper Jones.

I think it is cool that the Mets are honoring Chipper and I hope the Phillies do the same. I was at Bobby Cox's last game here a few seasons ago, and they had a very nice ceremony.