Brook sidelined at least 3 weeks

if that delay makes its way to March 16th, all of a sudden, Dallas and both LA teams open the gates for Howard in July (Dallas more than anyone else not named New Jersey).

Just curious, how would the Lakers still be an option at that point?

Sent from my HTC.

• Owner

Just curious, how would the Lakers still be an option at that point?

Sent from my HTC.

Howard will be able to go wherever he wants, and it really doesn't matter the opposing team's cap room because Orlando won't walk out of this empty-handed, no matter where he goes.

"Where he wants" is really the debate. That's all that matters. LA has the salary and picks to trade. If Howard approaches Otis Smith, in June, and tells him he's walking...well, Orlando will then ask where he wants to go, and once he gives them an answer (doesn't matter the team), Orlando will get on the phone and work a sign-and-trade, while Howard sits back and awaits the confirmation.

Only problem is, Orlando is in a bind. Howard isn't necessarily saying anything about signing extensions, so his value isn't as high as it could be. However, post-deadline, his value will hit rock-bottom in trade talks in July, because some teams (like New Jersey) could get him without dealing a single pick or player (assuming Howard doesn't want to give back to the organization, which I doubt he is that much of an ass).

If he stays with Orlando until July, you're going to see the same teams showing interest, and Orlando will be entertaining offers in a sign-and-trade situation, which gives all of them a chance at Howard.

Thing is, more teams will show interest at that point...because the extension would be part of the trade (obviously), but at the same time, Howard would probably have his list of teams he wants to play for.

It's an ankle sprain. Not even related to the previous injury.

Sent from my HTC.

It's another injury from the shin down on a leg that kept him out previous for half the season, and it's keeping him out another three weeks. Maybe he was overcompensating for the foot and his ankle paid the price. Either way, nobody wants to trade for damaged goods, and he has to first remain healthy and prove that that's the case. Nobody's going to take this much of a crapshoot when trading a Dwight Howard.

I know you want it to happen, but come on.

It's another injury from the shin down on a leg that kept him out previous for half the season, and it's keeping him out another three weeks. Maybe he was overcompensating for the foot and his ankle paid the price. Either way, nobody wants to trade for damaged goods, and he has to first remain healthy and prove that that's the case. Nobody's going to take this much of a crapshoot when trading a Dwight Howard.

I know you want it to happen, but come on.

Whatever it is, he certainly doesn't appear to be injury prone. Sure, there is a level of doubt, but if Dwight is still giving Orlando the indication that he would only re-sign with Jersey, and Orlando no longer feels they have a shot at keeping him, then other than maybe Atlanta (and maybe Chicago, because I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the Bulls yet), Otis Smith doesn't exactly have a great deal of options, now that this has been delayed so much.

If Dwight is still in a Magic uniform past March 15, that's an entirely different story and scenario. But if Orlando doesn't trade with the Nets, I don't see it coming as a result of a three-week injury that's simply a sprained ankle.

Ohhh Dreammmmmmmmmmm Weaver.. I believe you can get me through the nightttttttttt

Okay.

Regardless, if Dwight reaches free agency without being dealt, Brooklyn is by far the best option for him.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

I don't see it coming as a result of a three-week injury that's simply a sprained ankle.

Also, ftr.. I am not saying Dwight absolutely will not go to the Nest. But the claim that the injury "will have no bearing" is quite simply not true.

What I'm saying is, to build for the future, you're going to need a big free agent to sign, or else you're telling me you'll be doing that with top draft picks...meaning, you're going to endure a few more horrible seasons. If you're okay with that, fine.

A 6th-place team? Are you talking about having Dwight and Deron? I'm pretty sure that duo would give you a top four in the East...the best center and arguably the best PG in the NBA, both playing defense. Melo and Amare, with no backcourt, no defense, and no bench...that's a much different story (just a comparison).

What I was saying is I'd rather rebuild and watch players grow then sign mediocre free agents and finish 6th.

Losing out on both players would be horrible but nothing you can do. Billy King has worked his butt off to create a decent situation to start winning entering Brooklyn but it's truly up to the players to join in. If they don't, Nets play in a top city in a building that is beyond amazing.