San Francisco Giants 2009 Thread

Legacy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is this. It is one thing to lose a perfect game by walking somebody or hitting somebody with a pitch, and a completely different thing to lose it when one of your teammates [expletive]s up. It's not that he is unhappy with throwing a no hitter, but that he himself did nothing to prevent it from being a perfect game.

Regardless, it was a tough play for Uribe and a tough error given to him. Not saying it should've been a hit, but he was put into a tough situation.

Uribe had a tough play, I think the umps were giving Sanchez a break by ruling it an error. It probably should have been an error, but they could have taken the blame off of Uribe by calling it a hit (would have ruined the no-hitter though, obviously).

Uribe had a tough play, I think the umps were giving Sanchez a break by ruling it an error. It probably should have been an error, but they could have taken the blame off of Uribe by calling it a hit (would have ruined the no-hitter though, obviously).

Its not the Umps call on hit or error its the score keeper. The error was a ball you expect a major league third baseman to handle. Uribe played the inbetween hop instead of charing it and [expletive]ed it up.

Its not the Umps call on hit or error its the score keeper. The error was a ball you expect a major league third baseman to handle. Uribe played the inbetween hop instead of charing it and [expletive]ed it up.

One, Uribe plays second base.

Two, Uribe charged the [expletive] out of it and still caught the bad hop.

One, Uribe plays second base.

Two, Uribe charged the [expletive] out of it and still caught the bad hop.

lol Uribe is a utility player and watch the replay pal he waits back then at the last second breaks for it when its too late, he played the inbetween hop. It was an error and it [expletive]ed Sanchez over.

Haven't seen the Dodgers do that to them, and being in the same division, with pitchers 'better than Sanchez' it's not like you have any sort of argument.

I'm so excited that this team is good again. Not only that, we've got a very young core, so we won't be dropping off soon.

Giant/Dodger games are going to get good. I can't wait

Edited by Brand New

• 3 weeks later...

Zito owned Ryan Howard tonight. What is Zito now 2-1 every since the All-Star break? Also Freddy Sanchez looked good today (no homo) minus a couple mistakes. 3 out of 4 against the Phillies, good stuff.

Not hard to do if you are a lefty.

Eli Whiteside first career home run was a grand slam. They were about to take him out for a pinch hitter, first pitch and he hits it outta the arena.

Garko and Sanchez have been good additions and Velez has a 12 game hitting streak.

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2009/04/07/20/459-bpVelezondeck.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

Along with the great pitching and Pablolololo, Eugenio has shown that he's a future All Star. He's a Jose Reyes type of a player, and he raised his average 213 points since he turned 27. We have the same birthday, he's just 10 years older than me. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL THE ROCKIES GOT BENDED OVER ON ALL 4'S AND POUNDED INTO SSUBMISSION IN THEIR BIGGEST SERIES OF THE YEAR!!! LOOL

Bended? What the [expletive] does that mean?

And remember when the Rockies sweptded (how you would say it) the Phillies in the 2007 playoffs? I'd say that was the Phillies biggest series of 2007.

How easily people forget the Rockies just won "the biggest series of the year" just last week.

And remember when the Rockies sweptded (how you would say it) the Phillies in the 2007 playoffs? I'd say that was the Phillies biggest series of 2007.

How easily people forget the Rockies just won "the biggest series of the year" just last week.

Look, I am not here to participate in the [expletive]-talking, but if you really want to piss off a Phillies fan, going back to a series two years is not going to do it lol. Really does not accomplish anything, especially when we have this...

http://iammattfried.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/phillies_world_series_ring_baseballsffembeddedprod_affiliate138.jpg

Anywho, carry on.

You don't know what bended over means? Little boy you have got a lot to learn.

And cool congrats on that 2007 playoff series win. What did you guys win that year? Oh nothing. You were the runner up loser and a loser just like the Phillies were that year. On the contrary our team didn't come home empty handed last year as you can see by that world series ring up there. Congrats on the highlight of your franchise being that run to the world series, but never coming home with the ultimate prize.

And cool job bringing up my team which was irrelevant, but a dumb one seeing as you get owned nonetheless.

You don't know what bended over means? Little boy you have got a lot to learn.

And cool congrats on that 2007 playoff series win. What did you guys win that year? Oh nothing. You were the runner up loser and a loser just like the Phillies were that year. On the contrary our team didn't come home empty handed last year as you can see by that world series ring up there. Congrats on the highlight of your franchise being that run to the world series, but never coming home with the ultimate prize.

And cool job bringing up my team which was irrelevant, but a dumb one seeing as you get owned nonetheless.

lol :D