San Francisco Giants 2009 Thread

Legacy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad?

Mad about what? Mad that my team is in 1st place in all of baseball? mad that Matt Kemp is turning into a future all star? mad that Manny Ramirez is on fire since returning? Mad that Kershaw is coming a long and becoming our second best pitcher? Mad that we have an all star closer? Mad that we have a stud in Chad Billingsley?

:P

lay off the crack

Y'all just gonna choke again in the playoffs. Manny is old as hell, he's gonna retire soon and you guys will be left with nothing, just a roster full of chokers. ahahahahaha you so mad

I mean its a great accomplishment don't get me wrong but still look at the team.

Okay then, that's the point we're trying to bring across. No one else has thrown a no-hitter against the Padres this year, so he deserves credit for it.

Okay then, that's the point we're trying to bring across. No one else has thrown a no-hitter against the Padres this year, so he deserves credit for it.

No one else has thrown a no-hitter this year, period. Good for him, he pitched a gem. Always exciting to hear about no-nos, and I can guarantee he doesn't give a rat's [expletive] about Uribe's error.

No one else has thrown a no-hitter this year, period. Good for him, he pitched a gem. Always exciting to hear about no-nos, and I can guarantee he doesn't give a rat's [expletive] about Uribe's error.

Are you ignorant for real? Plenty of pitchers have thrown no hitters [expletive]ing Anibal Sanchez threw a no hitter! Throwing a perfect game puts you in an elite group, only few pitchers have thrown perfect games. Last pitcher to do it was Randy Johnson in 2001 showing you how talented you have to be and how rare it is. Uribe put him in the first group instead of the second. I'm sure Sanchez (prolly wont show hes pissed) is going crazy over this.

Are you ignorant for real? Plenty of pitchers have thrown no hitters [expletive]ing Anibal Sanchez threw a no hitter! Throwing a perfect game puts you in an elite group, only few pitchers have thrown perfect games. Last pitcher to do it was Randy Johnson in 2001 showing you how talented you have to be and how rare it is. Uribe put him in the first group instead of the second. I'm sure Sanchez (prolly wont show hes pissed) is going crazy over this.

What? I guarantee Sanchez (who should be happy he is even in the STARTING [expletive]ING ROTATION AGAIN) could care less that he didn't throw a perfect game. Sanchez would've been happy with a quality start, and throwing a no hitter is just a bonus for him.

So just so we can get this clear, you think Sanchez is infuriated with not throwing a perfect game? haha alright man

What? I guarantee Sanchez (who should be happy he is even in the STARTING [expletive]ING ROTATION AGAIN) could care less that he didn't throw a perfect game. Sanchez would've been happy with a quality start, and throwing a no hitter is just a bonus for him.

So just so we can get this clear, you think Sanchez is infuriated with not throwing a perfect game? haha alright man

Yeah when you pitch well enough to diserve a perfect game and don't get one I'm pretty sure you're not happy.

Congrats on no hitting a Padre team that has no hitting beside Gonzalez.

Haven't seen the Dodgers do that to them, and being in the same division, with pitchers 'better than Sanchez' it's not like you have any sort of argument.

I'm so excited that this team is good again. Not only that, we've got a very young core, so we won't be dropping off soon.

Yeah when you pitch well enough to diserve a perfect game and don't get one I'm pretty sure you're not happy.

diserve lol

Not everyone is as greedy as you. I just don't understand why you think Sanchez is unhappy about pitching a NO-HITTER!! Think of what you're saying. Sure he could've had a perfect game, but he's certainly not unhappy.

diserve lol

Not everyone is as greedy as you. I just don't understand why you think Sanchez is unhappy about pitching a NO-HITTER!! Think of what you're saying. Sure he could've had a perfect game, but he's certainly not unhappy.

Perhaps you don't understand the greatness of a perfect game. It is a once maybe twice in a decade thing. There have only been 17 perfect games in MLB history (15 since 1900). 263 No-Hitters have now been thrown which is about 2 per year as opposed 2 a decade.

diserve lol

obviously he is beyond happy that he threw a no-hitter, but that doesnt mean that he doesnt want a perfect game instead

its not that he is unhappy, just that he could be happier

How appropriate that Sanchez's dad was there for the performance.

I was following the last inning on Gameday, so I just thought that the ball was hit to the track for the second out, I didn't know until I watched the highlights that Rowand leaped and caught it. Good stuff.

Perhaps you don't understand the greatness of a perfect game. It is a once maybe twice in a decade thing. There have only been 17 perfect games in MLB history (15 since 1900). 263 No-Hitters have now been thrown which is about 2 per year as opposed 2 a decade.

Yes, obviously I know the greatness of a perfect game, but it's not like a no-hitter is something to not be proud of.

The issue is this. It is one thing to lose a perfect game by walking somebody or hitting somebody with a pitch, and a completely different thing to lose it when one of your teammates [expletive]s up. It's not that he is unhappy with throwing a no hitter, but that he himself did nothing to prevent it from being a perfect game.