The NBA Approved Ads On Jerseys

Sħãlïq™

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know why people would mind that much tbh.... this would most likely drive ticket prices way down

I'm a Nets fan so I don't have to worry about that but for the rest of you..

:lol:

This would only benefit 30 people (well 29 for now). I will let you guess who they are.

I really hope this doesn't happen. They're have been rumblings about it for years in pro sports leagues, but I really hope it doesn't, even though it seems as though it is just a matter of time. Anything for these guys to make a quick buck I guess.

It's not really a big deal, it is just annoying more than anything.

Edited by Check my Stats

• 3 months later...
The NBA Will Have Jersey Ads In 2013

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2012/7/20/11/enhanced-buzz-2319-1342796547-5.jpg

If you have ever watched European soccer and thought to yourself, "If only American team sports could let me watch amazing athletes and continuously think about Vodafone," then you better put on some looser pants, because good times are coming your way. At yesterday's NBA Board of Governors meeting in Las Vegas, the league approved a plan that would bring small advertising patches to the shoulders of all NBA jerseys for the 2013-2014 season. Deputy commissioner Adam Silver, who's in charge of the initiative, has said that he hopes the addition of the patches could raise as much as $100 million in additional revenue.

Now there's still technically a chance that this will be rejected by the league's owners when it comes to a vote, but there's also still technically a chance that Kobe Bryant will be given a key to the city of Boston later this year. I have my doubts about both. Silver has said that there is not a single owner that's opposed to the idea. Not even Dan Gilbert and his Comic Sans letters of truth seem to be willing to defend the purity of the uniforms.

And if you thought you could escape the horror of the patch* at your local Dick's Sporting Goods, you're sadly mistaken. All replica jerseys will also become walking billboards. This is one reason why the league is taking a full-year lead time with the project. Adidas has to have time to make a shit-ton (actual scientific weight) of new jerseys. So get ready, America. Soon when you put on your jersey, you'll be supporting both the Rockets and Johnny Rockets.

*Coincidentally Horror Of The Patch is a spec script I wrote in college about a nicotine patch that slowly takes over the person wearing it. It was quite the erotic thriller.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/the-nba-will-have-jersey-ads-in-2013

I doubt it'll happen

Sadly, it did:

Governors Expand Instant Replay, Approve Jersey Advertisements

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/19/33799/

I can't wait for the Samsung Los Angeles Lakers to play the M&M Miami Heat in the 2013 Finals.

I can... Not even feeling the irony. THIS SUCKS!!! <_<

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

"The view is that the teams would need a significant time; one, to sell the patch; and number two, for adidas to manufacture the uniforms, because the patch that would be on the players' uniforms would also appear on the jerseys at retail," said deputy commissioner Adam Silver, who is handling the uniform change.

http://dimemag.com/2012/07/nba-jerseys-will-have-small-ads-in-2013-2014/

One more reason why Adidas SUCKS!! <_<

The people in charge of the NBA have to be the dumbest league in North America. So we will be paying for the jersey, with the ads on them and be walking billboards? I doubt this will allow for lower tickets or heck, even lower beer prices. Just ruining the heritage of the game.

The people in charge of the NBA have to be the dumbest league in North America. So we will be paying for the jersey, with the ads on them and be walking billboards? I doubt this will allow for lower tickets or heck, even lower beer prices. (...)

It won't. Straight shitting on the game's heritage. <_<