RD1 GM3: Miami at New York

Oh yeah. Fields defense was a nightmare on Wade.

Shumpert is a 10x bigger loss than Amar'e...if Shumpert was still playing, sadly, and I hate to say it, the Knicks would be in better shape with STAT out for game 3 than with him in for gm 1 and 2

I agree 100% losing Shumpert really hurt way more than Amare. Shumperts perimeter defense is one of the best if not the best in the league. He would have gave Wade lots of trouble if he had been healthy.

I agree 100% losing Shumpert really hurt way more than Amare. Shumperts perimeter defense is one of the best if not the best in the league. He would have gave Wade lots of trouble if he had been healthy.

Well, to be fair, Wade was the only guy all year I saw consistently be able to get great looks vs. Shumpert.

Now, we are still much better off with Shumpert on Wade than Fields, and it would've made a substantial difference. Would we win the series? absolutely not. But Wade gets anything and everything he wants with Fields on him.

Edited by JYD

Well, to be fair, Wade was the only guy all year I saw consistently be able to get great looks vs. Shumpert.

Now, we are still much better off with Shumpert on Wade than Fields, and it would've made a substantial difference. Would we win the series? absolutely not. But Wade gets anything and everything he wants with Fields on him.

Well wade is a great player so he is bound to get his, I was talking more along the lines of the second part of what you said. Fields on Wade compared to Shump on Wade is a completely different story.

Chris Bosh (personal) will start in Thursday's Game 3 against the Knicks.

Bosh's wife had a baby early Thursday morning in Miami, so he's just arriving in New York as we speak. The Heat's third wheel will be operating on little sleep, but we wouldn't expect him to be limited. He's averaging 15.0 points and 5.0 rebounds in 27.8 minutes through the first two games of the series.

Via Rotoworld

Edited by ChosenOne

Lebron flops, no call. Ball goes out off his foot, Heat ball. Nice.

He flopped a bit but that was very close to being a charge on Melo. He lowered his shoulder and there was legitimate contact with the shoulder on the back down.

That wasn't a case of him making it appear like there was contact when there wasn't. That was a good no call. It was closer to an offensive foul than anything else.

I'm sure if it was called a charge people would be up in arms about it, though.

And it looked like it hit Melo's left hand last.

He flopped a bit but that was very close to being a charge on Melo. He lowered his shoulder and there was legitimate contact with the shoulder on the back down.

That wasn't a case of him making it appear like there was contact when there wasn't. That was a good no call. It was closer to an offensive foul than anything else.

I'm sure if it was called a charge people would be up in arms about it, though.

And it looked like it hit Melo's left hand last.

Haha yeah that's why I deleted my post. The original view made it look like it was out on Lebron.

Haha yeah that's why I deleted my post. The original view made it look like it was out on Lebron.

Yeah, my bad. I didn't notice you deleted your post until I just came back in this thread. I think I quoted you just before you deleted it, haha.

Anyways, the Knicks need to get into their offensive sets quicker. They are walking the ball up the court and not getting into anything until there is less than 10 seconds on the shot clock. You aren't going to be able to score on the Heat defense like that. I'm not saying get into a track meet with the Heat because that is a recipe for disaster as well, but you can't allow them to get set every single defensive possession. You won't be able to beat them playing that way.

Really impressed by the Knicks rotations on defense so far. The minute James or Wade look to turn the corner off a screen, end up in a dead spot on the floor or pick up their dribble, the Knicks are sending a second, sometimes third defender at them and forcing them into poor decisions or turnovers.

The only problem is that their offense is startin to become stagnant and turning the ball over, which has enabled the Heat to get run outs and get back into the game.

I think MSG just woke up haha :lol:

THIS is exactly the atmosphere the Knicks need if they have a shot at winning this game.

Hahaha "asshole" chants for Lebron.... and some dude sitting courtside rocking a D.West jersey :taunt:

Edited by Guru

For all the good New York did in that quarter, and there was a lot of it, they are only up by 4 at the half. I know it is only 4 points, but I think it would've made a big difference for their psyche if they headed into halftime with an 8 point lead.

The first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter are going to be huge for them, in my opinion.

This has been some really bad basketball.

I like defensive ball, but this is just ugly.

for some reason i find this fun as hell to watch.

how many fouls does LeBron have?