GM5: Indiana at Miami

Real Deal

• Owner

LMFAO @ "pummeling" his face. There's a gif on page one if you wanna watch the play again. Haslem's foul drew no blood. Both were hard fouls, why can't it just be left at that?

Did Ron Artest deserve his seven-game suspension for his elbow on Harden? No blood drawn.

Did Ron Artest deserve his seven-game suspension for his elbow on Harden? No blood drawn.

How are the 2 even comparable? Artest gave someone a concussion and knocked them out of the game whereas Hansbrough and Wade both got back up, Wade got his cut taken care of and the game continued.

Take into account Artest's record which we all know was taken into account when he got suspended. Haslem has never had any issue with dirty play in 9 years in the NBA.

Edited by Flash

Its funny how people want playoff basketball, actually all NBA basketball to be hard and physical but the second it gets that way with Miami all of a sudden lets suspend people.

Pittman absolutely deserves a suspension, but that play by Haslem are you kidding me?

The Bad Boys and the Mid 90's Knicks must be laughing at all these fouls.

Edited by Flash

You don't punish the result, you punish the act.

It's easy to draw blood on someones face from a minor nick, but that doesn't mean a foul that draws blood is gong to be worse than one that doesn't.

Haslems foul was 100% with no uncertainty, worse than Hansborough's foul.

The NBA is a different league than the NHL, but I've seen many times in the NHL where players are punished based on the result of a play, and not the actual act and intent, and that's just dumb. It applies to the NBA and situations like this one as well.

Punish the act, not the result, period.

Edited by BeeBeeSee
  • Like 1

Pitman should get 7 games and that's it. I feel that people here over react to hard fouls. Haslem shouldn't get suspensed it was a hard foul that deserved what it was given. If the refs didn't kick him out of the game right there what makes you think the league is going to or should suspend him?

• Owner

I've never seen so many people hate a team in my life. My Twitter and Facebook has been filled with hate since all of that shit went down tonight...now that I think about it, probably as bad as it was when they were celebrating their 7-8 championships in 2010.

I started talking about how much of a punk Granger has been in the first four games of this series, but tonight was much different. Haslem hit Tyler for the sole reason to send a message, and I would not be surprised if Pittman (of all people, funny enough...we always joke about sending out a scrub to take out a player, but it's just that...a joke) was sent out for the same reason.

I doubt they sent Pittman to do that. He's a very physical player and Spo is the last coach in the league who'd send someone out to do that, and if it were anyone it'd be Juwan Howard. LeBron looks after all the young guys, moreso than Wade does so I think PIttman felt like he wanted to prove something even if it were a stupid [expletive]ing move like that.

By no means should Heat fans celebrate what Pittman did. I think in the heat of the moment (no pun in tended) some might like it but come tomorrow most will see how dumb that was.

The Haslem play, like ChosenOne said should no way be a suspension.

• Owner

Pittman is a POS anyway. He would foul the hell out of people back when he played at Texas, cheap shots, and nobody liked him around here because of it (not even the many Texas fans that live in my area).

Psycho T's foul was a Flagrant 1.

Haslem's foul was a Flagrant 2.

I don't think Haslem should see a suspension, but there should be a fine, and he should have been ejected from the game.

Pittman should get seven games, if not more, just because of the way he was acting after the elbow.

• Owner

The bad thing is that Pittman has played three minutes, one game, in the playoffs...before this game.

He has a total of 301 minutes in the regular season, 35 games.

How many minutes did he play tonight? Three.

So people are looking at this and wondering why he was in the game, and of course, they are going to think that someone (whether it was the team as a collective voice, or one of the starters, or even Howard) told him to go out there and elbow Lance Stephenson in the neck.

All I was reading on Twitter was, "Why was Pittman even in the game? Oh, THAT'S WHY."

The wink sure the hell didn't make anything better, and the fans cheering didn't help the situation, either.

I'm good with a fine on UD, that's fair. A suspension is ludicrous though. Still think flagrant 1 is the right call in a playoff game though.

PIttman was in the game because it was garbage time in a 30 point game simple answer to that.

Didn't Indy want this type of series though? Its basically what they've been calling for and Miami finally gave it to them. How is Granger gonna preach toughness and the "chip on their shoulder" and then whine after the game?

Edited by Flash

• Owner

Didn't Indy want this type of series though?

I doubt they wanted the Heat to go out and act like THAT.

The idea was to get into their heads, and see if LeBron and Wade step in Granger and George's faces, taunting them or even a bit of pushing, whatever...but no, I doubt the idea was to have Pittman come in and land a Lex Luger flying elbow, or have Haslem act like the hammer in a Whac-A-Mole game.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1134708/pittman_medium.gif

=

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1087723/bron2_medium.gif

LOLOLOLOL

http://cjzero.com/gifs/HaslemTyler.gif

Eh seems hardly flagrant to me, reminds me of Metta and Sefolsha too only Metta did have ball

The bad thing is that Pittman has played three minutes, one game, in the playoffs...before this game.

He has a total of 301 minutes in the regular season, 35 games.

How many minutes did he play tonight? Three.

So people are looking at this and wondering why he was in the game, and of course, they are going to think that someone (whether it was the team as a collective voice, or one of the starters, or even Howard) told him to go out there and elbow Lance Stephenson in the neck.

All I was reading on Twitter was, "Why was Pittman even in the game? Oh, THAT'S WHY."

The wink sure the hell didn't make anything better, and the fans cheering didn't help the situation, either.

As Flash said, it was garbage time in a 30 point blowout. Howard played less than 200 minutes in the regular season in 28 games. He's played in 3 games so far, 11 minutes total in the playoffs. Why was he in the game? Because it was garbage time. Spoelstra just emptied out the bench.

• Owner

I wasn't saying that he wasn't in the game because of the blowout, I'm just repeating what people were stating, the ones that didn't watch the game and, I guess, weren't paying attention to the score when they saw the elbow highlight.