GM5: Indiana at Miami

Real Deal

you really think tyler hansbrough was attempting to harm wade? if so, LOL

Look where Wade has the ball, and look where Hansbrough aims. If you didn't post a .5 second long gif, I could see it clearer.

Lkr, I believe the reason Hansbrough's was a flagrant was because he came down so hard on Wade.

it is a possibility, i'm just saying that hansbrough had no intention of hurting anyone, while haslem was obviously going to try and take out hansbrough if hansbrough had legitimately hurt wade, i wouldn't have been so opposed to a flagrant on the call, but instead wade flailed to the ground like he was knocked out

Look where Wade has the ball, and look where Hansbrough aims. If you didn't post a .5 second long gif, I could see it clearer.

he goes up to contest, realizes he won't get a clean block, decides to commit the foul and make him earn two from the line. since when is that not a legitimate basketball play? :lol:

I am not debating Haslem wasn't going for revenge, I am just wondering why you would complain about someone protecting their teammate. Either Hansbrough has terrible hand-eye coordination, or he meant to get any part of Wade he could get.

no shit he's trying to hit him, how else do you foul someone?!?!?!

So what Hansbrough did was nothing close to a flagrant of any kind? I am sure the refs just called a flagrant for the hell of it. He made contact with Wade's head just because he wanted a foul, that is a flagrant. I don't think you are allowed to hit someone on the head as means to commit a foul.

it is a possibility, i'm just saying that hansbrough had no intention of hurting anyone, while haslem was obviously going to try and take out hansbrough if hansbrough had legitimately hurt wade, i wouldn't have been so opposed to a flagrant on the call, but instead wade flailed to the ground like he was knocked out

I guess you haven't taken too many hits in the head. Hansbrough came down pretty hard, and Wade was even cut on the play. I don't see why you are complaining about Wade going on the ground.

As for Haslem, I basically agree. I understand the whole protect your teammate thing, but to make such a play at such a crucial time was just plain stupid.

Also, great way for the Heat to finish the quarter. This third quarter is going to be huge. Hope the Heat can replicate the run they had last game in the 3rd.

the replay right there showed that hansbrough hit the ball before anything else. if anything, he got a block and made some incidental contact. i don't think it is much of a flagrant tbh

The point is the refs are stupid. There, problem solved.

Haslem's move was stupid, but he was trying to make a point. The Pacers have been physical all series and we have not done a damn thing to combat that.

Edited by SRV

the replay right there showed that hansbrough hit the ball before anything else. if anything, he got a block and made some incidental contact. i don't think it is much of a flagrant tbh

The rulebook says:

A flagrant 1 is unnecessary contact. This is usually when a defensive player swings and makes hard contact with the offensive player or makes hard contact and then follows through.

I'd say it qualifies pretty well for a flagrant. Doesn't matter that he got the ball first, he made hard contact, and it was on the head. I'll give you that Haslem should have gotten a flagrant 2, but to say Hansbrough's wasn't a flagrant just because he got the ball first is pretty stupid. You can't swing down your arm like that on a player.

I'd say it qualifies pretty well for a flagrant. Doesn't matter that he got the ball first, he made hard contact, and it was on the head. I'll give you that Haslem should have gotten a flagrant 2, but to say Hansbrough's wasn't a flagrant just because he got the ball first is pretty stupid. You can't swing down your arm like that on a player.

I agree. My only issue was that if you are going to call a flagrant one on Hansbrough you HAVE to call a flagrant two on Haslem. There is no way that those two plays were equivalent.

I agree. My only issue was that if you are going to call a flagrant one on Hansbrough you HAVE to call a flagrant two on Haslem. There is no way that those two plays were equivalent.

Agreed.

Going on that, what the [expletive] was Pittman thinking? Absolutely stupid and dirty play. That probably should have been a flagrant two as well. Definitely looked intentional.

Anyway, great game for the Heat. Great shooting for the Heat, and very good defense. Still need to cut down on the Pacers' offensive rebounds (what kept them in the game in the 1st half). Also, Heat still missing a lot of free throws, especially Wade. Those can come back and haunt us if the game is close.