What's so bad about Zach Randolph?

I haven't watched him aside from playing against the Celtics, but I never got the impression that he was some horrible, black hole type of player. It's as if one person said it and everyone else jumped on board. My only real gripe with him is that he shoots too many jumpers, especially since he has shown something resembling a low post game when I've watched him. I think he just needs to go to the right team. He only looks bad because he's been trying to lead young/bad teams. He would be good as a 3rd or maybe even 2nd guy on a team of veterans and if Thabeet's defense translates to the NBA, Randolph might make an impact on that Grizzlies team.

Zach's a good player and gets way too much heat on this forum. Well, if your not Kobe you might as well forget it on this site, you'll be hated.

He's not a good defender and certainly has some questionable shot choices - but from your better scores in the NBA, how many people don't have these characteristics?

He doesn't do anything without the ball in his hands except rebound, and with the ball his main move is a jab step into a jumper. You can get that from a lot of guys. He rarely passes (unless its a guaranteed assist), overhandles, sets sloppy screens, lounges around on defense and without the ball. He's a compiler, but his on-court presence doesn't match his numbers.