GM3: Oklahoma City at Miami

Real Deal

Shane Battier is bound for a shitty game. I have a feeling this is going to be the one.

If OKC keeps defending him the way they are, he's going to keep making them. None of his shots have even been contested.

If OKC keeps defending him the way they are, he's going to keep making them. None of his shots have even been contested.

Lol, exactly. I'm sick of Mike Breen & the media blowing him. Credit him for hitting wide open shots, but let's stop acting like he's been great. He disappeared in the 4th qtr in game 1, and he's never even guarded.

That shot he hit last night late in the 4th that he banked in was pure luck lol.

• Like 1

Its ok though, Wade figured out how to get to the basket again. Battier did miss wide open shots in the first two rounds, but he found the stroke. Ray Allen sucked balls for two rounds and then decided he was going to be good again in the last couple of games. Its make or miss, and Battier is making them.

I hope we still play like a desperate team, it would suck to let them steal the first home game from us.

I know we've probably had a thread for this, but what the [expletive] does Russel Westbrook wear in his post-game interviews? Anyway, I feel as if the Thunder will bring it this game and take Game 3 in Miami. The Thunder close games out, if they start hot and jump on Miami early, the Heat won't contend through three quarters. I want James Harden to keep taking shots, finished 7-11 last game from the field. I hate Westbrook as a player, and even though he played nearly the whole game, his rebounds and assist numbers did impress me.

Edited by The Next Knick

That's what I'm saying. He has been open the whole postseason, he didn't do squad in the first two rounds but heated up in the ECF and the Finals. I honestly don't expect his hot streak to last all series long.

Battier has had 5 seasons in his career shooting over 39% from 3. This was the worst year of his career scoring the ball, so people forget just how lethal he used to be as a spot-up shooter, especially his first year in Houston. I don't expect him to be getting double figure points every game, but I do expect him to be someone who will make OKC pay when they leave him completely wide open from 3.

For Miami, the key to this game is continuing to hit FT's like they did in Game 2...the entire post-season they've been AWFUL from the line and lost a few close games as a direct result of that. Also, I expect Bosh to be the most important individual player this game. He had a terrific Game 2 on the boards, and he's a tough matchup for the OKC big men due to his shooting, PnR ability and use of the pump fake when Ibaka is defending him.

For OKC, Westbrook needs to pick his spots more wisely, and get Ibaka/Collison/Perkins some easy looks near the rim. The Big 3 alone of OKC will not beat Miami, especially in Miami. They will need contributions from everyone.

• Like 1

Battier has had 5 seasons in his career shooting over 39% from 3. This was the worst year of his career scoring the ball, so people forget just how lethal he used to be as a spot-up shooter, especially his first year in Houston. I don't expect him to be getting double figure points every game, but I do expect him to be someone who will make OKC pay when they leave him completely wide open from 3.

For Miami, the key to this game is continuing to hit FT's like they did in Game 2...the entire post-season they've been AWFUL from the line and lost a few close games as a direct result of that. Also, I expect Bosh to be the most important individual player this game. He had a terrific Game 2 on the boards, and he's a tough matchup for the OKC big men due to his shooting, PnR ability and use of the pump fake when Ibaka is defending him.

For OKC, Westbrook needs to pick his spots more wisely, and get Ibaka/Collison/Perkins some easy looks near the rim. The Big 3 alone of OKC will not beat Miami, especially in Miami. They will need contributions from everyone.

Exactly, good post. The key, like you said, is for OKC to use it's depth and talent other than the big three. Where these teams differ is clearly outside of the Big Three's, because Miami's core of LBJ, Wade, and Bosh is going to be better most nights IMO than Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. OKC can only win if guys like Ibaka, Collison, and Sefolosha play well.

I think Harden is due for a big game, I am so scared of what that dude can do. If Harden would have kept shooting in the 2nd half, we would have been screwed. He kept them in the game in that 1st half.

• Owner

I think Harden is due for a big game, I am so scared of what that dude can do. If Harden would have kept shooting in the 2nd half, we would have been screwed. He kept them in the game in that 1st half.

I'll admit, Harden is a scary player. He's just like Manu Ginobili, a guy that can just go off at any point and has that all-star factor in him. Plus, he's a bit underrated on the defensive end...not THAT great, but I've heard a few people say he's a horrible defender, and that's not true at all.

It's sad (probably not for you, but for a neutral fan) that he only took two shots in the second half of Game 2, after basically carrying the team in the first half.

Its all the West Coast's fault, all the game have to start late as crap. They should have done an afternoon game for father's day...like 4:30 start EST or something.