GM3: Oklahoma City at Miami

Real Deal

This is the first game he's actually struggled so he's definitely shown up lol. If anything it's Westbrook.

He has had 1 good half this series.

He scored 17 points in the first half of game 2. He has scored 18 points total in the other 5.

He has been garbage in this series. It isn't even the scoring either, his defense has been bad (in large part due to him constantly flopping to try and draw calls) and his playmaking has been nearly non-existent (tonight was the only night he did anything in that regard). From what I've seen, he definitely needs to play a lot better than what he has shown so far in this series.

But I know Westbrook is the whipping boy for OKC. I'm not saying he has played great either, because he certainly hasn't, but he has been much, much better than Harden has in this series.

This is the first game he's actually struggled so he's definitely shown up lol. If anything it's Westbrook.

Harden had decent takes in the third, and I missed the 2nd game which as I look now was a good game by him. But while I've been watching, Harden hasn't been a strong factor. In the matchups of each of the big three, Bosh has had a much greater influence than Harden.

Westbrook seemed scared of the moments this game, but he needs to stay aggressive despite how much I hate to see him shoot. He needs to put pressure on the defense. I didn't see that in the fourth.

I don't know how some of you will live your lives knowing Lebron has a ring.

I don't care about Lebron.. Lebron doesn't bother me anymore. I said earlier this year in a thread that he's done a good, quiet job of repairing his image in my eyes.

I don't know, I just think Miami is the better team. Still do and did from day one of this season. It just seems to be showing up these past two games, we'll see though.

And people say that Harden is a superstar in the making. LOL.

1. I don't think anyone has called him a superstar in the making. All-star? He already is an all-star caliber player, or just a shade below one.

2. It is his first finals

3. It is his 3rd year in the NBA

4. One bad series shouldn't define you. Where were you when Harden was eating out San Antonio's heart with clutch shot after clutch shot? This what have you done for me lately attitude is the same reason people were calling LBJ Scottie Pippen last summer. Its hilarious to be honest.

• Like 2

I didn't see this game unfortunately, but if Miami continues to relentlessly attack the rim, OKC has no chance. If Wade goes 8-22, LeBron shoots under 50%, Bosh shoots 3-12, and you still lose, well you should be incredibly worried. Durant needs to be better defensively. I don't care if I missed the game, I read on twitter that he fell for that Wade fake (again) and was in foul trouble again. The Thunder won't win if they have to work their rotation/gameplan around his fouls.

• Like 1

This series is overrr. Miami just has to win either Game 4 or 5 but I think this is done in 5. I predicted Miami in 5 and Im sticking with it.

Yup this sums it up. I'm tired of all the LeBron haters and really hope he gets a ring. Even though I expect the Thunder to win, I'll be rooting for the Heat.

I want the Heat to win, I never said I want the Thunder to win. I just said that I think OKC is the better team and I expect them to win.

If Westbrook and Harden keep playing like they have with their playmaking and big shots, I don't think the Heat have a chance. Ibaka and Perk will dominate the paint throughout the series. LeBron and Wade are gonna have to go ballistic to win thi series which I don't see happening.

I got the Thuder winning the series in 5. Hope I'm wrong though.

http://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/NO+_88de9c6331620ae4bece4d128e8ddf29.jpg

im putting this loss on two things

1, scott brooks for pulling out westbrook when durant had foul trouble. what a [expletive]ing ridiculous thing to do... his quote "I took him out a couple minutes early just to settle him down, and put him right back in,” bull shit you put in right back in..

2 freethrow shooting. tables have been turned. miami capitalizing on fts and we aren't

Edited by moeroadkill

OKC killed themselves in this game...down 1 with 1:30. Westbrook got a wide open three because Battier and Lebron were too lazy to walk towards him, and he missed, and then they messed up an inbound pass when down 3. Thunder could very well be up 3-0, as can we, but it all comes down to 1 or 2 plays in every game and we have got the lucks on our side. We could very well lose these next two game at home with the way these games are going.

Also, we blow at FT shooting, and for some reason, we are shooting them well in this series. The Thunder are missing a lot of FT's, so that is also them killing themselves in this series.

Edited by SRV

im putting this loss on two things

1, scott brooks for pulling out westbrook when durant had foul trouble. what a [expletive]ing ridiculous thing to do... his quote "I took him out a couple minutes early just to settle him down, and put him right back in,” bull shit you put in right back in..

2 freethrow shooting. tables have been turned. miami capitalizing on fts and we aren't

YNB was hurting the Thunder with three straight garbage possessions. Fisher comes in and the lead actually goes up. Now I do think Fisher was in a bit too long, and I do think Brooks left Durant on the bench a bit too long in the third, but the decision to take YNB out was a very good one

The Thunder won't win this series if their best player is sitting the bench in foul trouble. That's all that needs to be said.

While I do agree that he had some questionable calls go against him (and one absolutely awful one [4th foul on Wade]), the Thunder's best player needs to stop reaching on defense and he won't be sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

The way he is defending LeBron is basically asking to be in foul trouble. You can't play defense with your hands like Durant has been doing for the past two games. Even if you aren't committing a foul, by constantly reaching he is looking like he is committing a foul, which, in today's day and age, is basically just as bad as actually committing a foul.

He can get away with playing this type of defense against most people because of his length and athleticism, but not against LeBron.

I really do hope he can stay on the floor more for the rest of the series, though. The game certainly isn't as entertaining with him on the bench.

YNB was hurting the Thunder with three straight garbage possessions. Fisher comes in and the lead actually goes up. Now I do think Fisher was in a bit too long, and I do think Brooks left Durant on the bench a bit too long in the third, but the decision to take YNB out was a very good one

i dont know why you call him ynb but i bet its going to be something stupid

i agree fisher made some nice plays but then he tried to play hero ball. that pull up three was uncalled for, if brooks wants to calm down westy for making a couple of bad plays then i expect him to do that same to fisher.

To let westbrook sit on the bench when harden is having an off game turning the ball over, probably shooting like 1-8 at that time and durant sitting on the bench with 4 fouls is not a smart coaching decision imo.

i dont know if its a trust issue with scott brooks and ibaka but ibaka needs to be playing in the 4th and certainly more than 22mins

• Owner

While I do agree that he had some questionable calls go against him (and one absolutely awful one [4th foul on Wade]), the Thunder's best player needs to stop reaching on defense and he won't be sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

The way he is defending LeBron is basically asking to be in foul trouble. You can't play defense with your hands like Durant has been doing for the past two games. Even if you aren't committing a foul, by constantly reaching he is looking like he is committing a foul, which, in today's day and age, is basically just as bad as actually committing a foul.

He can get away with playing this type of defense against most people because of his length and athleticism, but not against LeBron.

I really do hope he can stay on the floor more for the rest of the series, though. The game certainly isn't as entertaining with him on the bench.

Oh, no, I completely agree.

It reminds me of what Magic said out loud when he, Jordan and Bird were taking their pictures together for the Dream Team, to be honest (and I don't even need to repeat it, since almost all of us either saw it when we watched the documentary, or we saw it in the previews).

If I recall correctly (watch out, I'm old and forgetting my memory), you can argue one of the two you pointed out...but the one that made me post right after it happened, I seriously jumped up in the air and nearly hit my head on the ceiling, I was so pissed/shocked/whatever. It wasn't even that I was expecting the superstar to get his way...I was expecting absolutely nothing to be called, even if it was [expletive]ing Chucky Atkins out there.

To me, if the referees are going to call it that way, they better start nailing LeBron for the contact on both ends of the court and the plethora of travels. I don't expect the Thunder to rack up charges against him (it's NEVER called, I have no idea why anyone tries to take a charge in front of LBJ), but two things:

1) He is hitting a lot of shooters and slashers on their arms. I have busted Games 2 and 3 down by rewinding them so many times (and eventually catching back up during commercials), it's hilarious...but what's not is the contact he's getting away with.

2) The "one step, pro-hop, then elevate" that he's using...the league has to look at it, or something. As he gathers, he takes one step, then a massive hop with two steps (three total) with a lot of elevation, then back up. His OTHER trick is the high dribble gather, when he can take up to a couple of steps before putting completing the gather and taking the final two steps before elevating, but that's never called, either.

I'll be completely honest when I say this: in all my years of watching basketball, I have never seen any other player get away with that many travels. Kobe has had his share of them, but they were very questionable, because almost all of Bryant's travels (well, that you could argue) were out of two-step post moves, where he would establish a pivot and end up moving it on a gather and shoot (usually due to a spin).

These little things don't bother me, usually, but this is the NBA Finals. Yeah, I really don't want LeBron to win a championship...but I'm not going to sit here and say he won't win at least one, ever...and the way he's playing NOW, he deserves it. He's doing what he should be doing all along: carrying his team when they need him to. He's also not dancing around and being a cocky SOB, like he was doing in his last days with the Cavaliers and his first season with Miami. But, everything aside, I want the referees to do one of two things: call it like you have all season (for both of these teams, who were almost always shooting free throws), or let them play through a lot of the BS that's being called. They called Mike Miller for a blocking foul that I thought didn't change anyone's shot (don't remember who went to the line, maybe KD). They aren't calling the tons of illegal screens being set by both teams. They didn't call the foul on LeBron at the end of Game 2. However, you give Durant a foul for barely hitting Haslem's hand on a rebound (and that put Durant in foul trouble), yet ignore LeBron taking Westbrook's arm out on a crucial board to end Game 2?

In the Finals, those little things will make or break any team, doesn't matter how good you are, because both superstars in this series can turn a game around in five minutes, in the blink of an eye, when the other isn't out there...and they usually do.

----------

Not that I'm saying the Thunder would be up 3-0 in this series, either...because, really, I'm thinking Brooks is getting outcoached (which is kind of funny, if you think about it), but Durant's foul trouble in the two losses are killer. If Westbrook was a facilitating PG, it would probably change things up a bit, but he's not, and with Durant off the floor, the Thunder are so much easier to defend.