Brandon Roy Confirms Rumors of Return

The Regime

Brandon Roy confirmed rumors of his return to the NBA by tweeting on Friday night that he’s been training daily, his health is good and is planning on returning to the league next season.

But since Roy doesn’t have Twitter, he made the announcement under the account for Will Conroy, his college teammate at the University of Washington who is now in the NBDL.

Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld.com put the series of tweets together:

“Lord willing, I will play again soon,” Roy wrote in a series of tweets. “Yes, I’m preparing for a comeback. I’m training daily. I’m preparing for a return next year. I appreciate the love. Hopefully I’ll be back on the floor soon. Health is good.”

When asked by a fan if he could return to the Portland Trailblazers, Roy said it’s highly unlikely he’d return to the Blazers for next season:

“I wish, but due to the NBA rules I cannot play in Portland until 2014-2015,” Roy tweeted. “I’m looking to return sooner. Thanks for your support. I’m fortunate to have played for such a great fan base. No matter where I play, Portland will always have a special place in my heart.”

Roy was named Rookie of the Year when he played for the Blazers in 2006 but announced his retirement in 2011 because of chronic knee problems. He will train in Seattle as he plans for his return to the NBA.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/16/brandon-roy-nba-portland-trailblazers-retirement/

To be honest, I'm dying for Roy to come back. And as much as I hate the Lakers, the Thunder, and the Heat...if he goes to any of those teams, you can bet your ass, I'm still buying a Roy jersey. No matter where he goes, he's still got my support.

• Owner

Mutual interest here.

Mike Gabriel @MikedupRadiocom

Hearing that the ‪#Lakers‬ are interested in Brandon Roy. Also, as I mentioned when the season ended, the Grizz have interest in Pau Gasol.

Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey1

Brandon Roy is considering Lakers should he come back. I say he's coming back 4 sure...but to Warriors, where ex-agent Bob Myers is GM

I'm assuming he realizes we don't have any big money to offer, lol. We have the partial MLE, and minimum contracts.

I would do it.

Mutual interest here.

I'm assuming he realizes we don't have any big money to offer, lol. We have the partial MLE, and minimum contracts.

I would do it.

Honestly, I'm sure he doesn't even care about money at this point. He's still getting paid that fat ass contract from Paul Allen. I think he just wants to play at this point.

Warriors Interested In Signing Brandon Roy

The Warriors are interested in signing Brandon Roy, who is interested in making a comeback during the 12-13 season.

Bob Myers, Golden State's general manager, represented Roy when he was a player agent.

“It’s a possibility,” Myers said about Roy. “He’s an easy phone call to make.”

Roy is capable of playing both guard positions.

“I told (Roy) when he was amnesty-ed … ‘I hope this isn’t it for you. Make sure this isn’t it. He’s said publicly he wants to come back, so I’ll start to talk to him. It depends how everything goes for us and what his expectations are and all of that. But absolutely I’ll talk to him.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221651/Warriors_Interested_In_Signing_Brandon_Roy#ixzz1yftOJ4f0