Ray Allen interested in joining Heat

trutrojan8

I just realized Ray is going to be 37 by next season...not that age matter for him since he just runs and shoots, but I wonder how many years we gave him or if it is just a one year deal...I have no idea if we were only able to offer the minimum to guys.

Edited by SRV

I just realized Ray is going to be 37 by next season...not that age matter for him since he just runs and shoots, but i wonder how many years we gave him.

3 years. If we're able to repeat or win another in 2 years I doubt he plays that third year.

The NBA should just start combining small market teams to make super teams like Miami and LA.

For instance the San Antonio Trail Grizzlies

PG- Tony Parker/Mike Conley

SG-Tony Allen/Manu Ginobili/OJ Mayo

SF- Rudy Gay/Kawhi Leonard/Stephen Jackson

PF- Larmarcus Aldridge/Zach Randolph

C- Marc Gasol/Tim Duncan

The Spurs are a super team if you think the Heat are a super team. Duncan is better than Bosh, Parker is really damn good, and Manu can put up the same numbers as Wade at this point of their careers.

Edited by SRV

The Spurs are a super team if you think the Heat are a super team. Duncan is better than Bosh, Parker is really damn good, and Manu can put up the same numbers as Wade at this point of their careers.

And you don't even take LeBron into account :D

Spurs were a super team maybe when David Robinson and Duncan were playing, but not in the Manu/Parker era. Duncan was the only guy who started for an all star team during the big three run. Meanwhile, Bosh, LBJ, and Wade are all arguably the best at their position, at least in the conference. Hence, super team.

I view a super team as having more than one player who is number one in the conference/league at his position in your starting lineup.

And how the hell is San Antonio a big market?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the US..how the hell does that make them a small market? Its middle of the road at worst if you only compare it to the really big markets (LA, NY, CHI)

Edited by Flash

Spurs were a super team maybe when David Robinson and Duncan were playing, but not in the Manu/Parker era. Duncan was the only guy who started for an all star team during the big three run.

I agree the Spurs weren't what most would consider a "super-team", but the Manu/Parker Spurs were better than the '99 squad with Robinson still producing 20/10 nightly. They were more well-rounded from '04-'07, and while Manu and Parker never started at an ASG, they were both extremely effective and underrated. Manu was a MONSTER those years, he just never got the recognition for it because he came off the bench, didn't play 40MPG and didn't need to take 22 shots every night. He was fully capable of putting up 25/5/5 a night on strong efficiency.