Nets, Gerald Wallace agree to deal

Guru

I've never been a huge Gerald Wallace fan, but I guess he could be a nice third option if you guys get Williams to stay (which I am about 90% sure he will, at this point) and somehow land Howard.

that is a bargain for what he brings to table

gerald wallace made a play-off team outta the bobcats dont EVER forget

Lol not sure if serious...

The entire contact is guaranteed money. This is one of the dumbest contracts I've seen in a while.

He's 30 years old and entering his 11th season in the league. I've always really liked Wallace, and think he could live up to his contract for the first year or two, but overall it just isn't a good contract at all.

Holy shit, does Pavlov (sp) know how to negotiate? this contract seems like asking price paid with out a thought. The would have been better off shipping out that much money to Batum.

1. Billy King is our GM.

2. Batum is RFA.

3. Dwight Howard wants Nets.

4. Deron will want Nets if 4 happens.

5. Making of a playoff team.

Even if they don't land Howard, the goal for now should be to just keep Deron.

Is Deron/Wallace/Lopez that bad a trio? Does Howard make them THAT much better? This is assuming Lopez is healthy. Add in MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, and is it really that bad of a team to enter next season with?

1. Billy King is our GM.

2. Batum is RFA.

3. Dwight Howard wants Nets.

4. Deron will want Nets if 4 happens.

5. Making of a playoff team.

1. My bad.

2. They still can make him an offer i feel that he would be a better 4 year 40 million dollar bet that GForce.

3. Yes i have heard.

4. What do you mean 4 happens? If Wallace signs a 4 year deal?

5. Ok.

1. My bad.

2. They still can make him an offer i feel that he would be a better 4 year 40 million dollar bet that GForce.

3. Yes i have heard.

4. What do you mean 4 happens? If Wallace signs a 4 year deal?

5. Ok.

I'm a big fan of Batum but if you followed what happened to the Nets the past what two years, you'd understand the game plan. Nets have aimed for LeBron, Carmelo, and all these superstars to end up getting Johan Petro, Jordan Farmar and Travis Outlaw. Wallace is by far better than anyone we have signed in the past couple years and Nets resigned him quickly so the same scenario didn't play out.

Some big risks being taken but least they are trying to compete with the likes of the Lakers, Heat and others finally.

Is Deron/Wallace/Lopez that bad a trio? Does Howard make them THAT much better?

Yes. Dwight's probably the 2nd most valuable/dominant player in the league, assuming he's healthy.

Add in MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, and is it really that bad of a team to enter next season with?

Not at all. But in the long run, overpaying role players, especially ones at the tailend of their prime, is not a smart move. And Dwight has pretty much made it known, through sources and his own words (read Woj's recent article where he said there's only one team I'll resign with), that Brooklyn is where he wants to be. Therefor, Brooklyn has to be shooting for the stars while being smart in how they build what should be a contender for years to come.