Report: Camby S&T to Knicks nearing completion

Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child

Hearing that Marcus Camby sign-and-trade deal to the ‪#Knicks‬ is almost complete; details coming.

Source confirms ‪#Knicks‬ are on verge of acquiring Marcus Camby via sign-and-trade for Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, Dan Gadzuric, JJordan.

Potential extra kicker for Marcus Camby sign-and-trade is potentially the ‪#Knicks‬ also keeping their $3.09 million mid-level exception.

Hate this trade! We already don't have minutes to give what's the point of adding more average/below average players?

Some of the contracts are non-guaranteed (Gadz, Jordan, Jorts), just release them if they don't make the team

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Rockets will get the Knicks' second round picks in 2014 and 2015, source tells Y! The Knicks will pay Toney Douglas' salary in Houston.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Camby has agreed to a three year, $13.2 million deal with the Knicks, source tells Y! The final year includes a partial guarantee

Camby is one of my all time favorites. It was my first ever jersey as a kid. :)

Great news for me...possibly the greatest is that Toney Douglas was apart of this. :lol:

Oh yeah, and I promise I'm done changing my avatar. :D

Essentially they got 2 2nds for facilitating the deal. Knicks are paying Douglas' salary and the others are non-guaranteed.

Yeah, it was actually a good trade for HOU.

This just reminded me. Damn, the Knicks are pretty old with acquiring Kidd and Camby this off season. Lol

Edited by JYD

One assumes Houston only does the S&T to ensure they get something for Camby rather than lose him for nothing.

Not really. Camby was a lock to resign with the Rockets until Goran Dragic skipped town and suddenly the direction Houston was looking to go was drastically changed. With the other two top suitors for Marcus being teams that couldn't outright sign him, Morey saw an opportunity to allocate more assets albeit they are minor ones. Otherwise I think they might have just resigned him.

Just annoys me that we've been looking for a center for years now, finally get one and we trade him away. Don't really care if he's 38 years old, rather have him back in a veteran role than bringing in scrubs and mid 2nd round picks (Morey's track record in the 2nd round is great but still meh). All things considered its a pretty good deal for Houston, normally don't see teams getting that much in a sign and trade. Heck we might not even have a legitimate center if Chicago matches the deal for Asik.

Wish him in luck in New York though, Camby really grew on me in his short time here and that Chandler/Camby rotation at the 5 is nasty.

yes^...except you left out amar'e stoudemire, tyson chandler, and jeremy lin and jason kidd.

this is a fire extinguisher punching injured amare now, nene was better. Chandler was better than birdman so that evens out

kidd is on his last legs and the ty lawson and billips tandom were >>>

so pretty much the nuggets 2.0