Rebuilding the Dynasty

Real Deal

• Owner

Certainly a temporary slogan, but we can stick with it for a while.

I've been up for over 24 hours, absolutely no sleep. I did everything I possibly could to find a backup of our old database, but to no avail. Since it became evident that there was no chance of us recovering our 600,000 posts and 2,200 members, I've flipped the switch and made what I consider mandatory changes.

We are on a new host, running the newest board software. Every player profile page I created will be checked for coding errors. WordPress will be scrapped for our homepage for the time being, and a new and very basic homepage will be created over time. A new skin will be created over time.

Step by step, this place will be rebuilt over time.

But my glass isn't half full right now. It's full. The way I see things, my drive to push you (as a community) straight to the top of the food chain is at its peak. Let me remind you that someone just ripped more than four years of hard work away from this site. There were around 20 members with 8,000 posts, possibly three or four over 20,000.

If there is any one emotion you should be feeling right now, don't let it be anger. Be determined and focused. Every season you spent on OTR following your favorite team for 82 games or more, posting about them, commenting on rumors and big trades, following them to a playoff berth or even a championship, you made a name for yourself within our community of basketball minds. Then, disrespecting you and everyone else here, it's all wiped clean, sitting you aside as a rookie basketball fan once again and pushing you in the back to do something about it.

Since January 2005, we've watched numerous sites fail. Some are hacked. Most are sold. If we're looking for something we've learned over that period of time, it's that there's no way we will break. I know I would carry this site on my back for years, even if we were down to five active posters, because I believe there's nothing that can put us to rest as long as there are leaders and dedicated members.

Right now, I'm looking for leaders and dedicated members. Someone wanted you to find a new home as a rookie. I want you and everyone here to rebuild this place as veterans. There's a very large gap between coming here to stir up trouble, and disrespecting our hard work and dedication over the course of four and a half years.

If you're pissed off, determined, focused, and/or upset at what took place on Friday, welcome back. It's time to do work. :)

• Like 4

Guest NeTs15VC

We'll fight back even stronger guys, still can't believe what happened but I know we are such a close community we'll be back. Starting off with the same name I started with the other OTR with.

• Owner

Haha, Matt...at least we know guest posting works.

I have no idea who did this, since our old host decided not to cooperate and let me read the cPanel logs. But that's irrelevant, because whoever did this took advantage of my mistake: not updating the board, not having a secure host, and enabling scripts on certain parts of the site. So really, the guy shouldn't get any recognition to begin with.

I'm irritated that all the hardwork that every has done has just vanished. But it's already happened and there's most likely nothing any of us can do anymore so I guess it's time to rebuild OTR.

By the way, it's Hypnotix.

This sucks. I was getting somewhat close to 8,000 posts to get my jersey in the hall of fame.

My IP may be different here cause I'm on my friend's computer.

Edited by Legacy

Guest Nissan

Wait, so do we have to start everything all over? The forums 600,000 posts has all been deleted and we won't be getting a skin for a while?

The hacked deleted everything. We have to start all over again. :rules:

• Owner

We need to average almost 700 posts per day to get to a quarter of a million posts in one year. Two years, and we'll be right back at 500,000. That's pretty good, honestly.

All you have to do is endure two more Lakers championships.

We need to average almost 700 posts per day to get to a quarter of a million posts in one year. Two years, and we'll be right back at 500,000. That's pretty good, honestly.

never

Guest Nissan

Just make OTR a Laker site. :(