Rebuilding the Dynasty

Real Deal

Guest Nissan

IPB did very well with this default skin. Very crisp look to it.

Yeah, but the colors are ugly. Purple and gold would look better. ;)

God damn, I didn't even know until a few days ago that this forum got hacked. I feel the deepest of sympathy, because I know exactly how much work it takes to maintain a community. I know that Real Deal is the best administrator out there, if there's someone who can bring a forum to the top it's him. I'll be visiting this place regularly, I'll post whenever I see it's necessary.

It sucks that you guys lost everything but I have always been somebody that thinks post counts and things like that are vastly overrated. It is a horrible forum cliche but I would rather have 10 quality posts than 100 posts of low quality. I couldn't care less about post counts and it is all about the community of posters that are on here. When I look for a forum to post at, I don't even bother to look at how many posts the site has or anything like that, I look at the caliber of discussion and how the community interacts with each other. This is something that OTR excels at. You guys are a tight knit group and don't hold personal grudges (or at least from what I have seen) and you value quality posting over one line, spam type of posts.

You all will bounce back because, although you lost post counts and things like that, you didn't lose any of the members and that is what matters with a forum. You have the exact same core group of posters so things won't be any different if you ask me. If new posters leave because they don't think that this place has a big enough post count on a whole, well those are posters that you probably wouldn't want on your forum anyways.

Then again, it is easy for me to say this because I really didn't have much invested on the previous OTR. I had like 150 posts and didn't spend nearly as much time or energy on here that all of you regulars and the staff on here did, so I may be looking at it in an entirely different way.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I'm actually thankful that our guys came back, despite losing everything. That's the most important part of rebuilding. I can think of a couple of guys I have yet to see re-register, and that's it...and that might be due to slow domain propagation.

But not only did they come back, they also started working right where they left off, twice as hard...and that means a lot to the site.

Putting the forums back up and moving hosts isn't that big of a deal. If I was the only one registered, I'd have to talk to myself and average 2,000 posts a day to match what has been done here in the last 2-3 days.

Brandon, is there a way to get "View New Posts" back? I know theres "View New Content" but after you click to a thread, you won't see the newer posts later on.

?

I miss view new posts. :huh:

• Owner

?

I miss view new posts. :huh:

Not sure. The Rondo/Harris comparison topic has come up three times since I've been checking the "View New Content" link, one for each time a new post was made.

Are we looking at the same link?

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I'm actually thankful that our guys came back, despite losing everything. That's the most important part of rebuilding. I can think of a couple of guys I have yet to see re-register, and that's it...and that might be due to slow domain propagation.

But not only did they come back, they also started working right where they left off, twice as hard...and that means a lot to the site.

Putting the forums back up and moving hosts isn't that big of a deal. If I was the only one registered, I'd have to talk to myself and average 2,000 posts a day to match what has been done here in the last 2-3 days.

No sweat bro, we gon make this forum better then before .. and to that lame that erased our stuff .. he just hating.. prob from real GM or something haha

Haven't been active recently, but what happened? I'm so surprised/shocked/anxious to know what happened. I never seen Brandon fail at putting back up the site. Don't matter though, we're stronger than ever. I gotta get back posting. All the veteran members have to be in this together and provide the foundation for the new OTR. I'll open up photoshop or something and try to help with any designs.

But I really want to get updated on what has happened.

I love how everything is back up, such as the hot girls thread, Posting milestones, etc.

Basically the exterior has changed, but the interior, which is what truly counts is still together.

The banners, post numbers, all that doesn't matter. It's the members that count.

Exactly. I love it. It's like on the basketball court, your defender talks [expletive], the more you burn him.

Same with any other analogy.

Oh yeah, we are back full force! Glad you made it back to HWP :D

• 2 years later...