Life After Death?

Look at terrorism, mass destruction, etc. as the result of decisions made by the creation. God doesn't control the decisions of any individual, whether it's the average man or someone who is pushing to cause terror. That's one of the principles of this life being a test. It wouldn't be a proper test if the creator set his creation on earth and then directly managed the decision-making of that creation. We all have a moment of birth and a moment of death, and all the time in between is for us to make the decisions we feel are right. People who live lives full of doing wrong and causing harm will face the proper consequences, and people who fall victim harmful acts and endure hardships will be judged fairly as well. So it isn't that God is turning away from anyone. It's completely the opposite. God is at everyone's side and knows what is best for everyone, whether the better days lie in this life or in the next (or both). The test of this life may very well include being wronged by another individual or group, or it may just be a test directly from God (for example, the passing of a loved one). Either way, every part of the test is significant toward the afterlife.

Another great post.. you've got to be the most well-spoken 16 year old on the internet haha

• Like 1

I respect everyone's opinion as it makes us humans that we can have our own views but I feel people are hurting each other over something that shouldn't even be a factor.

Egyptians prayed to sun gods, water gods and all that stuff and then years later a book was created. So much has been discovered since then and it's awful to think people pray to a unknown force when so much terror happens in this world. You see on the news when someone gets shot or in an accident they say he's in a better place but he isn't, his life is complete. What irks me the most is to see athletes like James "thank goo" or "am so blessed" when it has to do with genetics, training and a little luck.

It's interesting to note, and I don't have any sources, but many of the stories of the bible were actually told hundreds of years before their time, stolen from different religions.

It's also interesting how before we were traveling the worlds... Egyptian gods looked like Egyptians (or animals haha), Indian gods looked like Indians, Chinese gods looked like the Chinese, etc. Coincidence?

• Owner
You said he's patient and willing, which means he's CHOOSING to let these people suffer. I'm not twisting your words at all. If he was an all-loving god, he wouldn't pick and choose his favorites.

There are a little under two deaths on Earth every second, and 150,000+ per day. Do you expect him to save every single person? You're right, he's an all-loving god, and he doesn't pick and choose. Living on Earth is about free will, and how you live your life AND impact those around you...that's what you'll be judged for when the time comes.

Sit back and imagine a world that knew, for a fact, that God existed...and not only that, but he was saving every life on Earth. Not taking into account how crowded it would be, you're basically going to see a planet full of mindless drones. The world would be so perfect, you really wouldn't have a purpose, at that point.

Egyptians prayed to sun gods, water gods and all that stuff and then years later a book was created.

The general idea is that there were "gods" or some sort of a higher power, a creator. Much like a story you and I could tell someone, then have them pass it down to a line of 30 different people...how things took shape on this Earth, over that course of time...those stories were probably misunderstood by other cultures, even slightly, which is why you see multiple religions/beliefs in numerous different books. Maybe a "Water God" was Jesus Christ walking on water, and as years passed (and not just years, but centuries), that story, and all that followed it, were translated differently. Pictures were created to tell a story, and eventually, those pictures and shapes were all transferred to books.

You see on the news when someone gets shot or in an accident they say he's in a better place but he isn't, his life is complete.

But you're as much sure of this as you are about how the universe was created, because none of us have experienced absolute death (that we know of). See, science is about presenting facts...so why would a scientist come out and say that he/she knows the final result of death? Visually, you're just a body...but what you present in happiness, sadness, among many other emotions and reactions...you're a soul. One can basically "regenerate life" using apple seeds, and if scientists claim this universe was created from a Big Bang, life is indeed life, and that means scientists can't rule out life after death for humans, as much as they can't for other things on this Earth.

It's interesting to note, and I don't have any sources, but many of the stories of the bible were actually told hundreds of years before their time, stolen from different religions.

It's also interesting how before we were traveling the worlds... Egyptian gods looked like Egyptians (or animals haha), Indian gods looked like Indians, Chinese gods looked like the Chinese, etc. Coincidence?

If you take an all-black culture from centuries ago, and look at their pictures (nothing else), without any knowledge of God or a god...you'd have to assume that a picture of God (or a god) would be the same skin color. Language was created by man, and interpretation? Created by man.

--------------

Like I've said many times before, I fail to see how we all came from something that didn't involve a designer. Our bodies, everything around us, were designed to function perfectly together, with the perfect Earth and its atmosphere and resources, perfect distance from the sun and moon to support life (MUCH unlike any other planet we've ever discovered). I find it hard to believe that particles around me can't collide and create before my very eyes...never witnessed by anyone, ever, in any open environment.

Puzzling to me.

• Like 1

There are a little under two deaths on Earth every second, and 150,000+ per day. Do you expect him to save every single person? You're right, he's an all-loving god, and he doesn't pick and choose. Living on Earth is about free will, and how you live your life AND impact those around you...that's what you'll be judged for when the time comes.

Sit back and imagine a world that knew, for a fact, that God existed...and not only that, but he was saving every life on Earth. Not taking into account how crowded it would be, you're basically going to see a planet full of mindless drones. The world would be so perfect, you really wouldn't have a purpose, at that point.

If you take an all-black culture from centuries ago, and look at their pictures (nothing else), without any knowledge of God or a god...you'd have to assume that a picture of God (or a god) would be the same skin color. Language was created by man, and interpretation? Created by man.

--------------

Like I've said many times before, I fail to see how we all came from something that didn't involve a designer. Our bodies, everything around us, were designed to function perfectly together, with the perfect Earth and its atmosphere and resources, perfect distance from the sun and moon to support life (MUCH unlike any other planet we've ever discovered). I find it hard to believe that particles around me can't collide and create before my very eyes...never witnessed by anyone, ever, in any open environment.

Puzzling to me.

Why would we be mindless drones? Human would still have free will, religion would just be one more thing we wouldn't have to go to war about.

Actually scientists discover exoplanets almost every day, and there are many planets inside a star's habitual zone, or zone in which it could theoretically support life. The earth is only unique in how we perceive science today - basically, when we find earth-like planets (which we have found many), soon we'll realize that we aren't special. We're in an average shaped galaxy in a slightly below average sized star on a medium sized planet that happens to fall inside the star's habitable zone. There's probably millions of earth-like planets in our own galaxy. We're not special.

• Owner

Why would we be mindless drones? Human would still have free will, religion would just be one more thing we wouldn't have to go to war about.

No, humans wouldn't have free will, because if God (or a god) was intervening that much, there would be no struggle...and there's no point of free will. A man, diving off a 10-story building, would be saved...and that is just one example of his free will being ripped away.

Actually scientists discover exoplanets almost every day, and there are many planets inside a star's habitual zone, or zone in which it could theoretically support life. The earth is only unique in how we perceive science today - basically, when we find earth-like planets (which we have found many), soon we'll realize that we aren't special. We're in an average shaped galaxy in a slightly below average sized star on a medium sized planet that happens to fall inside the star's habitable zone. There's probably millions of earth-like planets in our own galaxy. We're not special.

Extrasolar planets aren't perfect for life, though...and out of the 750 or so we've found outside of the solar system (I'm sure the number has grown a bit more), we have only found exoplanets that are similar to the others in our solar system...not necessarily Earth, and when we do find something close, it's only because it shares a similar property. Us humans all have similar body temperatures, but we aren't the same. My green eyes are like my cousin's, but she's a female with blonde hair.

Words like "theoretically" and "probably" are also words that scientists want to avoid at all costs, whether they want to admit it or not. If a scientist were to acknowledge an unknown form of life outside of the Earth, he would really have to acknowledge the possibility of a higher power...and, in that case, a god. Theories are based on assumed facts, but we all know that assumed facts have been manipulated and changing for years in the field of science.

I can never compare a comic book, or a fairy tale, to religion. We know exactly where Batman came from, who created him, and when. Nobody has a clue who has written about the first god, or who claims to have seen one, etc...and Batman was created with everyone's knowledge that he was a fictional character. Far different. What if someone really did see a higher power building pyramids that are so massive and well-constructed, it's impossible to imagine it being done by your average human?

There are far too many unexplained events that science will never fully dig into. Things just don't happen, not with this kind of design, not this complex. We have billions of people, hundreds of testimonies, and still no answers to how this all started, if there's life on other planets, if there's another Earth with humans, if we can create life out of nothing, etc.

It all goes back to this: if I was God, and I wrote my story and handed it to multiple people to translate (or I created a story by walking the Earth during that time)...you could go thousands of years into the future and see that the story shares the same ideas (ex. a higher power). But, it was manipulated and altered to fit the understanding of that particular culture, creating multiple religions and, thus, making some believe that this is all a hoax. A hoax...that some genius actually sat down at a table, thousands of years ago, and wrote what is the greatest collection of books on Earth...and that "story" (whether it's fact or fictional) actually persuaded nearly an entire planet to believe in something that most had never seen before (again, if this was created by a typical human).

It's just very hard to imagine that.

• Like 2

this life after death crap being perfect just irks me off

firstly what if you got divorced your in heaven and your ex wife who you love is there with her new man

u arent gonna feel so happy then

or

what if you made it to heaven but close friends went to hell

or

u cant be happy 24/7 period. there is no eternal happiness

Multiple holy books once contained identical messages. Since then, all of these books, with the exception of one, have been altered significantly by humans, but numerous connections can still be made between all of those religious texts.

Edited by #HelloBrooklyn

Puzzling to me.

The problem is we don't function perfectly together and religion is one of the leading causes.

Puzzling to me.

It's puzzling to everyone lol.

But I don't believe there was a "designer" involved, or at least a conscience one. I believe that there was some kind of energy that started everything. How that energy came to be from nothing, and how were the elements of that energy produced...no idea. There are some hypothesis out there, but it's something we may never know. However, I feel after that energy was released and the universes were formed, I think everything after that was evolution. As different events kept happening, forms of life had to adapt and change to their environments in order to live, and that chain of actions is how I believe humans came to develop to what we are today.

BTW, there was a planet as close to Earth as we've ever seen discovered recently (few months ago). Everything except the temperature (which was like 150 degrees or something) was on par with Earth. There are so many galaxies and shit that we haven't closely analyzed...I fimrly believe there are many planets with different kinds of species', and probably a few with species that have a conscience and intelligence similar to humans.

Multiple holy books once contained identical messages. Since then, all of these books, with the exception of one, have been altered significantly by humans, but numerous connections can still be made between all of those religious texts.

So if many of these stories are relatively similar, the only gap being the geography of where the religions started, would you still be the same faith that you are today if you were born in say, India, Israel, or Italy?

No, humans wouldn't have free will, because if God (or a god) was intervening that much, there would be no struggle...and there's no point of free will. A man, diving off a 10-story building, would be saved...and that is just one example of his free will being ripped away.

Makes sense.

Extrasolar planets aren't perfect for life, though...and out of the 750 or so we've found outside of the solar system (I'm sure the number has grown a bit more), we have only found exoplanets that are similar to the others in our solar system...not necessarily Earth, and when we do find something close, it's only because it shares a similar property. Us humans all have similar body temperatures, but we aren't the same. My green eyes are like my cousin's, but she's a female with blonde hair.

Literally every single year that passes by, scientists find more and more exoplanets than the previous years. Science is evolving, and we're using many more methods of discovering these planets than we knew about years ago.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/files/2011/09/exocount1.gif

In the next 10 years alone, we'll have discovered thousands of planets outside our own solar system. It's foolish to think Earth will be the only planet in the Universe that harbors life. Your eyes might be different than your cousin's, but in the end they serve the same purpose.

Words like "theoretically" and "probably" are also words that scientists want to avoid at all costs, whether they want to admit it or not. If a scientist were to acknowledge an unknown form of life outside of the Earth, he would really have to acknowledge the possibility of a higher power...and, in that case, a god. Theories are based on assumed facts, but we all know that assumed facts have been manipulated and changing for years in the field of science.

If scientists were to find life outside of Earth, it would open the door for other discoveries of life as we know it. Finding a common factor of that planet and Earth, be it the atmosphere, ground conditions, or what have you... Life started on Earth, and life started on another planet, has to have a common scientific ancestor.

The theory of gravity is just that.. a theory. Go test it out and see if it changes. Gravity exists whether you believe it or not.

I can never compare a comic book, or a fairy tale, to religion. We know exactly where Batman came from, who created him, and when. Nobody has a clue who has written about the first god, or who claims to have seen one, etc...and Batman was created with everyone's knowledge that he was a fictional character. Far different. What if someone really did see a higher power building pyramids that are so massive and well-constructed, it's impossible to imagine it being done by your average human?

Give credit where credit is due. The Egyptians were years ahead of their time in many aspects of their daily life.

There are far too many unexplained events that science will never fully dig into. Things just don't happen, not with this kind of design, not this complex. We have billions of people, hundreds of testimonies, and still no answers to how this all started, if there's life on other planets, if there's another Earth with humans, if we can create life out of nothing, etc.

It all goes back to this: if I was God, and I wrote my story and handed it to multiple people to translate (or I created a story by walking the Earth during that time)...you could go thousands of years into the future and see that the story shares the same ideas (ex. a higher power). But, it was manipulated and altered to fit the understanding of that particular culture, creating multiple religions and, thus, making some believe that this is all a hoax. A hoax...that some genius actually sat down at a table, thousands of years ago, and wrote what is the greatest collection of books on Earth...and that "story" (whether it's fact or fictional) actually persuaded nearly an entire planet to believe in something that most had never seen before (again, if this was created by a typical human).

It's just very hard to imagine that.

Why is it that hard to imagine? Have you ever played a game of telephone? Imagine a 2000 year old game of telephone, started by some crazy people who thought the world was flat 2000 years ago. Seem plausible now?

I have to ask you this - when you were going through your rough patch with your eyes, and you had all those surgeries in order to save them, was it an act of god saving your eyes, or the work of a medical doctor who's spent decades in school preparing to save his patient?

Edited by trutrojan8

Of course theres life after death. It going to be the perfect life if you go to heaven with God. My best friend is a very Christian man he told me it say in the bible that theres life.

What if Bigfoot told you you'd go to Hell if you didn't believe in him?

this life after death crap being perfect just irks me off

firstly what if you got divorced your in heaven and your ex wife who you love is there with her new man

u arent gonna feel so happy then

or

what if you made it to heaven but close friends went to hell

or

u cant be happy 24/7 period. there is no eternal happiness

1. If you are divorced and are not with a woman I believe God will give you a single woman up in heaven so you can be happy.

2. If your good friends went to hell you should move on.. I mean- You prob meet famous people you looked up to when you were little or George Washington or Martin King Luther. Just think about it you can chat with these people. Heaven after life going to be so BIGGG.

What if Bigfoot told you you'd go to Hell if you didn't believe in him?

lol. Its common sense only way I'll go to hell if I take a knife and kill somebody you know the story. Also I believe you can't go to heaven if you accept Jesus as your savior because he died for our sins so we have to accept him if we want to go though God.

• Owner

I have to ask you this - when you were going through your rough patch with your eyes, and you had all those surgeries in order to save them, was it an act of god saving your eyes, or the work of a medical doctor who's spent decades in school preparing to save his patient?

The medical doctor, and I thank God for providing us all with free will.

I'm not a religious freak. I don't think praying to God heals me. I will be honest: I'm not really sure if I believe in miracles. However, I'm thankful that the road my doctor walked to get where he is today was one that he chose to travel, and that I was fortunate enough to pick him among a crowd of eye doctors. I give 100% credit to him, for the hard work he dedicated his life to, to land the career he has.

With God in full control of everything, preventing sicknesses and diseases, my doctor...well, he wouldn't be a doctor. In fact, in that case, I doubt doctors would even exist...and again, that's where free will comes into play.

• Like 1

lol. Its common sense only way I'll go to hell if I take a knife and kill somebody you know the story. Also I believe you can't go to heaven if you accept Jesus as your savior because he died for our sins so we have to accept him if we want to go though God.

Have you ever lied? Stolen anything? Said the lord's name in vain?

To god, you are a lying thief who swears on his name.. why would he want you in heaven?

The medical doctor, and I thank God for providing us all with free will.

I'm not a religious freak. I don't think praying to God heals me. I will be honest: I'm not really sure if I believe in miracles. However, I'm thankful that the road my doctor walked to get where he is today was one that he chose to travel, and that I was fortunate enough to pick him among a crowd of eye doctors. I give 100% credit to him, for the hard work he dedicated his life to, to land the career he has.

With God in full control of everything, preventing sicknesses and diseases, my doctor...well, he wouldn't be a doctor. In fact, in that case, I doubt doctors would even exist...and again, that's where free will comes into play.

Respect this... one of my biggest peeves is how some Christians will thank god if a doctor saves a patient, but blames the doctor if the patient dies. I'm glad you're not like that haha

• Owner

Have you ever lied? Stolen anything? Said the lord's name in vain?

To god, you are a lying thief who swears on his name.. why would he want you in heaven?

This is something else I question. I think a lot of the Bible has been misinterpreted over time, altered so much. Some of these punishments mentioned in the Bible don't exactly fit into place, and I'm almost in line to say that different cultures, over time, had a big influence on these written words...whatever book you or I decide to read.

Of course, we aren't going to stone someone to death...but maybe that was ideal for a particular culture thousands of years ago.

The Earth being 6,000 years old (according to the Bible)...well, I'd like to know when all of this was first written/translated (not just the Bible, but well before that), and even deeper into the equation, how long was the Earth inhabited before it was written? How did anyone have any knowledge of how long the Earth existed in the first place? These are the words of God, of course, but again, I'm one to point out that things may have been translated poorly over time, some even from the start.

• Like 1

This is something else I question. I think a lot of the Bible has been misinterpreted over time, altered so much. Some of these punishments mentioned in the Bible don't exactly fit into place, and I'm almost in line to say that different cultures, over time, had a big influence on these written words...whatever book you or I decide to read.

Of course, we aren't going to stone someone to death...but maybe that was ideal for a particular culture thousands of years ago.

The Earth being 6,000 years old (according to the Bible)...well, I'd like to know when all of this was first written/translated (not just the Bible, but well before that), and even deeper into the equation, how long was the Earth inhabited before it was written? How did anyone have any knowledge of how long the Earth existed in the first place? These are the words of God, of course, but again, I'm one to point out that things may have been translated poorly over time, some even from the start.

A fact is something that's indisputable, meaning there's only one answer, one truth. If the bible has multiple interpretations, then it isn't fact, it's disputable, and therefore the bible is not a fact.