The Random Thread v2

Real Deal

Brandon, also known as Real Deal, realdealbneal, and Smelly Neal, owes us all a public apology for posting misinformation in the form of a false rumor that the Kings are potentially moving to Virginia Beach. He then subtly used his administrator powers to delete the topic and keep his record clean. Abuse of power.

But he had MULTIPLE sources

The act is getting tiring...I hope you realize that.

It won't be just one member sent out, either. The site will move on, regardless of who it is, like we have for over seven years now.

I truly am done stepping in and trying to keep guys around, though. It has been the one thing I have done far too much of over the years, and our activity has dipped significantly partially because the newer members don't feel welcome here. They don't have enough time to try and "fit in" before getting ran out the door by veteran members who, quite frankly, feel like this community should disable new registrations so they can all joke around most of the time they are on here.

I've been disappointed with our outlook for a while now...and now, I'm going to pass the ball and watch the staff go to work.

Can't wait. Just hope those members are dealt with sooner rather than later.

Senior year in high school lol. I don't want to move on to college but at the same time I do haha. Mixed feelings.

College is freedom. With freedom comes responsibility.

In high school, you are still basically told everything to do. When to take notes, when to go to class, when to eat lunch, etc... In college, everything you are in control of, and if you don't take responsibility you can destroy your semester without the professor even saying a word to you the entire time. They grade you and that's it, although most professors will take the time to help you if you reach out for it. In high school, it is a lot more structured and they will get at you from the get-go if you are cutting class, have poor grades, etc...

Personally, the college lifestyle is better, but the actual classes are a real bitch.

How exactly can NBA officials determine a backcourt violation or eight-second violation if the player bringing up the ball is running over the logo at center court, where there is no clear line to divide the two halves?

Whether the player has his/her foot over the center court line or not.

College is freedom. With freedom comes responsibility.

In high school, you are still basically told everything to do. When to take notes, when to go to class, when to eat lunch, etc... In college, everything you are in control of, and if you don't take responsibility you can destroy your semester without the professor even saying a word to you the entire time. They grade you and that's it, although most professors will take the time to help you if you reach out for it. In high school, it is a lot more structured and they will get at you from the get-go if you are cutting class, have poor grades, etc...

Personally, the college lifestyle is better, but the actual classes are a real bitch.

This is very true, and my first year of college was so amazing and new to me that I now realize I may have wasted an entire year by taking classes I didn't need just because I wanted more time to goof off rather than learn. I kept putting off difficult classes and now I have them all grouped together in the same semester.

Edited by SRV