The Random Thread v2

Real Deal

I really don't get it though. Was no other team really interested in getting Gonzalez?

Not as simple as that. Boston wanted to free themselves of Beckett's and Crawford's contracts, and L.A. wouldn't do it unless they were receiving talent in the form of Gonzalez. At least that's what I understand. Any team that wanted A-Gon would have needed to take on the other salaries or returned heavy value in some other form. Boston's main intention was to clean off the salary commitments, so they would have probably required the former.

Edited by #HelloBrooklyn

ok so even if the Dodgers just wanted to claim him, Boston can just say, "nah nevermind, we're not gonna waive him!"? Sounds like a broken system to me, but it is the MLB after all. I'm completely okay with a system where Boston can waive him and a team can pick him up if they take on his salary, but making them turn it into a trade and included a bunch of other stuff makes it sound dumb imo

Edited by Lkr

ok so even if the Dodgers just wanted to claim him, Boston can just say, "nah nevermind, we're not gonna waive him!"? Sounds like a broken system to me, but it is the MLB after all

Yes. Teams do this with dozens of players every year. Because you don't understand something doesn't make it broken ;)

Yes. Teams do this with dozens of players every year. Because you don't understand something doesn't make it broken ;)

well what is the point of having a trade deadline then if teams can just get around it doing this? it just seems a bit weird and makes waivers pointless

well what is the point of having a trade deadline then if teams can just get around it doing this? it just seems a bit weird and makes waivers pointless

Because a player has to make it through all the bad teams to the good team who wants them, who then only have 2 days to work out a trade (talking before or after results in tampering), or a player can be released outright, pulled back, sent to the minors, etc etc etc. It's an intricate process and I love it.

I still remember when the Yankees claimed/traded for Canseco just so he wouldn't make it to Boston, who was higher up the waiver ranking. Stuff like that makes it even more interesting.

Because a player has to make it through all the bad teams to the good team who wants them, who then only have 2 days to work out a trade (talking before or after results in tampering), or a player can be released outright, pulled back, sent to the minors, etc etc etc. It's an intricate process and I love it.

I still remember when the Yankees claimed/traded for Canseco just so he wouldn't make it to Boston, who was higher up the waiver ranking. Stuff like that makes it even more interesting.

i guess. just seems a bit strange, but some of your reasons make it sound useful.

James Harden going hard at his b-day party.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/553812_464091176957484_1554087156_n.jpg

Here's a pic of the stripper that was there. She put in a good nights work lol.

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/b6b3e716ecb311e1b28822000a1c9e1a_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/ef7f80a8e6ac11e18bf022000a1d035d_7.jpg

• Like 1

James Harden going hard at his b-day party.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/553812_464091176957484_1554087156_n.jpg

Here's a pic of the stripper that was there. She put in a good nights work lol.

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/b6b3e716ecb311e1b28822000a1c9e1a_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/ef7f80a8e6ac11e18bf022000a1d035d_7.jpg

Maliah is A"ss"mazing !

Im becoming an old man with my shitty right knee....what did I ever do to deserve this, aside from tear my ACL which is extremely common lol

Dont need to get it drained, the pain just comes and goes...back when I couldn't even stand up without feeling like crap is when I needed to get it drained.

Edited by SRV

Im becoming an old man with my shitty right knee....what did I ever do to deserve this, aside from tear my ACL which is extremely common lol

Dont need to get it drained, the pain just comes and goes...back when I couldn't even stand up without feeling like crap is when I needed to get it drained.

You're probably developing arthritis in that knee, and it's only going to get worse over time. Did the Dr.'s send you for any physical therapy after your surgery? I would seriously look into seeing a corrective care chiropractor for your knee. In the chiropractor office I work in I've seen my Dr. do wonders for patients who've had serious knee issues, and they are far older than you. Never too late to reverse some of that damage.

Yea, I knew about the risk of my knee getting crappy, I had two doctors tell me and I am planning on getting surgery, I just have no free time to do it. I was told I would be on crutches for like 6 weeks, maybe more, and I need to be able to drive to school, walk to class, and all that stuff. I am planning on being a physical therapist, and I have to work some hours with a physical therapist to get into the program, so I am hoping to group that together at some point in the next year or two.