The Random Thread v2

Real Deal

Guy on Reddit proposes an awesome ending to The Simpsons:

The show begins with the family watching Itchy and Scratchy. They announce that the show is coming to an end and the entire family gasps in horror. They then announce that the last episode will be aired in a years time, and until then, a contest will be running; this contest will offer the winner the chance to write what will happen in the finale. The entire Simpson family applies.

Krusty is in charge of choosing the winner. He falls in love with one of the Simpson's idea and puts it in winners box. He makes a mistake though, he puts all five of their ideas in the box by accident. He goes on his show to announce the winner and pulls out five cards out of the box. Stumped, he reads all five names out, "Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie."

Flash forward a year later and Bart is in class describing his take on the Itchy and Scratchy finale to Milhouse, while showing us Itchy and Scratchy with Bart's voice-over. He finishes and the class is silent, Edna Krabappel is staring at him and says, "After-school detention." The scene then cuts to the power plant and Homer is describing his finale to Lenny and Carl. He finishes, a bell rings and he gets in a radiation suit. The scene cuts to a supermarket and Marge is describing her take to Helen Lovejoy, she finishes and strolls Maggie in the trolley to another aisle. Here, Maggie sees the unibrow baby and starts describing her take via waving and motioning. She finishes and the scene cuts to Lisa, she begins describing her take to Sherri and Terri. She finishes and picks up her saxophone to go to music practice. She walks in the music room sits down and then sees the time. She realises the show is going to be on in ten minutes. She plays the Itchy and Scratchy melody on her sax and bolts out. It cuts to Bart, he's writing on the black board: "I will not talk in class ever again" he hears a bell, realises the time and runs out. Cut to Homer holding some plutonium at a conveyor belt when a bell rings at the plant and he too realises the time and runs off, dropping some plutonium. Cut to the supermarket and we see Marge and Maggie checking out and running through the exit doors. Cut to a birds eye view of their home and we see everyone rushing to take a seat in the couch. They look at each other, they smile, the Itchy and Scratchy music plays, and it cuts to credits.

I thought the MLB had a trade deadline?

If a player is waived, any team may claim him. If more than one team claims the player from waivers, the team with the weakest record in the player's league gets preference. If no team in the player's league claims him, the claiming team with the weakest record in the other league gets preference. In the first month of the season, preference is determined using the previous year's standings.

If a team claims a player off waivers and has a viable claim as described above, his current team (the "waiving team") may choose one of the following options:

• arrange a trade with the claiming team for that player within two business days of the claim; or
  • rescind the request and keep the player on its major league roster, effectively canceling the waiver; or
  • do nothing and allow the claiming team to assume the player's existing contract, pay the waiving team a waiver fee, and place the player on its active major league roster.

• Like 1

If a player is waived, any team may claim him. If more than one team claims the player from waivers, the team with the weakest record in the player's league gets preference. If no team in the player's league claims him, the claiming team with the weakest record in the other league gets preference. In the first month of the season, preference is determined using the previous year's standings.

If a team claims a player off waivers and has a viable claim as described above, his current team (the "waiving team") may choose one of the following options:

• arrange a trade with the claiming team for that player within two business days of the claim; or
  • rescind the request and keep the player on its major league roster, effectively canceling the waiver; or
  • do nothing and allow the claiming team to assume the player's existing contract, pay the waiving team a waiver fee, and place the player on its active major league roster.

Thanks... I was so confused as to how this BOS/LAD thing was even happening. :lol:

lol why did so many members sign up on that exact day 3 years ago?

A coincidence, I guess. BTW, that record (for most new member signups in a day) has been broken on today's date:

http://i.imgur.com/69wYz.png

Sadly, none of those guys stayed active. :(

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

Sick scene from 'Max. Overdrive':

http://i.imgur.com/dDwU1.gif

That is actually from Deathproof, half of the Grindhouse feature from 2007

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn80/SamanthaR22/Randomness/Deathproof.gif

Really good movie. Planet Terror, too.

• Owner

RD just made it sound like Jesus's 2nd coming and Yugo was the only causality? EL-OH-EL

So, if you're disrespecting ANY members by calling them out in topics, purposely botching their names, posting slight racial slurs, insinuating that they are not intelligent enough to post on this site...then you will be handed a heavy suspension that will last until January 2013.
Layman's terms: if I sense you don't give a damn about this post, or what can potentially happen to your account for a few months, there's a strong chance you won't post here ever again. I don't want any PM's, I don't want any Facebook or Twitter messages, nothing on AIM. After this post, I'm assuming your issues will be resolved, and if you can't deal with that on your own, go ahead and turn your back on this basketball community and take a hike.

And what it meant was that, once another incident takes place, pretty much anyone that is involved will be considered a problem, and there will be no more warnings. Topics won't be locked with us assuming we just all move along.

Whether or not the topic was effective...well, I guess that remains to be seen. Looks like it's working right now.

• Like 2

I wondered the same thing, it is going to completely miss us, but I wont complain lol

we have class monday but i highly everything will be closed on tuesday/wednesday. i don't understand why we have it tomorrow when most people need to prepare, but oh well. it is probably to enforce the mandatory first day attendance policy :lol:

I really don't get it though. Was no other team really interested in getting Gonzalez?

I really don't get it though. Was no other team really interested in getting Gonzalez?

He does have a massive contract, not many teams in baseball can afford to give those out. Not to mention, the prospect load for him would have had to be huge for any team not taking Beckett and Crawford as well.