Kobe or LeBron

Diesel

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeBron, you cant use rings when one player is 7 years older and had a prime Shaq on his team.

LeBron is better at everything than Kobe except shooting and defending.

And he will be up there with Kobe on those 2 with some discipline and practice.

What's with you guys saying Kobe has more hunger than LeBron? Can you guys prove this to me? And as for the rings arguement, that is bull[expletive]. Even if they were at the same age, one player can't win a ring. You can't use rings for "who is the better individual player?" You can use rings if you want to argue who the better team is. So let's leave the rings out of this.

I think LeBron had the better individual year, but I think Kobe right now is the better overall player. LeBron will catch him soon, but not quite yet.

Guest Nissan

Who won the championship this year? Who beat the team that eliminated LeBron's team in the playoffs?

Kobe is the most complete player in the NBA.

Team USA won gold last summer because of Kobe. LeBron and Wade started playing defense because of Kobe.

Who won the championship this year? Who beat the team that eliminated LeBron's team in the playoffs?

The Lakers did... What does this have to do with anything?

Team USA won gold last summer because of Kobe. LeBron and Wade started playing defense because of Kobe.

:)

Kobe is the most complete player in the NBA.

All these point are irrelevant.

If LeBron had Kobe's teammates and coach he could have won it with no problem. who beat the team that eliminated lebron's team? lolz.

USA would have won gold without Kobe.

Guest Nissan

All these point are irrelevant.

If LeBron had Kobe's teammates and coach he could have won it with no problem. who beat the team that eliminated lebron's team? lolz.

USA would have won gold without Kobe.

LMAO! Go watch the Final game vs. Spain again. Who took over in the final minutes?

Excuses like always... LeBron makes his teammates better. :rolleyes:

Did LeBron win gold without Kobe? lol

LMAO! Go watch the Final game vs. Spain again. Who took over in the final minutes?

Excuses like always... LeBron makes his teammates better. :)

Did LeBron win gold without Kobe? lol

I watched the finals vs Spain, the lead was like 8 at the lowest and kobe just hit a few shots and the game was pretty much over, if Kobe wasnt taking those shots, it would have been someone else hitting them.

Excuses? Where did I use an excuse? Get your nose out of Real Deal's [expletive] for once and actually read what I say.

"Did LeBron win gold without Kobe". Lol neither of them won gold without eachother, stfu.

• Owner

Kobe is the only player in the league required to make his teammates better. When they perform poorly, fingers point to him. When LeBron's teammates don't shoot the ball well, it's because they were never good in the first place. People seem to forget what happened 2-3 years ago, and all the things that were said about how Michael Jordan was making Paxson, Armstrong and Kerr better players, and how Kobe wasn't getting it done because he didn't do just that.

Despite LeBron having better numbers in the clutch, you give the ball to Kobe before you do LeBron if you want to win the game. Kobe demands more defensive attention further from the rim, so his shooting percentage will be lower in the clutch. Someone posted some clutch stats of Reggie Miller before, not sure where they got them or where that post was, but because Reggie demanded all the attention on the floor, his shooting percentages in the clutch were actually a bit lower than other players' stats, but we know who would get the ball at the end of a game.

Kobe has no glaring weakness in his game. You give me one. LeBron has no post game. His jumper is still suspect, especially when contested by longer defenders. His footwork is nowhere near Bryant's.

You take the player that has no weaknesses in his game. It's Kobe. For a 6-6 205-pound guard that plays far away from the rim and dominates the ball, his rebounding and assist numbers are pretty solid.

Give me a weakness in Kobe's game, and I'll give you a weakness in LeBron's. We'll go with that until one of us has no answers. I can assure you that I won't be the first to stop.

Whoa, you can make polls public AND you can allow for members to delete their votes and re-vote. Crazy.

You can also make it to reveal who voted for what <_<

Let's look at these stats:

Season		G	GS	MP	FG	FGA	FG%	3P	3PA	3P%	FT	FTA	FT%	ORB	DRB	TRB	AST	STL	BLK	TOV	PF	PTS
2003-04		79	79	39.5	7.9	18.9	0.417	0.8	2.7	0.29	4.4	5.8	0.754	1.3	4.2	5.5	5.9	1.6	0.7	3.5	1.9	20.9
2004-05		80	80	42.4	9.9	21.1	0.472	1.4	3.9	0.351	6	8	0.75	1.4	6	7.4	7.2	2.2	0.7	3.3	1.8	27.2
2005-06		79	79	42.5	11.1	23.1	0.48	1.6	4.8	0.335	7.6	10.3	0.738	0.9	6.1	7	6.6	1.6	0.8	3.3	2.3	31.4
2006-07		78	78	40.9	9.9	20.8	0.476	1.3	4	0.319	6.3	9	0.698	1.1	5.7	6.7	6	1.6	0.7	3.2	2.2	27.3
2007-08		75	74	40.4	10.6	21.9	0.484	1.5	4.8	0.315	7.3	10.3	0.712	1.8	6.1	7.9	7.2	1.8	1.1	3.4	2.2	30
2008-09		81	81	37.7	9.7	19.9	0.489	1.6	4.7	0.344	7.3	9.4	0.78	1.3	6.3	7.6	7.2	1.7	1.1	3	1.7	28.4
Career		472	471	40.6	9.8	20.9	0.471	1.4	4.1	0.328	6.5	8.8	0.738	1.3	5.7	7	6.7	1.8	0.9	3.3	2	27.5

When you look at the past two years, what has LeBron actually gotten immensely better at? Dropped two less points a game with the same rebound, assist, steal, and block numbers. Even though his defense steadily improved, right?

I didn't see any man-on-man, defensive footwork improvements. I saw highlighted recovery blocks (which were great, but not more than what he was already doing). I saw an uptick in defensive intensity, but that alone does not mean that leaps and bounds have or will be taken.

LeBron is a great player, but Kobe is still that dood. Two straight playoffs averaging 30, 5, and 5. These past two years are for the annals...Olympic qualifying, winning MVP and taking team to the Finals, winning the Gold Medal, then winning Finals MVP. All with a finger that needs surgery. All supposedly out of his prime. I can't wait to see him come back this coming season after having a break during the summer. Should be pretty scary for the league.

LeBron AND Dwyane will constantly be fighting for that top position in a 3-4 years. Kobe will still be at the top until then.