Kobe or LeBron

Diesel

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

May be a homer vote, but LeBron plays the game better. Right now at this time he is much more explosive and has better basketball IQ. Don't get me wrong, Kobe's is great, but LeBron does certain things that I've never seen before.

He is more explosive, but there's absolutely no chance in this lifetime that LeBron's basketball IQ surpasses Kobe's.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The better player now is Kobe, he has the killer instinct and can take over a game whenever he wants something that LeBron can't do.

Game 5 against the Pistons, did you hear about that? Last person to score for the Cavs was Big Z in the fourth with 8 minutes left, guess who took the game to overtime and then who won it? That's just one example, and an amazing one at that.

Excuses like always... LeBron makes his teammates better

Wasn't this year's team basically the same from last year aside from Mo? Didn't we have the best record in the league all of the sudden? Either LeBron's teammates played better this season or they were just jacking around last season.

Lebron did a great job shutting down Rafer Alston in the ECF's. Oh wait, he didnt do that either!

Alston wasn't LeBron's primary goal. They were hoping LeBron could guard Alston but play off the ball most of the time to provide help for the other guys on D and hopefully get in the passing lanes. If you didn't notice we had match up problems and were trying to combat them any way we could. When Alston started actually knocking down shot after shot, Brown decided to switch things up and put James on Lewis, I believe, the rest of the series.

Individual defensive purposes, or just defensive purposes?

You remove Brown as the head coach and wipe out the smarter help defenders, and LeBron doesn't seem like much of a defensive player anymore.

And before you tell me that he's the reason why they are an excellent defensive team, I'm assuming you wouldn't agree with that in 2007.

I didn't see any man-on-man, defensive footwork improvements. I saw highlighted recovery blocks (which were great, but not more than what he was already doing). I saw an uptick in defensive intensity, but that alone does not mean that leaps and bounds have or will be taken.

He has gotten better on defense, a lot better. LeBron still guards his man using his hands as his primary weapon. He still needs to learn that your feet are the primary weapon on defense, with the hands as secondary. Although, from his rookie year he has actually gotten a lot better at this and doesn't hop on defense nearly as much as he used to when guarding a player with the ball (which is a sign of using your hands as primary weapons and looking for a steal). LeBron has great defensive instincts, is a great shot blocker, has quick hands, and can read a defense well, it's just his fundamentals that are still a little shakey and which separates Kobe as being a lockdown defender on a guy and LeBron just being a good defender. Which is why Kobe is the better overall defender. So I agree with you guys to a point, that his defense isn't as great as everyone says, but he has made a lot of improvements from previous years.

4 vs 0. Looks like Kobester has the edge, buddy.

That's a bull[expletive] and not a very good stat/fact to back up your arguement. Teams win championships, not players. Wade didn't do it by himself, Jordan didn't do it by himself, and believe it or not, neither did Kobe.

Edited by Sheriff Shaq

fixed

;) funny man Kobe is on another level when it comes down to Western Conference Finals and NBA Finals, I haven't seen Lebron turn it up like that. Only time he did turn it was when he beat the Piston single handily. Other then that what has LeBron prove that Kobe can't do. Just look at my sigs man Kobe > LeBron

Don't worry LeBron get em next year
Edited by magicbalala245

• 1 month later...
Guest Nissan

Kobe.

How can you not say Kobe after last season?

Kobe was the main reason why Team USA won the gold medal and the reason why the Lakers won the championship.

Kobe is the best player in the NBA, better overall player, and he's clutch in the final minutes of the game.

Edited by Nissan

I voted for LeBron, but I feel Kobe is better. I honestly can make a case for either side, my logic just goes with Kobe Bryant for many reasons mentioned in this thread, but honestly you cannot say because Kobe has a Finals MVP and a Ring that makes him better than LeBron. There is much more reasoning than that.